Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Want to see what's coming next for server and Data Center?

I’ve been mining bitcoin/crypto since 2011 and before that was daytrading penny stocks on the pink sheets. I will tell you that it will be a blockchain no one is talking about. The reasoning for this is simple.

1. Blockchain technologies are fairly new and there is not a lot of history to learn from. The so called “experts” are mostly self proclaimed, they have gotten lucky on the first crypto bubble and because of this feel confident enough to give advice and call out the next big gainer without very little technical or business knowledge. You could have thrown money into anything in 2016/17 and made out bigly, that doesn’t make you an expert, it just makes you lucky.
  2. Lack of real due dilligence, trend followers, forum weasels and not a real understanding of technical blockchain code or business and economic fundamentals. Touching back on the first point, not many people are computer science majors and even most of them still don’t fully understand blockchain code or how it really works, it is easier for them to learn but they still have to put in a bit of time to really understand it and how it can be useful.
  3. Lack of business and economic education. Being both a computer science and business major has given me a very deep understanding of marketplace dynamics and technical aspects of the ever changing crypto space. Many people might understand the code or the technicals of blockchain, but when researching the various coins out there, have little understanding of the true market needs for their strengths and cannot approprietly valuate their future potential to meet market demands. This is where a good business and economics mindset comes in to play. After the crypto bubble, adoption is the name of the game. The first of these coins to be accepted and adopted mainstream will be the lottery ticket you want to be hodling.

With this said, the clear winner will be Tezos (XTZ). I could write a book on why this is the case but I will just briefly touch the main benefits and why they stand out, from there you can do your own due dilligence before making an investment decision and see if you agree with me or not.

1. Tezos is not a popular coin, as of now it is merely ranked 18th way below it’s real main competitors, ETH (2nd) EOS (5th) and Cardano (10th). Out of the mentioned coins, EOS, Cardano and Tezos meet the criteria for what has been labeled “Blockchain 3.0”. Although being the second highest grossing ICO of all time next to EOS, it received bad press due to internal fighting and a few petty lawsuits by jaded investors. Additionally, Tezos decided to wait to release it’s coins until it launched it’s beta network (which took a full year due to aforementioned setbacks) instead of immediately releasing an ERC-20 token (basically an Ethereum Token) during the bubble like EOS and Cardano. EOS and Cardano both became instantly popular and talked about coins due to it’s major exchange listings and trading volume, while Tezos fell behind the scenes because well….there was nothing to talk about, it was just a waiting game.
  2. The tech and first to market. Tezos has a self ammending blockchain, it can swap it’s protocols based on a self governed voting mechanism which allows the coin holders to mold the future of coin and avoid hard forks. Going back to the business and economic fundamentals and understanding the how’s and why’s of this important function would take time to explain so I will skip that part. Security is ultimately the most important part of blockchain, Tezos was built with this in mind which is why it is written in O’Caml, a programming language that features formal verification. This ensures that the code is correct and bug free before it can be compiled. O’Caml is used in very security strict environments such as nuclear reactors and highly data sensitive sectors that leave room for zero errors.
  3. LPOS. Liquid Proof of Stake. Instead of traditional gpu-mining to come to a decentralized consensus, Tezos uses a method called “PoS - Proof of Stake”. This is where coin holders can “Bake” their coins or delegate their coins to a baker and recieve a percentage return every cycle. This allows every coin holder to also become a miner in a sense. Instead of explaining how this works simply research “Delegated Proof of Stake”.

Again, economics comes into play. The more people that are investing and holding or “Baking” and receiving rewards for doing so, the less coins are available for trade on the open market. This creates a supply and demand issue and naturually causing the price to rapidly increase.
  4. Lastly, Tezos is an Ethereum competitor because it also allows for DAPPS - Decentralized Applications to be created on the blockchain but with the aforemention additional features that makes it “Blockchain 3.0”. I say 3.0 because Bitcoin and Litecoin are 1.0, Ethereum 2.0 and the Ethereum competitors 3.0.

With everything I have mentioned you can now see why Tezos is a sleeping Giant. With all the attention on the top 20 coins that are merely Ethereum ERC-20 tokens without their own stable mainnet, Tezos has been quietly building and growing behind the scenes. This is to your advantage because you want to get in before everyone else realizes everything I have mentioned in this post. This is why Tezos will be the biggest gainer and next big coin of late 2018 and 2019. I predict it to be a top 3 coin in 2019 without a doubt.

*update 12–11–19 - took longer for people to catch on to Tezos, Coinbase now adding staking support and will offer users to delegate their XTZ to earn dividends (staking rewards). This is a huge milestone, Tezos is now ranked #11 in terms of market-cap.