Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

MetaTrader 4 vs MetaTrader 5, which one you choose?

myregister

Like the thread said, it is clear that Metatrader is de facto platform for foreign exchange trading and guess what Metatrader has been using by brokers around the world regardles their type of account. But also as we know Metatrader has 2 version. The old and stable MT4 also quite new and has a bit bug MT5. By comparison i think MT4 is the best for overall scores but in few cases like loading time, MT5 is the best.

What do you think? Please feel free to discuss about this issue here.

• Downvote 5

Metatrader 4, even i want to use Metatrader 5 but Metatrader 4 already well-known and the best part that it supported by a lot of brokers, some brokers even made its tailor made for OSX version since Metatrader 4 doesn't support OSX officially. I think that is more than enough to tell how i prefer Metatrader 4 beside it is also more stable since it is older than Metatrader 5.

Well, that OSX tailor made is really surprising to me before i don't think much about it but after see that thing, it seems that MT4 is totally more popular than MT5. As you can see that is why a broker willing to make a version for OS X by modifying the metatrader so that traders do not need to use the virtual machine again. From this alone can be concluded that MT4 still more popular than MT5. We can't find MT5 for OSX, right?

That is the power of MT4 over MT5. I still think that MT4 is the best platform ever that many people use and even in 3-4 years people and also other broker will keep using it because as yous taid it is stable. Its stability and it just works feature which many financial industry like. Also it is more secure than MT5.

Mt5 platform is the worst I have seen, I believe it’s far better that we trade on solid platforms like Mt4; it has been my favorite ever since I started trading. At the moment, I use this and cTrader platform on separate account. I really love Mt4 as I said before, but cTrader is not far behind, as it is especially develop for ECN trading with no fear of manipulation or re-quotes, which of course is not my main concern anyway given that I work with OctaFX broker, it is a true ECN company, so I am very much satisfied with things there, but cTrader definitely makes things easier to do with extra touch of speed there to help us with performance.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst? Why it should be the worst? I mean it is quite stable well MT4 more stable but if you also interest in the newest one then MT5 is a good choice, some menus may change but overall you will feel that MT5 is actually just like MT4. Nothing much change except the programming language.

• 4 weeks later...

Worst because it cannot get more attention, and right now MQL5 is not the only language that support OOP, even MQL4 now support it. If that is not the worst people would move to MT5 which has MQL5 to create automated trading or analysis graphs indicators like MA or RSI. It also supported FIFO in default, means no hedging for default.

You said it, that is right MQL5 isn't the only one that support OOP now and it seems that business also doesn't want to move to the newest technology like MT5 because of its stability issues but it has been addressed, i see that in foreseeable future, MT4 still worthy for use and many of it still intact, as long as it still just works.

I tried MT5 sometimes back, but nowadays I only use MT4. I realised that MT4 has several advantages compared to MT5. If I am not using my Offline MT4, I use the Web-based MT4 from FreshForex. Its not only the easier to use, but I can use it on any Browser as long as I have my internet connection on!

I suggest adding 3rd option because that’s my choice. I am using cTrader platform at the moment and this is so much better than mt5, but of course is very much into level of Mt4 which I believe is the ultimate judgment point for any new platform, but I believe cTrader stands fairly even with this. I just say cTrader got edge in terms of having latest technology used and added options while simplicity is where Mt4 is bit better, but overall I like both equally. I use cTrader with OctaFX broker at the moment and I am really enjoying it since they even have same model for mobile platform, so I am able to use all this perfectly and helps me out massively.

• 2 weeks later...

@bonnie: LOL, yeah you can add it, but cTrader isn't as popular as Metatrader sisters. cTrader concept of STP based platform is a good thing but it won't make much change. I see it is basically similiar to those MT4 or MT5 few differences just from interface and also from the language to create robot. In cTrader programmer use C# if i don't make any mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

@aliforex MT4 indicators are more in terms of size rather than MT5. MT4 has more robots and more indicators than MT5 which gain less attention when it introduced some years ago. MT4 in this case still the winner by looking at how much indicators or robots in the market.

So far I am still use MT4 platform and never trying use mt5 platform, in my experience already convenient use MT4 and user friendly already which we can use many kids indicator and also list object and if prefer use ea also already supported, this platform stil become my favourite platform so far

You guys can try other platforms as cTrader, NinjaTrader, TradingStation or my broker hotforex also has another platform for certain traders. 

I am ever hear about this, but so far never trying these platform, ninjatrader, ctrrader, tradingstation, and also I am ever hear platform ptmc or protrader multi connect, if seen screnshot ptmc has good views, but so far I am still stick use metatrader platform which already use friendly

Honestly I don’t even feel like comparing Mt4 with Mt5, as Mt5 is just crappy and terrible, I think this can easily be label into the worst category as far platforms are concerned. Just to go with the choice, I select Mt4 day in and day out! Now if you bring me to overall choice, I might just give edge to cTrader platform, it’s the hottest property at present and got incredible upgraded system which really works well when it comes to analyzing while there are advance charting as well, so that further boost things and at present with OctaFX broker, it’s even better due to no slippage, re-quote or such stuff and that’s why I feel incredible comfortable with it.

Mt5 is better than before but still MT4 on the top if you compare the current MT4 and MT5. MT5 has something that MT4 doesn't in few parts, while MT4 has something that MT5 doesn't have in most parts. Like availability of indicators and robot, also support for object oriented programming language.

If MT4 is enough to trade, why do we need other platforms? I tried cTrader one time, its more visual and attractive but basically MT4 is quite enough to trade.

Yes enought for me, so far I am never trynig another platform after use metatrader 4, althogh there are mt5 Ctrader, ninjatrader etc, but still use mt4 in my trades because already support use robot and also we can use custom indicator

MT4 is enough for me, it is pretty stable not to mention that there are a lot of indicators for people who love technical analysis or a lot of robots for someone who love automatic trading. MT5 in the other hand is pretty nice but it seems too late right now, MT4 has 99% of what MT5 has. Other platform that attract mine is actually JForex, before it was Ctrader.

• 1 month later...

Yes it is much more stable than MT5 but MT5 is getting better. However most of the brokers still use MT4 as their platform which maybe because MT4 just works and basically MT4 is having less bug. A note for remainder MT5 is more thn 5 years old already and stil not as wide as MT4.

Be it mt4 or mt5 all are good its all depend on the trader choice this is the best step which we need to take I think any good trader must always try hard and chose the plartform that is good for him me likely I take mt4 as it is always good for use