Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Stop Loss?? I Don't Want To Use It.

abdulla1

What required? I mean it is already well explained how stop loss is one of the most important feature each single trader has but usually overlooked by traders, they prefer to cut the loss manually rather than give the job to stop loss which can work very well especially in the condition where the market isn't so volatile.

• 3 months later...

@myregister: That is their own preference, i myself see sometimes cut loss would be so much useful for traders especially when you for example realize that you make a wrong analysis even your position is positive. But for all of my trading i will put Stop Loss and Take Profit first rather than depend on cutting the loss.

• 2 weeks later...

@sidejob:

SL still my first and the only way to dealing with loss, i know cut loss sometimes effective or cut profit. But SL is the tolarated amount i can lose, not to mention it has better management since it is done by system and cut my lose faster, i also put Traling Stop in this case if something happen later so i still obtain my profit without need to suffer much loss.

• 3 weeks later...

Me too, i don't have much time to handle the chart, i have more things to do at offline world which i think is more important than watch the chart also i think by put SL i already feel that amount of lot i put is something which i can handle at all. This motivate me a lot and of course will bring much more scale to my trading and i can trade without even need to worrying so much.

• 2 months later...

This is where Stop Loss playing the important part and i don't see any reason why we shouldn't use this useful feature that makes our life as foreign exchange traders easier. I don't have conservative but if there is a good trend and that is reasonably right without fighting the nature of market itself like SL, we should use it. It also helps us to control the emotions.

This is where Stop Loss playing the important part and i don't see any reason why we shouldn't use this useful feature that makes our life as foreign exchange traders easier. I don't have conservative but if there is a good trend and that is reasonably right without fighting the nature of market itself like SL, we should use it. It also helps us to control the emotions.

LOL you mean you are not conservative, right? Well that is also the same with me, i am someone who trade by use the tools and if that tools works for me i will use it as long as once again that is worthy to me. If someone doesn't want to use it fine, i don't force it but to lose your capital because of that is truly silly.

LOL you mean you are not conservative, right? Well that is also the same with me, i am someone who trade by use the tools and if that tools works for me i will use it as long as once again that is worthy to me. If someone doesn't want to use it fine, i don't force it but to lose your capital because of that is truly silly.

Yes i am not the one, and glad to know that there is someone who have the same thought like me. Tools or strategy or platform is just the tools, as long as it is safe and works why do we need to change it, i prefer to not to use SL maybe when i am trying to experimenting with something, because right now i try carry trading in demo account, so far the result is good.

• 3 weeks later...

But it doesn't mean you cannot use cut loss or manual cutting. I sometimes use manual cutting especially after few days my position is in profit or lose but doesn't reach my SL or my TP. i prefer to cut it rather than wait for my position to reach TP or SL which i've been set. To me more than 3 days is the time to cut the profit or loss manually.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It still cause the loss, well not every time you trade but that is the fact man. It is simple, have you ever seen the market seems like playing with you? You trade for a while and the market rise with its price but suddenly few minutes later the price slowly fall towards you SL. This is happening to me few times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If someone don't want to use stop loss then that is their loss. This feature automatically close the position which considered to be in loss, you don't need any kind of intervention to make your position closed which saving your time. Many experienced trader advise it because of its precision and its automatic nature, also if you already planned your RM, you will likely ended up to love it more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Because people want more control, do you know that when you set SL you are not in the control of decide at the real time how much you want to sacrifice. If you have control you can decide at that time to close the trading even doesn't reach your previous prediction of how much pips you will lose. If you know what to do, then SL is one of the best option.

• 4 weeks later...

Because people want more control, do you know that when you set SL you are not in the control of decide at the real time how much you want to sacrifice. If you have control you can decide at that time to close the trading even doesn't reach your previous prediction of how much pips you will lose. If you know what to do, then SL is one of the best option.

I know the fact that i cannot control my trading for 100% when I trade with using Stop Loss but that is convenient feature to me and I am sure that you also love it, right? With Stop loss we don't have to do anything manually anymore, just have a proper plan and you may change your trading to a better trading which is not very tiring act.

That is why I state before those people who don't want to use their stop loss feature is because they don't want to use it not because they think that is as useless feature. This can be seen on scalper's trading activities. They prefer to cut the loss manually since well 10-15 pips are actually pretty much easier to reach in shorter period.

• 1 month later...

First i think that SL is really wasting my time but as the days goes on this feature is one of the most desirable and very helpful, all this automation makes me able to focus on analysis. Stop Loss also works so well, it is faster way faster rather than my own hand in 90% cases, i just get few negative slippage because of this.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...