Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

All About Stop Loss Hunting.

myregister

I created this thread because i feel it is good if we discuss about this stop loss hunting since for many years this issue attract attention from traders over the world, why? This is an illegal activity which some broker did, they purposely modify the price so it would move step by step to a trader Stop Loss. It is happening mostly in Dealing Desk Broker.

By the way, have you ever loss in forex because of this ? If yes, please share your experience and let us discuss about this once more.

• Downvote 10

Stop Loss hunting is a good issue to discuss and  think many brokers out there apply this way to their clients, mostly or almost all of them are dealing desk broker who want to see their clients loss more than earn more because they are in the position against their clients itself.

Yes, dealing desk broker is the broker who did something like this many times to their clients. Of course, if their clients lose they will earn better. Also there are a lot of accusation to many brokers but it seems only few can proof that a broker did, and if something like this happened, it is better to ask your regulator first.

• 4 weeks later...

As far as i know someone never clearly proof about this issue, usually they just make accusation with not so strong evidence to backup thier statement and what goes wrong usually a broker's representative always putting this issue aside and don't want to comment on it, but in few years back this issue was hot thing.

But they have proof, i mean at least some screenshots and also this is still an issue that many people talk, some people even accuse that stop loss hunting is very easy to be done with metatrader if a broker want. Afterall, the issue of stop loss hunting usually happen in a broker that use MetaTrader.

Stop loss hunting is one of the ways for bucketshop or dealing desk broker to be always or stay in profit. Some of them have different way. If you are in profit and want to reach your target they simply play with spread and increase the spread all they wan even more than 10 pips if possible, usually broker do it quietly

• 2 weeks later...

That i why someone should be careful when they trade with a broker which apply something like that and to be honest his ind of way is nasty i wonder why one broker want to do something like this, because it is a great loss for them since many traders will be out from their service which means less trader and trading.

• 1 year later...

Another issue which some people claim they had. This problem happened not just in dealing desk but also in non-dealing desk broker too. To be honest, when broker practicing something like this, it is a great signal that the broker doesn't have any good intention to offer brokerage service to traders, be aware of them.

Another issue which some people claim they had. This problem happened not just in dealing desk but also in non-dealing desk broker too. To be honest, when broker practicing something like this, it is a great signal that the broker doesn't have any good intention to offer brokerage service to traders, be aware of them.

Just leave that kind of broker. If the broker which I am using right now is playing some kind of trick like this one I will leave it for sure. Basically, stop loss hunting is pretty much illegal activity towards honest traders out there.

Just leave that kind of broker. If the broker which I am using right now is playing some kind of trick like this one I will leave it for sure. Basically, stop loss hunting is pretty much illegal activity towards honest traders out there.

Stop Loss hunting is surely an illegal activity did by a broker, moreover regulation is playing such an important thing here. Stop Loss hunting rarely happened or near zero accident in a broker which has strong, strict, and harsh regulator. Mainly bucket shop broker which do something like this because if we win that would be the loss for them.

Stop Loss hunting is surely an illegal activity did by a broker, moreover regulation is playing such an important thing here. Stop Loss hunting rarely happened or near zero accident in a broker which has strong, strict, and harsh regulator. Mainly bucket shop broker which do something like this because if we win that would be the loss for them.

Stop hunting is not as obvious as it was in the old days but it does exist. Even if you have a trustworthy broker, nothing can't be done about stop hunting. I don't want big profits and therefore the trailing stop after some small profit is OK for me.

A trustworthy broker will think twice when they want to do that, the risk is big and if a trader finds out they can file a complaint to the regulator which usually brought this case to the public. So that trustworthy broker will lose prestige and some money to cover the loss.

• 1 month later...

Yes mostly happened in the bucket-shop broker. In STP and ECN you will rarely see the thing happened. Many new traders usually complain about this one but the issue lies in the broker and there is some kind of misinformation that all broker do the same thing which i think is not.

Yes mostly happened in the bucket-shop broker. In STP and ECN you will rarely see the thing happened. Many new traders usually complain about this one but the issue lies in the broker and there is some kind of misinformation that all broker do the same thing which i think is not.

Of course, bucket-shop made for a scam purpose. Stop Loss hunting is not ethical and also legal in most countries. Stop Loss is a pretty great feature but in this case, it is misused nowadays and from the broker like this one. In future, it will be better to be careful because many brokers may do it quietly.

Of course, bucket-shop made for a scam purpose. Stop Loss hunting is not ethical and also legal in most countries. Stop Loss is a pretty great feature but in this case, it is misused nowadays and from the broker like this one. In future, it will be better to be careful because many brokers may do it quietly.

Because it is a scam purpose one we should be careful with that kind of broker. I wonder why we should be afraid of SL hunting on a reputable broker. If the broker we choose already show a signal that it will be like that, I would recommend to switch it. SL hunting is very bad practice from broker's side. If have  a strong regulator you'd better ask the regulator.

stop loss is more important role to run a good trading, because we run the trading must be able to risk we can target or also manage well. FXB Trading offers an application that allows traders to speculate in the market. They can enjoy the necessary flexibility along with tools that give them a daily view so that they can transact successfully in the CFD market.

• 2 months later...

Because it is a scam purpose one we should be careful with that kind of broker. I wonder why we should be afraid of SL hunting on a reputable broker. If the broker we choose already show a signal that it will be like that, I would recommend to switch it. SL hunting is very bad practice from broker's side. If have  a strong regulator you'd better ask the regulator.

You mean not switch it, right? But to switch from that broker. Also when reputable broker do something like that there are bigger chance they will lose their place and done. Especially broker which have regulation from strict regulators.

You mean not switch it, right? But to switch from that broker. Also when reputable broker do something like that there are bigger chance they will lose their place and done. Especially broker which have regulation from strict regulators.

Not switch? My message is clear as crystal, switch or change or whatever you want to say about it. Switch to a better broker that has good reputation and don't want to take your money instead would be so much happy if you can make profit because it means their profit in long term too, and of course without this stop loss hunting bullshit.

Not switch? My message is clear as crystal, switch or change or whatever you want to say about it. Switch to a better broker that has good reputation and don't want to take your money instead would be so much happy if you can make profit because it means their profit in long term too, and of course without this stop loss hunting bullshit.

so we need brokers who can help and provide convenience to the trader, of course I recommend FXB Trading broker because this will be able to help us in trading activities, because it is with the CFD market that can help us more secure

stop loss is more important role to run a good trading, because we run the trading must be able to risk we can target or also manage well. FXB Trading offers an application that allows traders to speculate in the market. They can enjoy the necessary flexibility along with tools that give them a daily view so that they can transact successfully in the CFD market.

This is stop loss hunting, a practice which comes from almost any dealing desk broker especially bucketshop. Stop Loss hunting is pretty bad practice where your SL is their target. They want you to lose money by targetting your SL as good as gold. Many traders despise this kind of practice in a broker.

This is stop loss hunting, a practice which comes from almost any dealing desk broker especially bucketshop. Stop Loss hunting is pretty bad practice where your SL is their target. They want you to lose money by targetting your SL as good as gold. Many traders despise this kind of practice in a broker.

with we continue to learn to apply the SL and TP well it will provide ease and also good control, it will provide a very profitable so that what traders must be disciplined and well studied

Well as you mentioned this happens on dealing desk brokers. Also faced such kind of situation where price hit my stop loss and came back. When I knew about stop hunting, then I checked whether I was a victim of it or not. But fortunately I was not a victim of it.

It is actually quite hard by using your example to know if you are the victim of stop loss hunting or not, but it would be good to have more than one broker's account and compare the price, SL hunting happening and there is some kind of anomaly with the price. For example: one broker's price quote is rising but that scam broker's quote is falling and touch your SL before start to back at certain position.

It is actually quite hard by using your example to know if you are the victim of stop loss hunting or not, but it would be good to have more than one broker's account and compare the price, SL hunting happening and there is some kind of anomaly with the price. For example: one broker's price quote is rising but that scam broker's quote is falling and touch your SL before start to back at certain position.

our activity in forex is very important especially our craft in learning it, a trader must really be able to learn and also understand every way of work in order to master the management and control, because it can test our ability when entered real account, so understand correctly all the amenities

I am not denying it does not happen. I said it didn't happen to me on my trades. I have seen numerous examples about false spike to hit stop loss and then showed on other platforms that the price did not actually move that way and did stop hunting. Big boys do many things to stay on the profitable side, all blames should not go to brokers. In case of dealing desks I can say it's their fault.