Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What amount should one go with for scalping?

Scalping is a sort of method that can be very risky, it’s the reason why we need to be very wise and make sure we work out through proper way and plan. If we want to be successful then we need to have everything on the mark. That is exactly what I do with help of broker like OctaFX since they have excellent setup allowing us to operate on ECN account with just 20 dollars and have no slippage, re quote and even spreads are very low. I work with around 100 USD for scalping, as its ideal amount.

• Downvote 1

Now many broker offer low minimum deposit on cent account, for learning trading using scalping also good to using cent account and they can start using small capital first, ten dolar with use high leverage is they can trying using scalping trading using low risk with smallest lot size

It is all depend, thousand of dollars is the ideal amount for traders to go with scalping. But let me elaborate here that what i mean here is total capital in your account not the amount of lot size you should use, but if this is all about the amount of the lot size then 0.1 lot is fine for minimum amount of money we should go for scalping.

With any amount you can trade with scalping strategy, all you need is practice on that money. Check yourself in demo account for scalping with a fixed amount. Then you can use your experience in real account.

To be able to make us better understand and easier in reaching its profit, hence trader must be able to continue to learn and understand it well to be able to make its work path more understanding, and indeed with us mastered in demo account, then even real estate account we managed

It would be better if you spend higher lot size for scalping, but if you are not a confident one the smallest is better because it means lower risk. As for somebody who spend bigger lot size, they may effectively lower the amount of pips they should have in order to make bigger profits or to maintain their current profit.

• 11 months later...

Traders in forex market are not similar in their trading objectives. But traders are now using swing, scalping or long term investment strategy as per their trading requirements. However, those who prefer short term trading horizon should try to work with scalping. I started scalping with $500 only with micro trading accounts. But it is not necessary that each trader will have to start with that amount: what amount a scalper should use dependent on his own capabilities.