Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5, which one you choose?

myregister

I think that more than one versioning is not really effective for the company. I see that actually MT4 is similiar to MT5 except in MT5 you can trde in stock or even other niche not just currency or commodity such as gold or oil. This means overall MT5 is better but people already stick theirselves with MT4 and only few who want to change.

I don't know and never use mt5, so because i am comfortable use mt4 hence still giving vote for mt4, this already as enough and user friendly already, because also my broker use this platform and most broker also still use mt4 as platform trading for their client

@radex78 Well mt5 in fact is similiar to mt4, you won't have much problem to use it especially if that is just about use indicators and open or close the position. Metatrader 4 and metatrader 5 differences as far as i see is the language to create algorithm trading and you can trade stock or some indices with MT5.

@tray22: I think that is just because you are stick to mt4 longer than mt5, i've been use them both and find them have many similiarity with few button difference and of course the programming language which used. MT4 nd MT5 basically come from the same creator but it seems the creator forget that backward compability still playing important part in financial field.

@myregister, yes that is true because ultimately I have never use mt5 before so I give feedback and opinion to what I know and I have use before it is the best steps towards making more good success in the first and the right move

@myregister, yes that is true because ultimately I have never use mt5 before so I give feedback and opinion to what I know and I have use before it is the best steps towards making more good success in the first and the right move

You can try it by download it in your computer and try it in your free time, i am sure you must be have free time isn't it? MT5 isn't bad you may even notice that in most part it is similiar to MT4. I still use MT4 because the broker i am using right now is using MT4, and it seems that MT4 already meet other trader's need and that is enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I will never ever wish to go with Mt5, it’s arguably the worst ever trading platform, I will take Mt4 any day over it, but in recent times, I have my liking mostly towards cTrader platform, I found it to be really good especially to do with been created for ECN trading and helps a lot. Also, I find it useful with OctaFX broker since they too are a true ECN company with even winning award for it, so having cTrader platform with such trusted and reliable broker, it’s just priceless and I never ever have to worry much about slippage, re quote or any such issues, it keeps me in good shape and I am able to achieve good profits with ease.

@myregister, what is the real benefit of mt5 is it not the same thing as mt4? Am using mt4 and I think am doing well perfect with it so why do you have to swap from mt4 to mt5, this is the nice and the best thing to do

If you want to trade in Stock then MT5 is better beause it allows you without any configuration to do that, while in MT4 you only trade with commodity or forex. I'm perfectly fine with MT4 but as we know Metaquotes is not a silly corp and actually MT5 is the update for MT4, If only they did backwards compability earlier this kind of segregation won't happen.

Same here i don't see anything wrong with MT5 as is saidi before i just use it because of the circumstance which doesn't allow me to use it. MT4 is good, and MT5 is better. Or maybe you want to propose the other platform where you can trade without much hassle and very neat to use just like MT4 or MT5? I heard Ctrader is good enough.

Some broker already offer platform mt5 that mentioned has better feature, but I see still many trader use mt4 platform because this platform already user friendly, but maybe if as all broker must use mt5 and leaving mt4 hence as trader will only to obey rules, but I wish mt4 still will always apply as platform forever

This whole metatrader 4 against metatrader 5 thingy is actually opened much of my eyes but honestly i prefer metatrader 5 which is actually works slightly better and faster in my new laptop, but if you have older i do recommend mt4 since it saves your memory bandwith. I still use MT4 if not my broker which doesn't support MT5. If the broker suport MT5 i will choose it LOL

Maybe we also ever hear about ninjatrader but seems this platform rarely used from broker, I am also only ever hear about this platform but so far still never use it, as long as in my broker still use mt4 and this is will become my choice as trading platform, I think this platform included as complete platform already

Maybe we also ever hear about ninjatrader but seems this platform rarely used from broker, I am also only ever hear about this platform but so far still never use it, as long as in my broker still use mt4 and this is will become my choice as trading platform, I think this platform included as complete platform already

Well it seems there are other trading platform and so far this ninjatrader is not really popular platfr, but could be good for someone who prefer alternative platform when trade. MT4 or MT5 are different i prefer MT4 now but MT5 is the real update, if only metaquote doesn't make a mess in the early creation of MT5 by support backwards ability, overall MT5 > MT4.

I actually think MT4 and MT5 is pretty much the same and it's not good for much debate and as we know some people here also proposed the alternatives but to be honest i keep sticking with MT4 because of my broker, and i think with 64 bit support MT5 which made for successor of MT4 will perform better localy by consume less ram and CPU.