Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How long do you use demo account?

Demo accounts are so helpful to apply what you have studied recently before you forget it, yes suppose for example that you read (or watched) the Fibonacci lesson today, then the following week took the harmonic trading then Elliott waves ...etc, when you want to apply all of these you will find yourself forgetting 50% of the information you got, so with demo account you can apply immediately what you have leaned newly.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demo accounts are so helpful to apply what you have studied recently before you forget it, yes suppose for example that you read (or watched) the Fibonacci lesson today, then the following week took the harmonic trading then Elliott waves ...etc, when you want to apply all of these you will find yourself forgetting 50% of the information you got, so with demo account you can apply immediately what you have leaned newly.

Yes, for a trader, no matter if you are a novice trader or professional, you need to keep practicing your trading lessons and the basics of forex to help avoid forgetting any thing you have previously learned. Demo account provides an ideal condition for this as it requires no real money investment and we can stay safe from risking for real money while practicing.

currently, i am not using a demo account at any forex broker. however, i used demo accounts in the past.

i traded in marketiva in the past. i used the demo account for a few days.

Well, did you found trading beneficial while demo trading? Trading through Demo accounts for a few days is just not enough time to set up a strategy and know how the trading pairs moves on different market conditions. You should have given a bit more time to your demo account practice.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For as long as possible if not throughout a traders trading career. The demo account s serve many purposes to different traders at one time or another. It is particularly important to new traders who want to try their hands on forex. Since the money is not real, there's freedom to try out any strategy a trader wants without paying for any mistake with real money.

how long? well if you ask how long each day, i trade in forex not everyday. but if i have time i trying the demo account at the first time when i want to trade, and doing trading about 30 minutes - 1 hour . but if you ask how long from all of my life trading?, i used demo account since the first time i trade in forex, and it is very helpful for me to understand more and learn about forex

Yes, traders used demo account to test strategy before setting up a new trade. So, meaning using a Demo still necessary whether you learned everything about. Well, Learning MT4 isn't that easy at all, you need to watch some tutorial videos to be familiarize about the software.

Truly speaking I never traded in Demo accounts when I started. Doing this, I did lost huge amount of money in the beginning of my trading career but soon realized my mistakes and started trading through forex. I had a demo trading session of about 6 months hardly and then I was all set to trade with real money again and this time I did succeeded to earn small profits from my trades.

@adnan: i think that is bad for you, we need a place where we can learn more about forex without any risk of loss the money and the answer is demo account, with that newbie can learn more about forex without even loss any single dollar from their account, so i think they should try to doing demo account first before trying to use real account

I been trading for six years now and until now I still do demo trading. Demo trading is my practice account. And I always open my demo account and open a position in their just to see if my strategy is not rusty yet then I tried real account. Usually its busy monday because usually I open and do lots of research on monday. So its demo and real account that I trade on monday.

demo account is more like a training which will also determine whether you will be able to get everything into something better and so then you can get a skill than those who did not use a demo account before

that is what i think about the demo account in every forex broker i joined, the place for me to training and sharpen my trading skill so i will be get better in trading, so far i used demo account mostly rather than my real account and so far i am still earn well even i am not trading everyday by real account

I believe that everyone is using a demo account or at least had use it when they are starting in Forex. Me? I am still using a demo account it's a great place where we can develop our own skills without losing anything.

I think its really necessary. Demo account is the trading ground if you really dead serious in forex trading. Also demo trading not only going to help you practice your strategy but its also help you know more about the broker site that you are using. Becuase the demo trading is really a carbon copy of real account.

That's why you must always prepare yourself in demo account and compute how much you need in real account to be successful.

And practice and practice. I'm trading three broker sites right now and I'm earning. But I still do trade in demo even though I have funds and I do trade in real account. The reason why I still trade in demo is that if theirs some strategy that I want to use or if I think its too risky I trade in demo just to do some research and the answer of the "what if".

I do not know the details when or how long I use a demo account, but certainly in a quick,because I've experienced in the field of forex since many years ago and it all gave me the experience of the self-loss and profit has become something that normal .

I personally dont think that there should be a limit on the amount of time that one needs to spend on a demo account. After all, its used for practice and only until one is confident enough to go for the real thing then they should take as long as it takes. Even people that have been trading for some time can also go ack to the demo account should the need arise.

A demo account is always an importance to us and yes theri new startegies will tend to try first with our demo account before thinking about to trade with our real account. Demo account is very useful and even some professional traders uses it to develop more of their skills in forex trade

Quite right since the demo account is very useful for both newbies as well as experienced forex traders. Newbies are able to put into practice what they have learnt theoretically and before they deal with the real thing and at it stage dont have to use real funds till they feel they got enough of that practice. Experienced traders can also revert back to the account in the event of consecutive losses and they feel the need to go back to the basics.

You should spend at least a month with a demo account. It takes time to learn how the Forex market works. While you are practicing with the demo account, you also want to be looking at other aspects of Forex trading. Most importantly, you want to learn what influences the markets that you are trading in.

I dont think that there should be a limit to the amount of time that one should spend in a demo account. Our level of comprehension and understanding are not the same and although for some it might take a short period of time, for other it may be longer till they are comfortable and confident enough to start live trading.

Yes, we can use demo account whenever we want thus there's no limit of learning we can have it by continuously use it and trading on it. Not only feel comfortable but also they see it as profitable for them to use. Well, its really right that there's differences between traders to there were times that they are go in live trading early or not.

Its also my therapy and I guess those who is prone in trading emotions its good that you trade in demo account if you feel you are trading emotionally. In this way you can trade without risking money. Me that's what I do. After I make some loses instead of trading in real account I trade in demo account until I relax and ready to trade in real account once again.