Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

The Real Trading Success. It’s Not What You Think

When I first went to university the initial week was filled with the usual getting to know the lay of the land such as how the library works (in a surprisingly mysterious way I might add), where various labs where and what the protocol for various subjects was. One of the most striking events was an orientation lecture we had in one subject. The lecturer who went onto to be one of my favourites because he knew his stuff, was blunt in his delivery and told students the truth. The last one of these characteristics would now not be tolerated because apparently telling students that they failed because they didn’t get off their arses would now be considered bullying or some form of oppression or would require the student to curl up in a foetal position in one of their safe spaces.

He opined that the easiest way to survive first year was to turn up and do the work – if you did that then the chances were pretty good that you would get through. Do a bit more than that and you would do well. This must have been a friggen revelation to a large proportion of my year because over half failed the year.  Much to their surprise simply hanging around the university cafe and the pub across the road did not magically allow the collective wisdom of those at the university to seep into their brains as if by a process of osmosis.

The reason for me reminiscing about events locked in my dim dark past is simple – this pattern of laziness repeats itself year after year, decade after decade in people and people still wonder why their lives are like they are. Let me give you an example that is close to home. During our Mentor Program we generate a lot of content, each step of the course is mapped out to the day in such a way as to take someone from being a complete novice in the market to a competent trader at the end of six months. In effect, we make a pact with those doing the course, we will tell you everything we know with nothing held back and you commit to putting the time in to absorb what you are being told. To my way of thinking it is a fair deal besides you have paid for it so that should be sufficient motivation to put some effort in.

Intriguingly some – many believe that simply looking at the notes occasionally and not putting in any effort at all will somehow translate into success. We are now several weeks into the course and there are attendees who have logged in twice. Yet I can imagine that they are completely surprised at their inability to master the most basic of trading concepts. Or that they have not instantly be transmuted into billionaires via some alchemic process.

Central to all of this is the notion of how success in any arena is achieved. It should not be surprising that to achieve anything in any field you choose requires a certain amount of commitment and toil – this is simply the nature of the universe. Think of success as a natural system, it requires the addition of energy to keep it viable. If the system is not constantly restocked with effort, then eventually it will collapse. Yet, this lesson is lost on so many people who assume that either simply paying for something (think gym membership that is never used) or paying lip service and offering the usual platitudes will assist in mastering a task or achieving a goal.

Harking back to my early days in first year there was one thing that was almost universal in those that failed. It was always someone else’s fault and that seems to be something that is universe among those that do not put in the effort.

Author: Chris Tate

Article reproduced with kind permission of http://tradinggame.com.au

Other quotes from professional traders are below:

“The internet has been a boon for those seeking information. Within seconds you can find information on just about any subject that you want to know more about. Unfortunately, there is also a lot of misinformation mixed in with the results. This is very true in the trading world.”- Tradingeducators.com

“The internet is an amazing thing – there are thousands of trading strategies described in forums, social media and YouTube videos etc. But how do you know if they work? The answer is much simpler than it seems. Test the strategy properly!” - Jasper Lawler  

“Listen don’t tell because the market cannot hear you… Trading is a profession where the ability to delay gratification is paramount to your success. Delaying gratification means that you can hold onto winning positions for longer.” – Chris Tate

“This is the most salient point for traders with regards to what is considered uncertainty. Uncertainty is the environment within which we operate as a broad observation but beyond that it is actually the markets themselves that define what is actually uncertainty and they can do this by readily accessible metrics.” – Chris Tate

www.tallinex.com wants you to become a successful trader

• Downvote 3

Might success is expectation all trader that joined on forex, and to become success trader of course they need profitable system trading and there are so many trading system, but if during test system can't discipline with rules also will hard to success because will difficult to making evaluation trading, and making trading being simple but profitable this is good idea although on practice also not easy

Might success is expectation all trader that joined on forex, and to become success trader of course they need profitable system trading and there are so many trading system, but if during test system can't discipline with rules also will hard to success because will difficult to making evaluation trading, and making trading being simple but profitable this is good idea although on practice also not easy

The success of traders in running the trading is a sala one hope in the dream of every person and it is not easy, because with we can master it correctly, it will help us so better traders learn to understand and learn it as possible

The success of traders in running the trading is a sala one hope in the dream of every person and it is not easy, because with we can master it correctly, it will help us so better traders learn to understand and learn it as possible

We need hardwork and keep struggle on this business if want to become success trader, this is not instant way to making triple money although possible, but risk also as part on trading that sometime inevitable, real trading will always involved emotion and usually trader will regret if losing money

We need hardwork and keep struggle on this business if want to become success trader, this is not instant way to making triple money although possible, but risk also as part on trading that sometime inevitable, real trading will always involved emotion and usually trader will regret if losing money

To generate profits and success in this business trader must try to maximize the ability and effort, and continue to learn in order to understand the risks well, because indeed with we can master it properly, then the advantages and disadvantages we can control it well

Profit can be there but first, we need to learn the market and business. Because nothing can bring money to you until you use your mind for that.

You have to gain knowledge and skills for that then only you can make the profit here.

In every business i think need strive if anyone they want to get success on these business, keep learning and also never give up and also having good mindset on business also can help us become successful people, and also we need patience on process learning beause nothing we will get instantly

• 3 weeks later...

The success in forex means better risk management and enough capital to hold the position. But it is not just that a proven and profitable strategy is needed to cover some losses we may suffer later, also when someone said that you need luck well that might be true but not for each every single open positions you have :D , Almost of your trading based on your skill which reflected from your total experience since you the first time trade in foreign exchange.

The success in forex means better risk management and enough capital to hold the position. But it is not just that a proven and profitable strategy is needed to cover some losses we may suffer later, also when someone said that you need luck well that might be true but not for each every single open positions you have :D , Almost of your trading based on your skill which reflected from your total experience since you the first time trade in foreign exchange.

But you still need a profitable strategy, what is the real need of defense if you cannot do a counter attack? Both needed at least in my own view fr now. Luck is out of the topic here but if you talk about it, that is good but not so good, i also agree that it just play small parts of our life as forex trader.

But you still need a profitable strategy, what is the real need of defense if you cannot do a counter attack? Both needed at least in my own view fr now. Luck is out of the topic here but if you talk about it, that is good but not so good, i also agree that it just play small parts of our life as forex trader.

Strategy in a forex business is the most important thing even, because we have a good strategy, then we make it easier for the good forex running. And we are traders who definitely want luck, always try to have any exercise anytime like in demo account or instaforex demo contest in the stages we learn to understand everything will be a good way of trading

Yes by use our common sense we already know that we need a profitable strategy, if we keep defending and cannot earn we will be lose since in forex defending means you are either makes no profit or lose in small amount as possible. The key here is a good and strict Risk management and also a profitable strategy which its success rate at least around 70%.

Yes by use our common sense we already know that we need a profitable strategy, if we keep defending and cannot earn we will be lose since in forex defending means you are either makes no profit or lose in small amount as possible. The key here is a good and strict Risk management and also a profitable strategy which its success rate at least around 70%.

So that is what traders need to know, also about the strategy which is profitable i think that is depend on the condition. 70% profitable strategy doesn't mean it will be like that, i am not really sure if that kind of strategy could exist right now since all strategies if we can use it carefully will bring us closer to 100% profitable rate.

The ability to manage funds properly and optimally will make the effort to get profit in trading that we do can run more leverage. To minimize potential losses in trading I choose to use SL discipline in trading activities that I run through a real account in FXB.

I think that success is not when we earn profit or when we lose a bit. Success is that when we trade with Forex and while trading if we make more profits than the loss, it is called success.

Success as foreign exchange trader to me is when i consistenly making sizeable profit per month and i can live in my country with a pretty much high standard. Based on the location where do i live right now 4 digit us dollar is more than enough to just eat and pay other expenses and even it has 20% for me my backup or re-investment. So that is what sucess to me and i think everyone have their own? So what is the others? Well that is depend on their own view.

Success as foreign exchange trader to me is when i consistenly making sizeable profit per month and i can live in my country with a pretty much high standard. Based on the location where do i live right now 4 digit us dollar is more than enough to just eat and pay other expenses and even it has 20% for me my backup or re-investment. So that is what sucess to me and i think everyone have their own? So what is the others? Well that is depend on their own view.

In the success of the forex trading is not an easy to run instantly, because we are in the trading run must have more skill to have the maximum ability in his possession, with more can manage the risks well. And if a trader who does not own the skills of trading skills it would be nice to always run a good trading with learning as in demo account or demo contest instaforex in hoping we want to succeed in forex trading

I had limited knowledge in the world of trading but now I have gone up to a very high level after I started using FXB Trading. This website has helped me trade in the CFD market and has assisted me in all my regulation queries. I have increased my skills in trading quite swiftly with the support of FXB Trading.

• 2 weeks later...

Stevenchin, I should not doubt your intention, but your words are really not matching or making sense. When you said you had limited knowledge then HOW it gone up just because you join certain broker. Also, I will be interested in knowing how they helped you trade on CFD market, did they visit you personally? Anyhow, I am not really going deep with it. I believe you need to be sensible to be sensible not silly. It starts from gaining enough knowledge, it certainly helps if the broker is good like mine is in OctaFX.

Stevenchin, I should not doubt your intention, but your words are really not matching or making sense. When you said you had limited knowledge then HOW it gone up just because you join certain broker. Also, I will be interested in knowing how they helped you trade on CFD market, did they visit you personally? Anyhow, I am not really going deep with it. I believe you need to be sensible to be sensible not silly. It starts from gaining enough knowledge, it certainly helps if the broker is good like mine is in OctaFX.

Agree ndan, but we also must be able to learn it well in order to better know how much pengegtahuan we have, many brokers who provide facilities that help but we also must be able to better understand how it works well

Agree ndan, but we also must be able to learn it well in order to better know how much pengegtahuan we have, many brokers who provide facilities that help but we also must be able to better understand how it works well

In that business we should be able to know more for how we run trading properly and correctly. The forex business is certainly going to be high risk, so maximize the skill of trading ability to make it easier to run trading. FXB Trading is renowned for the rapid execution of the entire set of operations essential for trading on the CFD market. Merchants will not experience software problems that are slow with them and therefore, they are the primary choice of some merchants.

• 9 months later...

For where we want to be successful in running forex trading that surely is not an easy business, forex business risk is very big business that exists, so where traders that continue to improve always maximum knowledge so that we can maximal also in the run trading forex together his instaforex. Need a routine learning stage for us where want to be able to profit easily and consistently

Stevenchin, I should not doubt your intention, but your words are really not matching or making sense. When you said you had limited knowledge then HOW it gone up just because you join certain broker.

Well newbie promoters who think if they write this then they are promoting their services. But in reality people just ignore these kinds of posts and those users who makes these kinds of posts. They actually don't add much value in any discussion.

Success in forex business is one of the easy things in the run, forex business is a business risk is very large, so where traders continue to try to increase skills maximum skills so that we can better understand how this forex trading on the run, and which is sure with maximum skill capability it will be maximal also in the run forex trading

The trading success doesnot what you gain maximum. The real success when you understand the market and go with it accordingly. I dont agree success is someone make huge profit in single order the success is what you get consistently.  

Thanks for sharing your views and I am waiting for such threads where experienced or new baby will share their own views of forex trading. Trading is becoming somehow very hard since a trader needs to continually change his styles or methods to cope with the changes in the market. Forex is a dynamic market place where traders are exposed to high price risks and in order to be successful here traders should maintain patience, perseverance, hard work and learning.