Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Fixed or floating spread account?

And as long as you still make profit some of my friend who has been dealing with a lot of dealing desk broker said if you trade in smaller amount your chance to make profit still big, but if you start to earn big you will find a lot of bad thing, from Stop Loss hunting or even Price manipulation, but yeah Floating is more logical than fixed since fixed doesn't reflect the price in the market or from liquidity provider.

Hm, this is not something which you always heard, some people keep it secret but dealing desk or to be precise bucket shop brokers do that they claim to be non dealing but is not. Fixed spread account only offered in dealing desk, i've never see true non dealing desk which has fixed spread account moreover zero spread one.

I like with fixed spread than floating spread, because only spent small capital in forex as long as still broker paid every withdrawn still okey for me, but maybe will different if already use huge capital , choosing broker is very important because they won't to losing money because joined in scamm broker

@skyrock: as long as they don't know that the broker who owned that fixed spread account is the one who control the market and they trade against the broker. Floating spread account tend to be more realistic but it is all up to trader's choice some still able to trade well in fixed spread account.

I think as scalping tradfer lso they will prefer use fixed spread, and low spread broker will more preferable for scalping, but I think in our broker also have various spread that offered depending with pair that traded , I am ever reading certain pair has very large spread and maybe rarely trader choose these pair

By using common sense i think that is right, scalping traders tend to use fixed because of the nature of that account and traders don't have to think so much about the cost which they should bear, i am sure we all here know that scalpers is cost sensitive. But it doesn't mean scalpers won't use floating account, since most of floating spread account is non dealing desk, scalpers who choose this one must be think about the genuinity of the market they enter.

Well then that is good enough for people there, as far as i know there is other broker called as FXCM which offers non dealing desk and dealing desk account, with dealing desk the spread is fixed so people who wnat to against the broker with less fees could  trade, this type of account(fixed) is preffered by most of new traders.

I prefer floating spread mainly since it’s usually very low and I am able to work up really nicely, if we are using fixed spread account type then it will be on higher side and for scalpers that’s never useful. I work with OctaFX broker and here there is floating spread starting from just 0.1 pips, so when it comes to scalping, I am pretty cool with things since I am able to make great profits regularly while even then they have epic rebate program that gives back up to 15 dollars profits per lot size trade and this is even with the losing trades too, so definitely far more helpful and allows me to work really nicely without any trouble.

Fixed spread is for the long term traders I guest so floating can be well beneficial to the scalper it is noted that for a trader to succeed as scalper then he must be ready to stand for the risk.

Some broker will never allow scalping dose it mean this brokers dont have floating spread.?

@skyrock, they can as well use floating spread its not a must that because you are a long term trader that you want to trade and you say that you want to make use of fixed spread or floating spread.

Personally I trade forex I dont have to wait days after days to get my success

It is different of course tray22, fixed spread account offers fix spread movement some even offered it with zero spread account which means your rate stuck at 0.xxxx . But what do you mean by implement? Do you think this is a strategy? This is an account , type account to be exact. as long as someone feel more preference towards fixed account then floating will be nothing for them, but for now i think that floating account is much more make sense because it react as the market did.

@myregister,what I want to know is that then how can the broker make his own money if he charges no spread because I learn that majority of the broker make their money from there.

Never stop trading but keep on having your practice level and ensure succcess to come

Fixed means the spread intact and never move while Floating account means the spread is dynamic and keep moving sometimes it is high to balance the volume which low and sometimes the spread is low because the volume on that pair is higher than before. Some traders prefer fixed while others like me prefer much more sense floating account.