Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Coinmarketcap - Coinmarketcap.com

About Coinmarketcap

• Updated every 5 minutes.
  • Marketcap = Price x Total Supply
  • Prices are calculated by averaging the prices at the major exchanges weighted by volume.
  • Coins with stale datapoints (more than 6 hours old) will be shown at the bottom with question marks, and will be de-listed after 7 days.

Here is a Link to a site that will show you the Live stats of all the Crypto Coins that are able to be mined, and bought!

• 9 months later...

The value for each cryptocurrency based on demand and supply. Nothing aside from that, the more people want it the price will rise and since it is harder i think the price will rise back, but the problem with cryptocurrency that it might be loss forever if your account hacked or your data is loss.

You forget there is speculation that drives the price also, and this is happening during early times of BTC. I know demand and supply also playing important part but you cannot put aside those speculators that already gained much profit from hype of this currency, and some news such as Mt.Gox also affected the market.

• 1 month later...

I know but still it is demand and supply too right? There are more demand than supply and the price is rising also when demand is coming up or even excess the supply and then the price will fall right? That is what we called as demand and supply law which also applied to this cryptocurrency values such as BTC, LTC, or even for DogeCoin.

• 3 months later...

Yes, there's demand and supply from traders or people who need it but remember it is very volatile and i think that is not just because of supply and demand but people who manipulate this law and speculate in the market. So with this we can see BTC, LTC, or other kind of cryptocurrencies' price change a lot.

• 1 year later...

One of my favourite cryptocurrency site, well to check the price for sure :D . The design is clear and very precise also it updated every 5 minutes. You also can see the price and also money supply from not just bitcoins but from the other altcoins. Overall it is a good site to have especially if you are into cryptocurrency investment.

Yes a very good place to know what kind of currency we want to see. The growth and also the current price, but i hope that they could lower the refresh rate to 1 minutes or if that is possible towards 30 seconds. It would be good for people who want to fast pace trading and also one thing that i like is that you don't have to login to get all the data you want :D

I saw that bitcoin price is keep rising here and as far as i know many personalities recommend this site because it is simple and easy to use plus it also easy to load. Overall it gives you some data that you want and good enough to know which cryptocurrencies you could choose.

• 1 month later...

One of my favorite cryptocurrency sites, well to check the price for sure. know demand and supply also playing an important part but you cannot put aside those speculators that already gained much profit from the hype of this currency, and some news such as Mt.Gox also affected the market.