Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What is Dogecoin?

Dogecoin is an open source & decentralized peer-to-peer digital currency that enables you to send and receive money online. It was created as a derivative to Bitcoin by Shiba Inus worldwide with Doge(internet meme) present on its logo. Dogecoin is used with a wallet on your desktop, smartphone, or on website where you can use it to buy goods and services, or even trade it for other cryptocurrencies or traditional currency like US dollar. There are tons of people on reddit or twitter who are eager to give away dogecoin. One of the most popular uses for Dogecoin is "tipping system on internet" in which social media users grant Dogecoin tips to other users for providing interesting or noteworthy content.

Compared to other  cryptocurrencies, Dogecoin has a very fast initial coin production schedule, there will be approximately 100 billion coins in circulation by the end of 2014 with an additional 5.2 billion coins every year thereafter. As of 30 March 2014, over 65 billion Dogecoins have been mined. Initially Dogecoin was intended only to produce 100 billion Dogecoins, but later on, it announced that the Dogecoin network would produce infinite Dogecoins.

Check the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KVZmS_UO5I

How does Dogecoins works?

Like Bitcoin and Litecoin, Dogecoin also uses public-key & private key cryptography, wherein users generate a pair of cryptographic keys: one public and one private. Public key is open for all and doesn’t carry any secret/ encrypted information whereas private key must be kept secret and secure as it can decode information encrypted with the public key. Hence user can circulate the public key openly without any fear. Dogecoin addresses are a string of 34 numbers and letters (both upper and lower case), starting with the letter D. A public key refers to the Dogecoin address which the account identity to which other users can send Dogecoins.

How to start with Dogecoins?

It is very easy to start using Dogecoin.

Step 1: Get A desktop, phone, online or paper Wallet.

Step 2: Participate in community or on social network and get some Dogecoin.

Step 3: Use Your Dogecoin.

• 8 months later...

Well another cryptocurrency, i don't know how long it will stay but to be honest BTC and LTC is big enough and also people does not need more especially since conventional currency is still exist in this world and a lot of people still use it, but if you love about crypto currency maybe you can use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still wondering after now why dogecoin still exist, i mean it is just like BTC and it is just the same only the difference is actually the name, DogeCoin for me is just like another hobby from someone that evolved into community which has less price compared to BTC.

I'm retract myself, dogecoin is just for fun of course people still need something like this but it is practically in economy as nothing or not much worthed as LiteCoin or BitCoin. So in the end BTC and LTC is for business purpose while Doge is for fun or giving for free.

You can see in their site they claim something like that and now it is become popular in their community, you can use to buy something but their price is not that good. Total money that circulated in dogecoin is so big more than 34,426,022,271 Doge more than LTC and BTC. 

• 3 weeks later...

You can see in their site they claim something like that and now it is become popular in their community, you can use to buy something but their price is not that good. Total money that circulated in dogecoin is so big more than 34,426,022,271 Doge more than LTC and BTC.

Dogecoin are big because the money that circulated inside also big and this is normal, but the rate per dogecoin is so small if you someone who want to reach for speculation then BTC is for your or at least LTC, Dogecoin is only for buying something or product transaction. The price also tend to be stable compared to those two. This is what makes Dogecoin special.

• 7 months later...

Yes, it is bigger but you should know that their total valuation is lower than BTC. This is not for speculation and i am sure most of the holder does not really like this kind of thing. Dogecoin in fact based on Meme, but still it is unexpectedly growing and become micro transaction currency rather than use for big things like BTC.