Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How about a simple example of an affiliate relationship?

Alexe

Think of an affiliate program as a partnership, a relationship or a win-win situation for yourself and the company you are promoting.

Say your friend was selling his house privately and one day he/she approaches you and says “[your name here ...], I will pay you $5.00 for every valid lead you bring to me that is interested in buying my house! On top of that, I will pay you a percentage of the sale if the home is sold from a lead that you brought in!”

Sound enticing! Not only do you make money for sending people you know over to their house, you will also get paid if a sale is made from one of your referrals!

If you know a lot of people interested in buying a house, this relationship could prove to be profitable for you.

Much is the same for affiliate programs on the Internet.

From your website, you drive traffic to the company selling products online. If one of your website visitors that you sent over to your affiliate partner makes a purchase … you guessed it, you make a commission.

• 2 years later...