Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Do You Use Trailing Stop?

myregister

It is just like SL @novarisa but it is dynamic and is not static just like SL. Trailing Stop as its name suggest will check your current position and if you get profit it will start to synchronize your profit with the Trailing Stop you've been set if that is much and there is enough volume there then Trailing stop will move.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trailing stop is dynamic stop loss where it will move depending on the price movement, so the more profit you get the more Trailing Stop will take its position. It is important especially if you prefer to take a long term approach to your trading. It will able to lower the loss and yes i still use trailing stop for 200 pipettes.

That is why i am still using it until now but i only applied it after i set my TP and SL, usually around 1-3 minutes after. Trailing Stop is a great feature like SL and TP for manage the risk and cut the profit automatically, it will shine for long term trading so they don't have to suffer many losses instead still able to get few profits from the strategy.

digging the trading experience is very necessary, we must be able to learn from mistakes, evaluation in order to become more smoothly for trading, and make sure the search for the easy way to think that the trading is not too complicated. Learn to trade forex with a UK demo account. Practise forex trading risk-free and test your trading strategies under real market conditions.

for me of course is very helpful at all locking profits gained when using trailing stops, of which the most important is profit regardless of the value that it brings

You can lock the profit as long as the profit is in the reasonable range if you ever use trailing stop you must know that we must input pips amount we want as the locking point. If you set 20 pips then if your position is +25 pips then Trailing Stop will activate, so when for example the price fell down to +20 pips the position is automatically closed.

This locking feature is pretty good feature for me, Trailing Stop is one of the way for trader to lower the risk because of their greediness, sometimes for trader who utilizes take profit will use this case as the backup since the market is not really certain in some cases then use trailing stop will help us and it is proven to me in many cases.

This locking feature is pretty good feature for me, Trailing Stop is one of the way for trader to lower the risk because of their greediness, sometimes for trader who utilizes take profit will use this case as the backup since the market is not really certain in some cases then use trailing stop will help us and it is proven to me in many cases.

I use it for the sake if I was late to ride on the trend and the price starts to make significant rebound, then i would save some of the profit and cutting the loss later. This is like moving our SL line to the positive area after the price gain more pips. I usually take 200 pips(on 5 digits broker) for trailing stops point.

For SL and TP placements I think the reference is money management that we use. With money management we can calculate more carefully the size of our transactions, limitations of loss and targets we want to achieve

SL is good feature but Trailing Stop is basically SL which move depend on the condition on the market, you get more pips it will rise step by step. I use trailing stop as the buffer zone between TP and SL, once i get more pips and if there is around 20 pips difference between my opening position and current position, it will move.

I try trail my stops till I can take them to breakeven or a at a few positive pips. After that I usually don't do trailing. And if I want to hold a trade then depending on situation I partially close a position.

Trailing stop as the part of foreign exchange risk management so i think we should actively applied that thing into our risk management system. The effectiveness of this feature has been proven, but i don't recommend it for trader who can't accept small pips profit. If you still appreciate profit no matter how small it is, then you can use Trailing Stops.

Trailing stop as the part of foreign exchange risk management so i think we should actively applied that thing into our risk management system. The effectiveness of this feature has been proven, but i don't recommend it for trader who can't accept small pips profit. If you still appreciate profit no matter how small it is, then you can use Trailing Stops.

Well my method is different from yours I guess. It is not necessary to trail stops. Not all traders do it. Everyone has their own way of trading. For me if I can secure my trade from loss then it is a good trade from me even if I don’t get profit.

Well my method is different from yours I guess. It is not necessary to trail stops. Not all traders do it. Everyone has their own way of trading. For me if I can secure my trade from loss then it is a good trade from me even if I don’t get profit.

That is just as my second "life guard". For example if i obtain 40 pips but my target 60 pips which means the position still floating, if the price went against the trend, then with 20 pips trailing stops, the system will automatically close the position later on 20 pips when it touch the position.

I try trail my stops till I can take them to breakeven or a at a few positive pips. After that I usually don't do trailing. And if I want to hold a trade then depending on situation I partially close a position.

Trailing stop is a good feature for all traders, in fact it helps traders to hold the profit. Basically a moving stop loss and if the market is quite zig zag this is good to secure the profit as fast as possible, but in the end this is all depend on how much pips you want to put in the list.

It's nice to see you value the small amount you can get instead of getting loss. Well it is not necessary for everyone to use trailing stop. Different traders have different styles. Some prefer not to use trailing stop at all.

Secure trading orders that have profit should be quickly secured with lock it via piptrailing stop every few, so that in case of the price movement that approaches the order then the profit will remain owned

Want to secure your profit? Well you can use stop loss and also trailing stop is a good idea. Imagine this scenario where your profit is at 500 pips but your TP is at 700 pips. If you set trailing stop for 200 pips, your SL move towards 300 pips securing the profit. This is a breeze and it is automatically happened without your intervention at all.