Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What is FOREX Scalping?

abdulla1

I really dont get it is a good way to earn fast or better in forex scalping. Although it is just a matter of time that the position will close immediately after getting profit. Well usually i have used stop loss with atleast 15-20 pips but then i have put the take profit with 10 pips.

Its depends on the volatility of the market. In scalping in order to be successful you must be in scalping environment also. So know the environment of the pair your trading before you trade. Scalping is just a strategy. Use it when condition is right for scalping but don't force it. Me, I trade scalping but I can shift to hedging and naked trading in a flash. If market condition chance so is my strategy. that why I only use two pairs USD/CAD and USD/CHF. because its easy for me to know its behavior. Take not behavior.. not pattern but behavior.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most popular trading style is scalping, many novice traders who began to learn trading with scalping, but many failed, I think scalping is more difficult, first, I was very happy in trading, then day after day I experiencing burnout, I continued loss and the MC, maybe one day you must experience it, Another case if you already have a profitable system, which could result in profit every day, so in your forex could generate revenue. because for me the main reason is that it can make money

Its depends on the volatility of the market. In scalping in order to be successful you must be in scalping environment also. So know the environment of the pair your trading before you trade. Scalping is just a strategy. Use it when condition is right for scalping but don't force it. Me, I trade scalping but I can shift to hedging and naked trading in a flash. If market condition chance so is my strategy. that why I only use two pairs USD/CAD and USD/CHF. because its easy for me to know its behavior. Take not behavior.. not pattern but behavior.

Yeah. Other pairs that have big movements were EUR/USD, GBPUSD, and NZDUSD. Although it seems you are right that it is good to check on their behavior because im looking at their patterns or the indicators telling but end up of sudden reversal of the direction which really annoyed that indicators showing me and the movements are very quickly even a minute it will have 10 or more pips already.

• 2 months later...

Scalping the forex market by a trader means to indulge in a trading practice or pattern where persistent and continous trading orders are executed and the duration of these trades is usually nit more than a few minutes at most, 1 hour. It can bring in good money to a trader if a trader knows how to scalp otherwise, it is better to avoid it for the sake of quick losses.

Scalping the forex market by a trader means to indulge in a trading practice or pattern where persistent and continous trading orders are executed and the duration of these trades is usually nit more than a few minutes at most, 1 hour. It can bring in good money to a trader if a trader knows how to scalp otherwise, it is better to avoid it for the sake of quick losses.

Yes you are right that scalping mostly depends on the trading with is based on short terms, mostly 1 minute to 15 minutes in anticipation of a small pips movement to grab the profit. This type of trading is considered profitable but requires great amount of anticipation and consistently watching out the markets when the position is open.

As for me I will say that another meaning of scalping is swing trading which one can swing from one trade to the other, this is sometime profitable but one can not really tell because its depend on how you understand the market and the currency you want to scalp on,opening one trade at atime is also the best way to trade scalping.

• 4 weeks later...

The basic idea behind scalping in the FOREX market is that you make several small trades during the course of the day. You find a currency pair that you like to trade, predict which way it is going to move and then place a trade. Instead of waiting around for a big trade like you do with other trading strategies, you just wait for a small movement in the direction you want and close the trade. You are aiming for a small profit target instead of a large one. This strategy usually takes place pretty fast. If you are trading during a high volume part of the trading day, the currency will usually move a few pips in a short period of time. Therefore, you may have your trade open for only 10 minutes or less. Sometimes it takes longer, but many times you can do a trade in only a few minutes.

Benefits of Scalping

Scalping can be a productive strategy if you know what you are doing. With this strategy, you are not waiting around to hit the big home run. You are just consistently hitting singles throughout the trading day. Even if the market does not move very much throughout the day, you can still net some consistent profits.

With this strategy, you can also protect your trading account better. Instead of taking a large trade with a big stop loss, you are taking several trades with a small stop loss. You are just hoping for a few pips, so you do not have to risk as much to have a successful trade as you would if you were taking big trades.

Disadvantages of Scalping

The big drawback to scalping is that in a short time frame, it is very difficult to predict the direction of the market accurately. The market jumps up and down a lot throughout the day. When you smooth out the data on a larger time frame, you can more easily see the direction of the trend.

Another disadvantage is that it is a very high-paced trading strategy. With other trading styles, it is not so crucial to get in and out at the precise second. You can be patient and trade when you want. With this method, you have to get into the market at a second's notice.

A very good advice from you.I am gonna keep thisn in mind as well.Thsi is the benefit of posting on forum sites.Forex Scalping from what i have read here,the benefit is much more than the disadvantages.Meaning it is a good plan to move for.

• 1 month later...

Forex scalping is a forex trading technique used on little while supports, such as one to 5-minute index charts, with fast buy/sell dealings that draw out between 2 to 15 pips from the period. These fast dealings are often implemented with larger lot sizes so that the smaller amounts of pips scalped will still lead to high income.

some traders would say that there is more disadvantage in scalping. i guess not every one has the same feeling or experience. so it is like not every one would have success in scalping. but i have not tried scalping that long. but i feel it is hard to do scalping though.

All strategy that you use is disadvantage to you if you don't know how to use it. Its like holding a sword and if you don't know how to handle a sword properly you can hurt yourself. In forex its the same. some will say this strategy is difficult etc. But its because they don't know how to use that strategy in the first place.

Investors who apply this technique are known as scalpers. The primary objective is to buy (or sell) a number of stocks at the bid (or ask) price and then easily offer them five dollars higher (or lower) for a revenue. Many small income can easily substance into huge income if a demanding quit technique is used to avoid huge failures.

So far I'm earnign good doing scalping in eur/usd. eur/usd is so volatile that either way I can earn money if I only know how to put timing in my trading strategy. So far so good in one of my account that I'm using scalping. I'm hoping that in two to three months I will have an establish position in which either way my scalping strategy will going to make me money.

Yes, many traders are good in the volatile market such as eurusd pair thus, even they just target smaller pips they can reach it easily and they will gain good profit already. Sometimes, when I do see those instances or chances I will hit scalping to instantly earn some profits. I think other traders waiting for those chances.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sadden that my points in liteforex expires. Although I'm earning good in their but that's the rules of liteforex. Your bonus is only good for three months once its expires you have zero funds. I'm hoping to get 30 dollars worth of funds in here again from peopleforex so that I can do scalping again using liteforex account.

Well as for me I see scalping as the means by which traders uses a small time frame to trade for profit ,this process normally took few minut and so many trader do this for fast profit and they can trade scalping without setting stop loss in any of their trade.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Scalping is when you trade using short time frame. Like M5 to M15. In this way you can target 15 pips TP only or more or less. the logic of scalping trading is to hold your position in the shortest time possible. In short you can close your position in no time. Sad to say I'm really not that lucky in scalping even though I really try my best to study and practice and trade using scalping strategies.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess its better that we just going to do long term trading. In this way we can earn good amount of money without fearing that we going to loss money. Because in scalping we really need to take some loses and we are hoping that in the volume trade we can make some profit but its seems what happen to me is disappointment after disappointment. I'm hoping that no matter what will happen I will going to make good money in forex but not by doing scalping.

Yes, if we are just talking about making profits with less risks then, we will do long term trading. But then, many traders including myself wanted to have faster profits and of course, I know that it have risks since I also set my scalping strategy with higher lot sizes. Since, I will not need to monitor my trades for a long time because I'm also doing other stuffs to make me earn.

I do not have the same opinion with part of the complexity of predict the price, only a fool scalper would do its scalping when at the tendency move , of route it makes their accounts rapidly get a edge call. please be conscious that scalping is additional right to do when at to one side marketplace

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have the same opinion with part of the complexity of predict the price, only a fool scalper would do its scalping when at the tendency move , of route it makes their accounts rapidly get a edge call. please be conscious that scalping is additional right to do when at to one side marketplace

Actually its the other way around. Its only a fool who going to trade if the market is not moving. The best way to trade scalping is when theirs some activity or movement tendency. Because in here we going to take a ride and earn from the market volatility. If you going to trade without tendency of movement then you are stuck in the price range that you don't know if its going to go up or going to go down .But if the market turn bearish and you open sell position or bullish and open buy position then you can do scalping.

• 3 weeks later...

That's ridiculous. And its really a new trader if they tried to have a pair or market that don't have volatility. Always scalping is only taking advantage of the volatility of the market without it no one can accomplish their target per day or in few minutes which scalping takes place. I don't think also that they will have the right thinking to choose not major pairs as if they are not really wanted to make profits after all.