Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Trade or Not to Trade

abdulla1

As a novice trader, you will be faced with a big question sometimes. There is a trade setup formed or forming on the chart and you wonder if you should take it or not.

The trade setup may not look strong enough and it may not have met all the criteria and rules your trading system has to make you take a position.

On the other hand, it has been several hours or even days that you have not taken any position and you are fed up of waiting. Or you already had some losing positions and you want to recover the loss as soon as possible.

These are all the thoughts and emotions that you have in your mind. Finally, the inner demon makes you take the position, but after clicking on the buy or sell button, all those stimulating emotions will go and you see the real picture of the trade setup that was forming. You will be realized that you were wrong and you should not have taken it, because it did not have everything that a good trade setup should have.

This is something that happens for novice traders almost everyday. First they wonder if they should take the position or they should wait for a better opportunity. After several minutes of mental struggle, they leave everything to luck and take the position. Usually and in 90% of the cases, these kinds of positions are losing positions. Why? Simply because they are taken based on emotions, not based on the techniques and trade setups.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to stop this problem one must use demo account for quite some time and also one should create a particular trading system for himself,doing both will surely help one to enter any trade at a right time,it also helps one to control the mind efficiently.

• 2 weeks later...

to stop this problem one must use demo account for quite some time and also one should create a particular trading system for himself,doing both will surely help one to enter any trade at a right time,it also helps one to control the mind efficiently.

yes, but a beginner will be hard to do two things simultaneously, especially for trading, we should really focus so as not to experience a big loss, I'd say follow your heart whether or not trading.

@Hunter i think your advise is not bad and it will be effective for newbie trader . but about control mind efficiently which you say i think its emotion which is really hard to control but to become success we have to must control it . and its also true many newbie traders are victim of greed we should also look carefully about this.

usually novice trader only entry market based their feeling and not have a correct method to entry. everytime they open trading platform, its time to trading and entry market. although the market not suitable for him/her to open position. my point is patient and trading method.

Firstly we should trade only high active market hours to make profits faster.

but i dont think there is a particular situation when we should enter to trade and when we should not

simply make long entry near support and close never resistence - but we should avoid trading when we feel there is very high volatility in the market.

usually novice trader only entry market based their feeling and not have a correct method to entry. everytime they open trading platform, its time to trading and entry market. although the market not suitable for him/her to open position. my point is patient and trading method.

well, sometimes they as beginners still do not have a good and correct analysis properly, so it is still too prone to apply,

but I guess it does not matter as long as it is still in the learning stage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@hyipreviewblog

That kind of trader is day traders and that is not good if they checked it again after 10-12 hours because he could miss good opportunity to place better position. It will be better if he/she could monitor it although he couldn't spend too much time. If he/she could look each 2-3 hours, it will be more effective.

• 3 weeks later...

i think it is better to trade with the lowest lot if you are not good yet in trading. and sometimes you would need to trade if you need to learn or develop your skills. but of course we need to leran eventually when is the right time to trade or not to trade. but we get to learn only that by experience. when we didn't trade at first it is hard to know by experience when is the right or best time to trade.

• 3 weeks later...

@indieover

Yes, it's better to trade with the lowest lot size in the first time of our trading because it will determine our psychology.

With low lot size, we won't feel too pressure and we could trade with more relax. It is better than we feel under-pressure.

And we could experience about psychology in trading from lower risk to higher risk, we could add its lot size step by step.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, style of trading for each trader will be different. Some traders said that one condition is bad for trading but another trader said that is

good time to enter to forex market. So trade or not, it will depend on each trader's analysis and style on trading. Short-term trader and long-term

trader will be different to look one condition in the market.

I think to trade or not trade must be base on our analysis. Most new trader like me have this problems, I like to trade everyday and push myself to find one position to enter the market, my analysis won't play a role but my emotion was. It was me feel bad, because I often loss my trade then make a profit. I been taught to be patience and analyze first the chat, once I find a best setup, I can enter the market comfortably because chance to get profit bigger than loss.

• 1 month later...

Trade or not to trade? Just one answer that is you must believe in your trading strategy. If your chart show chance to make profit then just simple do as it say, if you doubt then just stay aways for certain signal, do not worry if you did not have any deal for one or two days, the chance will come ;)

• 6 months later...

It is the trading strategy that will make that decision and if the trader is wise, the trader will wait patiently until that decision is made. If a trader cannot bve patient, then there's the possibility of taking trades that may have a high losing potential. Let thee strategy lead the way.

• 5 weeks later...

that is the reason why you must be minimize using the emotion when you want to trade in forex, just make sure about your decision that you want to sell or buy, and then you will be fine, and after that don't think about that too much, by controlling your emotion you could make your trading better

• 5 months later...

is better for beginners to practice first before starting real trading as if they were a real jump in trade will only get them to stop trading and will only cause huge frustration,, fatherly that beginners should know in the running everything it requires a good knowledge of the process and that what we run will get a good result, as well as in forex without our knowledge would be a certain amount of money just to make a trade

Trade or not to trade? Just one answer that is you must believe in your trading strategy. If your chart show chance to make profit then just simple do as it say, if you doubt then just stay aways for certain signal, do not worry if you did not have any deal for one or two days, the chance will come ;)

well once you say, trade or not to trade depends on the movement of the graph that occurs when you open a trade, if the graph does not show a good movement we better wait for the right time because if we are forced to start trading without knowing where the movement will it runs the same course we choose heads or tails in a coin.

but for the present time we are very difficult to pinpoint the exact time due to currency price movements resulting unstable we become difficult to implement strategies which are suitable for our use. therefore it is not just the time that we have to pay attention to but that we should also consider the graph so that later we are not stuck for choice.

very true for the current price movement does seem a bit difficult to analyze but we can we still be able to avoid the risk of pips trading with strong resistance even though we had to wait for the trade is not it the right time if we do not correct the analysis that did not would be a problem for us