Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Scalping profitable?

Upul Tharanga

Scalping on the other hand could be profitable. I see this strategy depend on small profit which easier to reach, once someone reach it then they will close it faster than ever. With this they don't have to hope for the price rise up to the higher place and secure their profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do scalping will not give u a big profit but u will got small risk, although with a small profit just make sure u can do it again and again as constant as u can and u will get a good experience, and even with a small profit if u can make it constant i think u will get big enough profit.

do scalping will not give u a big profit but u will got small risk, although with a small profit just make sure u can do it again and again as constant as u can and u will get a good experience, and even with a small profit if u can make it constant i think u will get big enough profit.

Small profit and small risk this is a common sense, the key of scalping is trade during calmer time, usually they tend to avoid high volatility of high impact news. One thing that i see about scalping and based on my experience is that you must open more than one position, before i opened up to 10 positions in one day only with 10 pips target per position.

if it work for u then i think its good for u, u can maximize ur 10 position to make more profit. i just opened 1 position every time i do forex trading, because i just have a few capital, but if im already have a big enough capital, i think i will try to open more then 1 position.

You do scalping with one position? That is such a miracle if you can keep your tab for one month just from one position per day for example? According to me around 10 positions like what myregister did actually a good amount just imagine you just got half profit, it still a nice income. 

See, I believe every technique available in Forex is profitable, but now there is a way to things, if we simple start up out of blue then we will struggle, but if we do it with proper strategy then it will work. I do scalping only, I won’t say it works perfectly, but with good planning, I am able to get decent results especially with Nova FX, as it’s a really brilliant company having stable conditions with 1.5 pips spread plus smooth trading platform, it is very useful.

As long as you can put it in the right time and the right place if you simply failed to do that even the best strategy ever won't give you profit. It is also a big loss for you. Scalping inherently risky business, what you need to get is right timing. Even with 10 positions just in one day would be possible.

i just think about scalping can help me to make some profit again and again as constant as i can, although many trader said that profit is not big enough, but for me as long as i can make it constant i can improve my skill for any time i do forex trading, so ill keep do it till i think im getting better and ill rise my profit in other time.

It is true but make sure that you open more than one position so your earning in that day would be enough or at least decent. If you only open one position for sure your profit would be low. Anyway, there is other type of scalpers that also prefer quality and usually targetting higher pips but still the fundamental doesn't change it usually closed less than some minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Scalping is really profitable only if someone can do it in the right way not from the bad perspective. But to be able to master scalping then a trader need to experiencing scalping and of course the best place is demo account but the real pressure is different than trade directly in real account.

LOL short and clear, right? Well, basically not just scalping but also other trading techniques, as long as one can apply other technique or strategy well then that technique will be a technique which more profitable for the person. As long as someone want to make it true then that is not a big issue.

• 1 year later...

Agreed there with sidejob, I too believe that right execution is the key regardless of which technique any individual is using. I love doing scalping, but I also do long term trading. We need to balance it out for long term success. I find it easier through OctaFX broker with whom, I get plenty of help and support to do with low spreads, fast execution, rebate program and even having 24/5 support active, so all this is very helpful to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed there with sidejob, I too believe that right execution is the key regardless of which technique any individual is using. I love doing scalping, but I also do long term trading. We need to balance it out for long term success. I find it easier through OctaFX broker with whom, I get plenty of help and support to do with low spreads, fast execution, rebate program and even having 24/5 support active, so all this is very helpful to work with.

As long as you have far great internet connection with low pings, that shouldn't be a big problem. Scalping only requires around 5-10 pips per transaction, imagine they do 10 times trading and make profit with the whole trading? That would be quite big amount. Usually scalpers use more than currency and in very small interval.

• 2 weeks later...

Closing a position or Opening a position are crucial for foreign exchange traders. Scalping in this case really need a fast one not just accurate but fast one that could grab even the smallest pips movement. Scalping would be much more profitable if trader know when to open and close and have good and fast internet connection with lower latency to made it in action.

LOL short and clear, right? Well, basically not just scalping but also other trading techniques, as long as one can apply other technique or strategy well then that technique will be a technique which more profitable for the person. As long as someone want to make it true then that is not a big issue.

It is profitable but the bigger problem here is how to manage the risk with scalping and the profit is also small, but with one advantage that you need only small loss range. Some scalpers even set bigger loss range for the sake of the price may return to the previous place.

It is profitable but the bigger problem here is how to manage the risk with scalping and the profit is also small, but with one advantage that you need only small loss range. Some scalpers even set bigger loss range for the sake of the price may return to the previous place.

Well it is pretty simple, just aim the reasonable loss range isn'it? Also when you trade make sure that the market is calmer, very volatile market is not really suitable for scalping which only aim for small profit but with more than one position opened in one day trading. This concept which makes scalping pretty unique.

• 2 weeks later...

Scalping is not that profitable if you don't know how to deal with it or you simply think that is not suitable strategy for you. For me, it is tiring strategy but worthy for some traders. I see from other's perspective that is actually profitable with more proof that people able to obtain nice amount of money. But once again that is all depend on the trader.

Focusing on patience? Nope, it is okay to do that but I think the best thing to focus for now is a risk management. Focus in here means that you trying to find the best time to open a position and then closed it later or set the right SL to prevent bigger loss. As for scalping, i think that If your strategy is good enough you can lower the risk while still making the profit.

Scalping is indeed a profitable strategy, the matter here is that you need to use it at the right time which means is a good timing. The thing is no matter what kind of strategy to use, with a good timing you can make a profitable trading. Scalping needs a constant monitoring so if you can do that without much trouble, it's a good thing for you.

Scalping is indeed a profitable strategy, the matter here is that you need to use it at the right time which means is a good timing. The thing is no matter what kind of strategy to use, with a good timing you can make a profitable trading. Scalping needs a constant monitoring so if you can do that without much trouble, it's a good thing for you.

Scalping is no doubt very profitable yet it is quite riskier for the new traders so they better choose trading on longer time frames and move to scalping when they get good hands on trading because scalping is only possible during high volatile market and those with low experience can blow up their accounts easily.

Scalping is no doubt very profitable yet it is quite riskier for the new traders so they better choose trading on longer time frames and move to scalping when they get good hands on trading because scalping is only possible during high volatile market and those with low experience can blow up their accounts easily.

It is all depend on preference because all traders have their own view of a good strategy including scalping itself. There is a key for scalping where trader should trade only at the right time, and must execute the position as fast as they can. As long as you can do that it will be profitable for you.