Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Scalping profitable?

Upul Tharanga

I would like to know whether scalping is profitable or not? I believe that it’s highly profitable adventure, but comes with bundle of risk which we need to handle well in order to succeed.  I am fairly strong to handle it because of year’s practice with great broker like Nova FX, it’s a wonderful company that has helped me massive whether it’s with their demo account of free bonuses in which they offer us up to 200 dollars, so it’s just too good for anyone!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scalping is not profitable, Tell me what makes scalping profitable? Small profit? Or hundred of open positions? To be honest Scalping is too risky for traders, i ever did this once or twice if i don't make any mistakes and guess what 40% resulted in loss, while i only get around 300 pips with 100 open positions. Basically some people said its risk reward ratio is not balanced.

Scalping is profitable to those of them who can understand it and those who know how to earn from it. It is not a place where you can simply come and start earning from but for the trader who is ever willing to deliver or who is there to understand what Forex itself even presents.

Scalping is not profitable, Tell me what makes scalping profitable? Small profit? Or hundred of open positions? To be honest Scalping is too risky for traders, i ever did this once or twice if i don't make any mistakes and guess what 40% resulted in loss, while i only get around 300 pips with 100 open positions. Basically some people said its risk reward ratio is not balanced.

It will may be depend on you or depend on the market at that day. If out of your 100 position, you lost 40 and made 60 in a day or maybe a counting of hours, you may not see it as profitable but it is because it is not everyone who will find that easy. The main aim of scalpers is not to start earning huge profit like the way long term traders do but the dream is is to earn in bits.

I don't know if scalping is really profitable because according to my own view, scalping has bad risk reward ratio. Scalping is really good for some but i see that 1:2 risk reward ratio isn't very rewarding and also i must monitoring my position for more than 4 hours without doing anything is tiring activity.

Those who are also into scalping may be making money from it because I doubt if they will want to stay there when there is actually nothing coming from it. Scalping is profitable a business and it gives a trader the chance to earn in even a little time.

All kind of strategy still 50/50 we cannot deny the fact that aside from scalping like long term strategy(turtle) or mid term like swing does not bring higher chance of success. Back to scalping , i doubt it will give much profit in relatively shorter time, but from my point of view scalping is just one from the other technique that is ready to use.

Scalping is profitable. Scalping will make you profit provided that you are the type that will understand the way to handle it and for you to be able to make it what you can earn from. Being a scalper will never mean that you are instantly going to make fast profit unless you want to run into risks of losing or run into the risks of not making it well. Forex means that you have to do it in a way that you know will please you.

Scalping is profitable. Scalping will make you profit provided that you are the type that will understand the way to handle it and for you to be able to make it what you can earn from. Being a scalper will never mean that you are instantly going to make fast profit unless you want to run into risks of losing or run into the risks of not making it well. Forex means that you have to do it in a way that you know will please you.

Any form of trading is always profitable as it depends on knowledge. There are a thousand and one ways to trade as the most important thing only comes from the fact that the trader wants to get serious with what he is doing and as well enjoys doing that which pleases him. That is the only way to get the best from the market.

Low spread is good for the trader who want to do scalping technic. I like trading with ECN/STP account in Tickmill. ECN/STP model provides clients with direct access to the other Forex market participants (retail and institutional). Broker do not compete with  clients or even trade against them. This grants clients more advantages over dealing desk market makers.

Low spread is good for the trader who want to do scalping technic. I like trading with ECN/STP account in Tickmill. ECN/STP model provides clients with direct access to the other Forex market participants (retail and institutional). Broker do not compete with  clients or even trade against them. This grants clients more advantages over dealing desk market makers.

Yea because when there is a wide spread, it makes the scalper spend a lot of pips trying to pay for it. As a matter of fact, those who want to trade in Forex as scalpers should first look at their ability to understand what kinda spread the broker offers as the first point.

If a trader wants to scalp, he or she should learn how to trade and also learn how to manage himself or herself in other not to fall prey of just failing in it. The trader that knows he or she is interested in Scalping will really think about something and that thing is the fact that he or she should know how well to scalp and how well to make things work out well for him or her in other to get the best from the market.

How to spot the right trend is also good with that we can minimize the risk, and of course doubling our profit. Scalping is not really profitable or profitable is depend on traders to spot that trend. Scalping is just another technique that people can use aside from swing.

Before any scalper places their first trade it is important to identify the markets current technical condition. Every day will bring a new price action, and it is important that we are using the appropriate trading strategy to meet the day’s challenges. Identifying a trading range is the first market condition we will review. A range occurs when price is moving virtually sideways which can also be associated with channel trading. Even though the market doesn’t have a clear direction, it can still provide opportunities for diligent scalpers once one is identified.

I think scalping is allowed in all brokers with each having its own policy. I see there are brokers that allow scalping with specific time requirements and brokers that allow scalping only on certain types of accounts. Now I get the freedom to do scalping in the Tickmill. I can do scalping with no time limit and trading conditions are very conducive to doing scalping with a fast server without requotes and low spreads

Before any scalper places their first trade it is important to identify the markets current technical condition. Every day will bring a new price action, and it is important that we are using the appropriate trading strategy to meet the day’s challenges. Identifying a trading range is the first market condition we will review. A range occurs when price is moving virtually sideways which can also be associated with channel trading. Even though the market doesn’t have a clear direction, it can still provide opportunities for diligent scalpers once one is identified.

I think scalping is allowed in all brokers with each having its own policy. I see there are brokers that allow scalping with specific time requirements and brokers that allow scalping only on certain types of accounts. Now I get the freedom to do scalping in the Tickmill. I can do scalping with no time limit and trading conditions are very conducive to doing scalping with a fast server without requotes and low spreads

You are just about right. To trade is one thing and yet another thing is to understand your trades. It is more than necessary to make things work out well for you in the type of trader you want to be. I am not also against the fact that the trader needs to try out how good the server of whatever the broker he wants to trade with and know if it is something he can cope with.

As i said before scalping is profitable and isn't profitable. If we ask to professional scalpers then it is profitable but for someone who are not getting used with it or someone who are newbie then it is not profitable plus tiring thing to do. Overall it is only based on each other trader's view.

• 1 month later...

Yes depend on the traders who trade, but scalping on its nature is very risky because of shorter time frame you must accomplished, can you make profit in less than 5 or 10 minutes? This is a risky movement and there are possibility you might ended up losing too.

• 2 months later...

Every way is profitable in Forex, it’s just about the person handling it well enough, as that is what will gain us good ground. I trade with Nova FX broker where I get plenty of support to do scalping with their stable spread of 1.5 pips, high leverage up to 1:1000 while they have offer like Risk Free Trade, it’s ideal way to begin with no risk at least on first three trades or up to 500 dollars, so perfect for scalpers like me.

Stable spread? Be careful that is pretty dangerous, the spread will always fluctuate since the price also fluctuate so do the volume of each trading. I think 0.xx up to 2.xx still is good spread for scalpers, and make sure that your internet connection is good since scalper need fast open and close.

Talking about scalping again we need to know what makes it so attractive, first it promises big profit in relatively shorter time, next it only need few simple steps, and last one is it only takes few or even some minutes to be done. Profitable or not it is all depend to a trader not to technique itself, since i see many people lost with scalping but still there are some who made profit with scalping.

It doesn't promise big profit it promise small profit in relatively quicker time compared to long term trade where you need to wait around few days or even up to few years. Scalping is someone who make small profit per position but in bigger quantity, so for example: 5 pips in 20 time trading, rather than for example 100 pips in 1 weeks.

In the end it is big profit, 5 pips in 2-5 minutes trading and then you must do it 20 times consecutively which takes at most 25 minutes and you already get 100 pips during that time? That is big profit and in relatively shorter time, who doesn't want to make that much profit? For me of course yes, but i do realize this way is really hard for me so after trial and error i changed to fundamental analysis strategy.

Yes, it would be better if you use scalping in the right time since it would be profitable to you, 5 pips seems achievable rather than 10 pips or 20 pips. Some quality scalpers prefer higher pips target rather than smaller pips because they want achieve their target with small trading.

scalpers must trade with innovative, competent, and technologically alert brokers only, who possess the expertise and the technical capability to handle the large volume of orders arising from scalping activity. A no-dealing desk broker is almost a must for a scalper. Since trades are mostly automated in the system of a no-dealing desk(NDD) broker, there is little risk of external tampering as the system is left to sort out client orders on its own (still profitable of course).

• 3 weeks later...

Yes a profitable way just like some people here recommend to a trader to use long term trading. Scalping on the right hand would bring much greater profit than those who cannot see scalping potential. Well it maybe like story to earn with scalp but that is happening, but never expect big bucks with just one position usually we more than one position to make sure we call it a day.