Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Weekly Trading Forecasts on Major Pairs (August 29 – September 2, 2016)

analyst75

Here’s the market outlook for the week:

EURUSD

Dominant bias: Bullish

The bias on this pair is precariously bullish. Price came down 120 pips on Friday, in the context of a weak uptrend. A movement below the support line at 1.1100 would result in a clean Bearish Confirmation Pattern in the market, while a movement above the resistance line at 1.1350 would strengthen the ongoing bullish bias on the pair. This week would determine whether things would turn bearish or things would become more bullish in the market.

USDCHF

Dominant bias: Bearish

Just as it was prognosticated last week, a short-term weakness of CHF (which was weak versus other majors as well), coupled with a noticeable bullish effort on EURUSD, was able to cause a rally on USDCHF, which rallied 170 pips last week. USD also became strong in its own right, especially on Friday, August 26, 2016. Therefore, USDCHF would continue going up as long as the factors mentioned above continue to favor it, which might cause a Bullish Confirmation Pattern to form in the market; otherwise there would be a serious pullback.

GBPUSD

Dominant bias: Bullish

GBPUSD is bullish in the short-term and bearish in the long-term. Price went north 200 pips to test the distribution territory at 1.3250, before it experienced a pullback on Friday. However, the short-term bias remains bullish, provided that price does not go below the accumulation territories at 1.3000 and 1.2950. GBP pairs would undergo high volatility in September 2016: in contrast to lower volatility witnessed this month.      

USDJPY

Dominant bias: Neutral

This currency trading instrument is neutral in the short-term, but bearish in the longer term. The instrument underwent a very tight consolidation between Monday and Thursday, only to break upwards on Friday. The upwards break has not invalidated the neutral bias on the market, unless price goes above the supply levels at 103.00 and 103.50. There is also a possibility of a pullback to the demand levels at 101.00 and 100.50. The outlook on JPY pairs is bearish for the month of September, which means, bears are expected to be the overall winners in the month.    

EURJPY

Dominant bias: Neutral

EURJPY is neutral in the near term and bearish in the long-term. The cross has been moving sideways for the past three weeks, while the trend on higher timeframes remains bearish. The bullish breakout that occurred on Friday could end up being a false breakout, should price fail to keep on moving north. Since the outlook on JPY pairs remains bearish, a pullback into the demand zone at 113.00 is possible, though strong selling pressures would be needed for the demand zone to be breached to the downside.

This forecast is concluded with the quote below:

“A seed was planted in my mind. It took a few years for it to grow. When it did, I realized that what I really love is trading — the pursuit of actively trying to beat the market. And so I guided my life into that role. It took a while, but finally I succeeded. For the past 15 years, I have been a full-time trader.” - Jim Totaro (Source: Collective2)