Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Fixed or floating spread account?

Therefore we can use the tools to be able to limit our losses well and understand how our analysis so well that what we do can be controlled and managed properly

so use stop loss so that we can limit our losses well, and manage it properly, because with the stop loss accounts we are safe and protected from margin call, so we can safely run its trading and easy to profit

so use stop loss so that we can limit our losses well, and manage it properly, because with the stop loss accounts we are safe and protected from margin call, so we can safely run its trading and easy to profit

for that we should be able to understand and learn the way we work well, in order to facilitate us to run and were able to control any of his way, with the way it will be very comfortable and quiet while doing

• 2 weeks later...

Floating and Floating spread account, that is still my favourite account because based on the real market and not the one who made by so called "Market Maker". Fixed almost or all of it are an activity where the client is trading against the broker which is not good since we want to cooperate with broker to get the profit not to against them which means a win win condition.

• 2 months later...

@myregister : I also think the same floating account is the best account for trader to have. It is the only account where it could reflected the real market value through various liquidity provider including that broker itself if the broker was big enough. Fixed mostly or all of them is clearly dealing desk, you face against the broker who create its own market, this is why the fees for each transaction is  the same and usually very low.

Sure that is one of the best account you will ever had. The account where all is real, it reflected itself to the market from various liquidity provider and also if you join an ECN broker the rate will be quite low and even compete with those zero spread broker :D , since floating is make a sense mostly non dealing desk are using it.

Floating spread might will making shocks if any trader not realize broker that they joined has floating spread, which if there are news high impact and on high volatility market, increasing spread and after trader open any transaction suddenly look loss floating that high

Floating spread might will making shocks if any trader not realize broker that they joined has floating spread, which if there are news high impact and on high volatility market, increasing spread and after trader open any transaction suddenly look loss floating that high

That is the problem from traders, not the brokers. My solution to that problem is be careful, there is nothing wrong with doing a research first before jump into a broker, also a good and reliable broker usually stated if they are dealing desk or not, one of the example if FXCM which has Dealing Desk account and Non Dealing Desk account. It is normal to have high spread during news, because that is where the time is totally volatile enough and the market has unbalanced demand and reward ratio.

In my opinion fixed spreads might be a good option for everyone as these spreads are directly counted in the transactions cost incurred by any trader.

Yes might fixed spread is easy to manage the risk, scalping trader also i think they will prefer choose fixed spread than floating spread, and choose pair that has low spread like as eurusd or another major pair, if scalping choose floating spread they need carefully when on news time

Yes might fixed spread is easy to manage the risk, scalping trader also i think they will prefer choose fixed spread than floating spread, and choose pair that has low spread like as eurusd or another major pair, if scalping choose floating spread they need carefully when on news time

Fixed spread means the spread is fixed and isn't dynamic, so it makes a sense to manage the risk but that is not real the bigger risk lies behind, because the market is practically created by the broker itself which want us to lose more since we are against them/broker. Spread is not a big deal if you have a good strategy and a good broker. Often, good broker has reasonable spread.

Fixed spread means the spread is fixed and isn't dynamic, so it makes a sense to manage the risk but that is not real the bigger risk lies behind, because the market is practically created by the broker itself which want us to lose more since we are against them/broker. Spread is not a big deal if you have a good strategy and a good broker. Often, good broker has reasonable spread.

For that trader must always learn the risks and the determination of each way, because it is one way that we can maximize in order to make us more understanding and more mastered correctly, so what we do and do more understanding,

In my opinion fixed spreads might be a good option for everyone as these spreads are directly counted in the transactions cost incurred by any trader.

But that is not the market we are looking for my friend, the only place where you can find fixed spread only in dealing desk broker where you must beat the broker who created the market by itself, in here there are already conflict of interest. Floating spread in fact reflected the real market when there is imbalance the spread will widening.

• 2 weeks later...

But that is not the market we are looking for my friend, the only place where you can find fixed spread only in dealing desk broker where you must beat the broker who created the market by itself, in here there are already conflict of interest. Floating spread in fact reflected the real market when there is imbalance the spread will widening.

Yes i agree with you but remember there are some people who content with dealing desk broker and if dealing desk broker is not profitable , i am sure there won't be any market for them. But the natural and actually still lucrative but many newcomers don't know is non dealing desk since it is not that easy to know if one broker adopt dealing desk approach or non dealing approach.

Yes i agree with you but remember there are some people who content with dealing desk broker and if dealing desk broker is not profitable , i am sure there won't be any market for them. But the natural and actually still lucrative but many newcomers don't know is non dealing desk since it is not that easy to know if one broker adopt dealing desk approach or non dealing approach.

That is why i said that it will be exist no matter what, fixed one actually lucrative and seems promising on the theory but inside this is flawed one i mean it has more flaws than the floating one which based on the difference of the price in the real market feed. Fixed rate means that they won't follow the demand and supply law and it means the market is under broker control or created by broker itself.

ALl of the fixed spread account are dealing desk broker, they usually offers very low spread rate and keep the rate fixed which doesn't match with demand and supply. Spread is difference between the buy and sell price. Up to now floating spread broker makes much more sense even sometimes when volatile market at its highest, the spread usually spike higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's breakdown into 2. Floating and Fixed are different thing, the spread in fixed account is fixed but in floating it follows the flow of supply and demand resulting a difference between the price of buying and selling. When choose both make sure to choose the right one. If you ready for bigger risk then choose fixed, it is the broker you face against there.

Yes those two are actually different, fixed and floating has big difference which divide those two. Fixed with its fixed spread and Floating with its dynamic spread rate. When choosing those two, i would recommend the floating account no matter what, playing with fixed spread account is risky since it is just like playing with fire.

Yes those two are actually different, fixed and floating has big difference which divide those two. Fixed with its fixed spread and Floating with its dynamic spread rate. When choosing those two, i would recommend the floating account no matter what, playing with fixed spread account is risky since it is just like playing with fire.

Fixed spread is fine to some people, right? It is the matter of choice, but yes i agree with you that floating account is the best account as it reflected the real market which means there are very less chance for broker to scam our trading, also this is more make a sense since the difference between price is fluctuated each seconds.

Sure that is the one which reflected the real market, floating more like a closed market where it has the control from broker as market maker, so in fact we are against the broker, but in the floating one the market is come from multiple liquidity providers which provide us feed from lots of traders around the world in matter of miliseconds.

Floating spread mostly ECN also it doesn't care when you trade because this broker just acts as a broker, not as the market maker like what happened with almost any single fixed spread based broker. Fixed spread is fixed, i mean almost of them are dealing desk and the risk is up to you if you want to join it. 

Floating spread mostly ECN also it doesn't care when you trade because this broker just acts as a broker, not as the market maker like what happened with almost any single fixed spread based broker. Fixed spread is fixed, i mean almost of them are dealing desk and the risk is up to you if you want to join it. 

Understand all the ways, because the spreads that exist on the broker is very able to help us, but not all the low spread it can help everything helped the way we do and the wisdom of the broker, because there are also high spreads but can be able to generate big profits because There are many good policies from the broker

Yes and no. Yes because it is ECN and no because actually in fact all ECNs are Floating and when you see there is a broker that claim the service is ECN and offer fixed spread, it is wrong. As for STP that is the combination between floating and fixed, so you must choose wisely which broker use floating or fixed.

STP will depend on the liquidity provider they subscribed, they even subscribed to market maker but still, the majority of the liquidity provider they subscribed is to the big liquidity provider or broker which act as one. Floating is good for the calmer situation since the spread is low but fixed is good for news, i know that fixed is riskier but it is worthed especially if you know how to "play" with Dealing Desk.

• 4 weeks later...

You got the point but a well-known broker which employ Straight Through Processing Broker will try as the best as they can to redirect the price order to the real market at least to a broker with high liquidity which acts as liquidity provider too. DMA is actually more like in the middle between STP and ECN and all of them are Non-Dealing Desk Broker.

Hm, non-dealing desk mostly is floating spread account, it is very rare to find a broker which offers fixed spread account. Fixed spread account is common for the broker with dealing desk option. It is because the broker is the market and they can control the price through any kind of means so it makes sense for it.