Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Do You Use Trailing Stop?

myregister

Trailing stop loss order works like a traditional stop, but has the ability to move to a better price as the price getting better and better. I think this is one of the most overlooked feature that offers by trading platform such as MetaTrader or JForex. So what do you think guys? Please share your thought and let us discuss further about this Trailing Stop.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it as my second approach of risk management. Usually around 15-20 pips and it is really helpful especially if you want to grab optimized profit, in this case someone already reached the height but suddenly the price turned back on him and thanks to trailing stop they still get some nice profit. I've been on that place for few months before.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always use it in this case something bad will happen to or when the position i opened favour me for a while but later it will make a total reverse then i will be able to secure my profit, just imagine with 200 pips of traling stop i could save 200 points, especially when it already reach 400 pips but the price suddenly reverse.

Usually in my trades only use fixed stop loss and rarely use trailing stop, but sometime if my order already in floating profit, usually I will mlodify stop loss at least +1, so if eventually trend move rebound and hit stop loss still get 1 pips and if the trend continue hence will getting maximum profit and will cut profit manually

Usually in my trades only use fixed stop loss and rarely use trailing stop, but sometime if my order already in floating profit, usually I will mlodify stop loss at least +1, so if eventually trend move rebound and hit stop loss still get 1 pips and if the trend continue hence will getting maximum profit and will cut profit manually

That is actually how trailing stops work, i mean it is just SL which moved after your pips reached your desirable amount you want. But this one is automatically, so for ex: you want 100 pips TS and then your position is +200 pips which means your SL will move to +100 pips.

• 2 weeks later...

That is actually how trailing stops work, i mean it is just SL which moved after your pips reached your desirable amount you want. But this one is automatically, so for ex: you want 100 pips TS and then your position is +200 pips which means your SL will move to +100 pips.

Well it is true but not always like that because there are sometimes that Trailing Stop won't even move, especially if the price is moving against your prediction, also TS will see the liquidity on the market if the liquidity is big it will move, but if not it usually doesn't move because there aren't enough order.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it is true but not always like that because there are sometimes that Trailing Stop won't even move, especially if the price is moving against your prediction, also TS will see the liquidity on the market if the liquidity is big it will move, but if not it usually doesn't move because there aren't enough order.

It will always lock your account. It's pretty good if you use it on high liquidity prices and you put the right position that causes the locking on the better position.

It will always lock your account. It's pretty good if you use it on high liquidity prices and you put the right position that causes the locking on the better position.

Not lock the account, but it act as your SL movers, for example you get 40 pips but your position still rise and you worry that the price may turn back so you put TS to 20 pips, so SL will automatically move to 20 pips after you reached 40 pips positive floating points and as long as there is liquidity there.

In my trade rarely using trailing stop, usually only put fixed stop loss and then if already floating profit hence will modify stop loss, and trailing stop also good but if look on volatile market that often move up and down sometime trailing stop not work maximum because will pften hit by movement of price

• 1 month later...

Ah,i got your point that is true especially during volatile hours or the market is moving zig and zag, trailing stop won't be so much useful the worst it may give us a very small amount of profit only or even worse small loss. I use it because most of my trading is near news time even i know it is volatile but it rarely execute because i open position only when the market is a bit calm.

Ah,i got your point that is true especially during volatile hours or the market is moving zig and zag, trailing stop won't be so much useful the worst it may give us a very small amount of profit only or even worse small loss. I use it because most of my trading is near news time even i know it is volatile but it rarely execute because i open position only when the market is a bit calm.

It depends on how you manage the risks when the news takes place. Some people using smaller lot and bigger balance/margin to manage the risk. At first it might be goes to negative, but if the price goes zig and zag, you can expect a bounce and goes positive.

If you expect for the price to do zig and zag then it may fall too remember this is forex everything could happen something normal to abnormal. Trailing stops is very useful tools but as myregister said it is not much useful or i think the correct way to say it is optimized. With zig zag it may touch TS sooner.

This is very good as the trailing stop adjust itself to a better position this is what make it different with the forex real stoploss yes that is just the right key for all.

Forex is good but never stop securing your trade to get the best out of it

Traling stop is very useful tool, i know this is common knowledge but let me say you it helps me to optimized my profit and in certain cases such as when the market follow the trend and suddenly moving back. No matter what i still use trailing stop because this is useful to me and as i said before the chance of me losing is lower especially after grab some profits.

Well, i think that is true but trailing stops actually more useful if the market is not in your favour. Confused? Well imagine if the market is moving according to your favour but suddenly the price start to move against your prediction. If you use strict Traling Stop then you can maximize your profits.

One of a kind now I cant trade forex without stoploss to be sincere so the problem here is that sometime the market trick me to go the way I predicted and I have to allow the stoploss set point to be adjusted which sometime the market take positive turn

Take profit and stoploss are the two important thing which we need to trade with because when you are using this two things your trade get well protected and your chance for you to win increase in a bit of an eye.

This things are all there to keep our account well secured and in the right format at the right way

Take profit and stoploss are the two important thing which we need to trade with because when you are using this two things your trade get well protected and your chance for you to win increase in a bit of an eye.

This things are all there to keep our account well secured and in the right format at the right way

that are good tools to manage the risks of your trading position since they're likely to stop the order when the price is moving to the certain level.