Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What is spread?

Gee Dee

Spread is nothing but the difference between ask and bid price of a currency pair. And one of the most useful cost element for any foreign currency exchange trader. A trader may find it useful to work with a broker that will provide him lower spread and transaction costs. Even for the scalpers, lower spread is one of the prominent factors that can help a trader to achieve a profitable journey.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, these are very much the basic elements for any trader, so it’s something we should know instead of asking. I would suggest sites like BabyPips for learning. I currently trading with FreshForex, and here too they have lovely educational setup that helps. It should also be checked if someone is interested in learning.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, Latham Lapard said:

Well, these are very much the basic elements for any trader, so it’s something we should know instead of asking. I would suggest sites like BabyPips for learning. I currently trading with FreshForex, and here too they have lovely educational setup that helps. It should also be checked if someone is interested in learning.

Thanks for these tips, I'm new about this and didn't know where to start

The spread is the difference between the sell (also called ask) price and the buy (also called bid) price. Two prices are given for acurrency pair. The spread stands for the difference between what your broker is willing to give to buy from you the trader, and what the same broker would charge to sell to a trader.

• 3 months later...