Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How long do you use demo account?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also trade with a Demo account more than three months. Get used to the trading platform MT4 by using the demo and learn how to use different indicator and tried to identify trading patterns. (chart patterns).

After many successful trades only i decided to invest in real market. But still i'm in the initial stage so i started with small amount.

@sasanka

I think that was too long to do trading in demo account for 3 months but I didn't say that is wasting time but it's not effective enough for me.

It will be better while you did demo account trading in 2nd month maybe, you made trading in real account too with small investment.

• 3 weeks later...

well, i think we all suppose to get enough training on demo forex account that will help you to get the enough experience to be able to enter the market free with low level of risks . i would train there about one month yeah, it is good period to sustain profits

I think better not be too long to use a demo account, at least if we are to understand the workings of a platform, then we should direct to a live account, with consideration of using low risk and money management, such using micro/cent account

@boniez

Yes, we shouldn't use demo account for long time but we must make sure if our trading found good trading plan.

It is too risky to do trading with live account but we didn't have trading plan although we knew how is the working of trading platform.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@standart yes i also agree with you that for testing EA demo rule more signaficant fule because without testing in demo use any EA is very very dangerous . and if we have lack of knowledge of EA setting then here we get knowledge also. so demo is really very helpful in this occasion.

I will be using the demo account forever. I mean, the demo account is experimental in nature. As a trader, I have always being trying to explore the forex market, instead of sticking to one strategy. Even if you do have one single strategy, you have to test it and evaluate it. That's where you will need a demo account.

Learning from demo practice is very useful as beginner as I was, Although I am having good feedback from my demo trading, but I didn't try with good amount in my real account, I wanna be safe with my big investment & to gain that I need more positive attitude with managing money with low leverage. Hope I will be good trader..

Learning from demo practice is very useful as beginner as I was, Although I am having good feedback from my demo trading, but I didn't try with good amount in my real account, I wanna be safe with my big investment & to gain that I need more positive attitude with managing money with low leverage. Hope I will be good trader..

Good for you. I do not mean to discourage you or something but I just blew up my account today in trying a new strategy. I know I should have tested that more extensively with my demo account but I am just so eager for real profit. My advice is do not go real unless you have proved your strategy with your demo account.

I still use demo account sometimes when I want to test new strategy or when I don't have a good decision to open market....

Until now I have 4 real account with small deposit and 1 big account for my real trading...

demo account is only use to test strategy or maybe some robot to make sure they can give me profit if I applied it on real market....

yes demo account is very much useful for beginners. i think the experience or more knowledgeable can still test their strategy but this time with Real Live trading than just demo account. as i think that they can manage to cut off the loss even if they tested their strategy on the live tradting.

I think almost all traders will agree with me if demo account is important in trading. So in your view, how long that is commonly

enough time to use demo account? If my view, I think for newbie traders who wanted to learn about how to trade, it will need

at least 1 month until 3 months but after that they still could use it if that is necessary.

hi andry777,

I'm a nubie trader and still in demo account. I think demo account is the best way to learn how to trade in forex for nubie stats. For me to step into live account, I must prove myself to become a profitable trader in demo account and if I can make a profitable trade 5 month in row. Then I will try to open a micro live account. So for me, there is time limit in using a demo account.

hi andry777,

I'm a nubie trader and still in demo account. I think demo account is the best way to learn how to trade in forex for nubie stats. For me to step into live account, I must prove myself to become a profitable trader in demo account and if I can make a profitable trade 5 month in row. Then I will try to open a micro live account. So for me, there is time limit in using a demo account.

If you still learn on forex, it is good for you to use demo account first cause forex market is very risky and you can loss a lot here. After you feel good and have a good strategy you can open account with some brokers that give free bonus. There you can learn how to control your emotion on real market.

Not only first time when we are learning about forex that we should use demo account but we can use demo account after we entered to

real account too. We can use demo account to test our update strategy or when we want to try another style or method to know its

effectiveness with our current condition.

@andry7

I agree with you, sometime we still need a demo account to test our strategy for updated. Demo account is very powerful for beginner trader or expert trader. Demo account is very useful for us to make a change in our strategy and test it because it will save to loss our real money. But if we already have a good strategy that give a consistent profit, we can stay in live account for permanently.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually there is no time frame on using forex demo account.

For me, 1 month is sufficient, because it only provides us basic knowledge of forex trading, but not the real one.

In order to success in forex trading, besides having basic knowledge through demo account, investors also need to have good amount of forex knowledge & real trading experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Demo is great stuff for begginers.I agree.Some posters here say that 15-30 days is enough to learn trading.Its not exactly true.

15-30 days is enough to learn how to use trading software and some basic trading techniques.15-30 days is NOT enough to learn about the forex market patterns and develop a good trading strategy

Well, 2-3 months are just enough to trade in a Demo account as it will help you get along with the trading environment and at the same time help you test your strategy if it is working fine and generating profits for you.

important we understand all the functions of equipment located in the platform, nevertheless,

we still need a demo account to test multiple strategies must

I don't use demo account to practice. I tried to join using demo account but when I tried to trade I realize that I have thousands of virtual money and I realize that what I'm doing is not trading because I know earn or loss it does not make a difference simply because I'm using a virtual money. Then I found a forex broker that offers 5 dollars funds without investing a dime. So I join and use that five dollars to practice trading. Because I know if I earn. I can get the interest.

important we understand all the functions of equipment located in the platform, nevertheless,

we still need a demo account to test multiple strategies must

Demo account does help the newbies to get along with the trading conditions and the trading software provided by a broker. Demo accounts becomes almost a necessity for newbies to learn forex trading too as its risk free. Once a trader get used to the trading conditions and have tested their strategy, they can then upgrade to real accounts...