Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Fixed or floating spread account?

Fixed or Floating is does not even matter, especially in trading because if you can make profit no one will subject you even actually fixed has higher rate for something like that coming true. Fixed broker as long as regulated well isn't a big deal, the key is don't trade in bigger amount and also less trading is better, admin want to earn also so one or two losses still fine.

It is a big matter but shouldn't be overrated. There are some good fixed one i know and you can trade withat but with higher risk for it. I prefer floating because they are really represent the market, those brokers really want to see you make profit not you lose your money.

I mean not overrated but it is not a big matter in what you think about. I mean that there are fix spread broker that is fine to use as long as well regulated. One of the example is FXCM that has fixed spread account where broker for sure against you not like floating spreads account.

But we are back to the fundamental of this issue that Fixed is DD broker while Floating one is NDD broker. What do you think about that? Those are different things the first which is DD is playing with you and want you to lose, while the second which is NDD is really broker that doesn't care if you actuall win or loss but would prefer if you win because it means more probability that you will trade again later.

But we are back to the fundamental of this issue that Fixed is DD broker while Floating one is NDD broker. What do you think about that? Those are different things the first which is DD is playing with you and want you to lose, while the second which is NDD is really broker that doesn't care if you actuall win or loss but would prefer if you win because it means more probability that you will trade again later.

NDD brokers is really good rather than DD broker, but once again this is all about the way you trade, there is a trader that can make profit even though they trade in DD broker(which well regulated not bucketshop one). As long as you know how to play you will be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

@sidejob: NDD for sure is better rather than DD broker, and according to the experience i got so far NDD will route your order to the real market and you will be matched by the real price not just made price that will make your broker loss all of their money. This one of the reason i choose NDD broker.

NDD is better than DD broker but not always. I mean there are few or rare DD that still good. FXCM for example well what i want to say is there that make sure yo search for the well regulated broker even DD broker still offer a good deal for you, but for overall NDD still the best.

In fixed sometimes you will get no requote too and the price is competitive even some broker offers fixed spread and lower, but remember i still don't choose it because it is a place that simulated by broker and if you win broker lose their money. If you are risk taker, then fixed maybe for you for me floating spread is the best.

under normal market conditions a floating spread will always be more beneficial, however during news a fixed spread will be more beneficial as the floating spread can and does increase to perhaps 10x what the fixed spread represents (due to liquidity of the chosen market) it all comes down to what you trade, when you trade it, and the approach you use. Now I am using ECN type account on TICKMILL who provide a great benefit for me

Fixed account is best for someone who can bear the pain of trade in dealing desk market where you must fight against your own broker, while floating spread for someone who want to trade in the real market because floating spread broker offering a dynamic and reflecting the price movement thus make the spread dynamic too.

Still choosing floating spreads rather than fixed spread account, first because fixed spread does not make much sense second mostly or even all of fixed spread account supported by dealin desk broker, and that means we are trading against the broker which means there are conflict of interest.

Maybe from your experience. Until this time, I still make use of fixed spread and right now, it is also something that I prefer trading with and my broker is NDD. I think that some of this dealing desk brokers who are offering this are using it to trap some traders and cheat them. That is the reason why it is why it is good thing for the trader to first know how the broker operates in other not to get trapped in it.

• 3 weeks later...

can you tell me why NDD has fixed spread? The market is changing the price is changing so do the spread, especially to anticipate high volatility. Also big broker such as FXCM said that they have special fixed spread account which is DD and floating spread for NDD account. Not to mention there are a lot of certified broker such as FXDD also has floating spreads and many others such as Dukascopy or Interactive Brokers.

Its floating spread that is most preferred. Well, it is a matter of choice too because when a particular trader prefers to have a fixed or floating spread, then it is a matter of having a broker with such arrangements. In all of it, having a tighter spread is more economical to the scalper who is sure that he or she is not going to waste all of his or her profit in paying for spread.

I advise scalper to look for fixed spread account usually it offers low spread and fixed for sure so you don't have to worry checking one or two things from your spread. However, i prefer floating spread account because mostly or if not all brokers who do that are non dealing desk and you don't have to against your broker.

• 6 months later...

I think Fixed account is best for someone who can bear the pain of trade in dealing desk market where you must fight against your own broker, while floating spread for someone who want to trade in the real market because floating spread broker offering a dynamic and reflecting the price movement thus make the spread dynamic too.

I like with fixed spread than floating spread, because will easily to manage the risk in my trades, will annoying if likely after open new entries then look big floating loss because we use floating spread, for scalping trader also I think they will prefer use fixed spread than floating spread

Fixed account usually a dealing desk broker, and through our logic, how can it be the spread stay still while the market itself is volatile and always give the different price if not each minutes , then each seconds. Floating spread account is more make sense since it offers dynamic spread depend on the market if that is too volatile then it is high but if that is normal the spread could even lower than what fixed spread account did.

So far nnot yet found any problem with sread fee in my broker, still run smoothly and run as general spread, I like with trading on pair that has good average movement like as eurusd, eurjpy, gbpjpy, although usually cross pair has bigger spread,but average movement included in good movement

Fixed spread account is a nice account in theory, you will be able to get no fees or the same exact fees for each transaction, wouldn't it be so much wonderful? Yes, but fixed fees isn't make a sense in volatile market, where the price is moving and so do spread to offset the market movement.

Fixed spread account is a nice account in theory, you will be able to get no fees or the same exact fees for each transaction, wouldn't it be so much wonderful? Yes, but fixed fees isn't make a sense in volatile market, where the price is moving and so do spread to offset the market movement.

I don't know certain trader they said if fixed spread is for broker dealing desk, which our order still holding in broker and not throw in the market directly, but so far stil enjoy using fixed spread and as long as every withdraw still processed smoothly hence still bellieve with these broker

I don't know certain trader they said if fixed spread is for broker dealing desk, which our order still holding in broker and not throw in the market directly, but so far stil enjoy using fixed spread and as long as every withdraw still processed smoothly hence still bellieve with these broker

And as long as you still make profit some of my friend who has been dealing with a lot of dealing desk broker said if you trade in smaller amount your chance to make profit still big, but if you start to earn big you will find a lot of bad thing, from Stop Loss hunting or even Price manipulation, but yeah Floating is more logical than fixed since fixed doesn't reflect the price in the market or from liquidity provider.