Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

MQL 5 autotrading??

boltushkin

• 7 months later...

MQL5 is actually based on Object Oriented Programming not like MT4 which is not. Even it is just the same i mean in the final product but the core is different, if you are into programming that convert MQL4 converted to MQL5 is hard and even some vendors doesn't want to do it.

Yes, i got that thing MQL5 is the language based on object oriented for Expert Advisor that created to be more robust and giving more sense of flexibility compared to MQL4. As the result of this new feature, you cannot do an upgrade and MQL5 does not suppoting backwards capability, so in order to convert your MQL4 EA to MQL5 EA you need to do it from scratch.

Yes, i got that thing MQL5 is the language based on object oriented for Expert Advisor that created to be more robust and giving more sense of flexibility compared to MQL4. As the result of this new feature, you cannot do an upgrade and MQL5 does not suppoting backwards capability, so in order to convert your MQL4 EA to MQL5 EA you need to do it from scratch.

They are based on entirely different languages and it will be very difficult for one to migrate to the later version from the older MQL4 because they have different languages, configuration and mode of operation and that is the more reason why it shouldn't be seen as one. It is better to program your EA based on the platform you intend using.

@decub: That is the risk of adopting the new language like this one. As long as they can ear with it then that is not such a big deal migrate maybe is nothing for them or at least give few impact. For coders i think it would be painful, as coders myself convert one to the other will consume much of my time, i do wonder why MetaQuotes does not support backward compability

True, this is why we see a long long way for this adaptation and this is why MT4 still the most popular electronic trading platform compared to its sister platform which is MT5. MT5 supports MQL5 while MT4 supports MQL4. I hope MetaQuotes should learn about this and in future when MT6 is launched it could offers better migration or at least backward solution.

• 2 months later...

I heard some problems like that, but i think that is solved step by step. Other than that i think it is not the problem of MetaQuote but from brokers who offers their services that still prefer MT4 over MT5 which makes MQL5 less adopted. Overall, MQL5 offers more flexibility and more powerful compared to MQL4.

• 4 weeks later...

@billian: Well PAMM and  MQL5 are different, MQL doesn't have any correlation with PAMM. As you can see MQL 5 is a language, you want to invest in language? I don't think you can, but PAMM is okay since that is form of investment in forex. So it means that you can invest there not in MQL 5.

@myregister: MQL 5 has better power if we want to compare it with MT4, and you are right in this case, but i think not all people can learn object oriented programming and it takes more time to learn about it. MQL 5 may be powerful but to use that power a programmer need to master it first.

That is what we called as the challenge since it is so powerful  and i think there is a sacrifice for that thing like learning curve for sure. MQL5 without doubt is one of the most powerful langauge, it can make an object make it more easier yet  modular if you create your own robot. Just learned it extensively at most for one year i think you can make a better robot.

Please tell me between MQL5 and PAMM, which one should I choose to invest?

MQL5 and PAMM? Maybe you are dreaming buddy? MQL5 and PAMM are different things to talk, MQL is language and PAMM is an investment, if you ask for investment then go to PAMM not MQL :D , Anyway myregister, the learning curve isn't really hard as long as you know a bit about object oriented paradigm in programming language, since MQL5 focused most on that.

Isn't really hard? Are you kidding me, especially if you switch from one paradigm to the other like switch from MQL4 to MQL5. MQL5 is also one of the best programming language upgrade but it lack many things such as backward support, since migration doesn't happen one night and to attract more people of course backward support needed.

• 2 weeks later...

That learning curve may have been adressed by a lot of programmers out there because this programming language defenitely better rather than MT4 in most cases, not in all for sure but at least you can create a more effective expert advisors that might work more flexible and give us better result.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i know in any brokers which supported MT5 fully , then MQL5 will work well and you shouldn't find much problem against it. To be honest, use MQL5 right now is a bit redundant since i see that MQL4 also has been upgraded and you can do an object oriented language there, i mean the paradigm has changed and it becomes more similiar to MQL5 paradigm.

• 2 months later...

The autotrading on MQL5 will be possible as long as you have or you know someone who can program a robot by use MQL5. Autotrading with MQL5 is just like use MQL4, the way you activate the robot is the same and the place you put it also the same, expect it doesn't work on MT4.

• 1 year later...

MQL5 are specialized languages developed specifically for MetaTrader 5 platforms. Clearly, it is a specific tool for automated trading where it becomes the main section. It similar to C++ to the certain extent and it seems that MQL5 has around 18 styles of drawing indicators. So overall good for creating EA.

• 4 weeks later...

@sidejob We all here already know about the fact that it is a programming language for mt5 and the main reason mql5 developed here is to give a trader or programmer the chance to make an automated script which we all know as forex robot. Not just that we can even apply the object oriented programming with MQL5 which become its nature when released for the first time.

• 4 months later...

@sidejob We all here already know about the fact that it is a programming language for mt5 and the main reason mql5 developed here is to give a trader or programmer the chance to make an automated script which we all know as forex robot. Not just that we can even apply the object oriented programming with MQL5 which become its nature when released for the first time.

MQL4 already support object oriented paradigm which makes mql5 somewhat obsolete and this is not good, right? But how about that metaquotes people gain profit from this MQL4 more than MQL5? MQL5 autotrading is just another way to trade, if you prefer MT5 then you can choose only MQL5 not MQL4.