Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum - Sponsored by Blueskybinary.com, 1xBit.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Blueskybinary

1xBit

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

Forex MetaTrader

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

Yes, they just stuck with it because of just works mental, but actually nothing wrong as long as it is work and also the way that platform works is fair. Metatrader is one of the defacto platform because this platform works well and you can easily trade in foreign exchange without much problem.

Why for someone to have "just work" mental? It is saving time, and also if your proprietary platform proven to be more secure, faster and have more option to deal with foreign exchange trading i think that is not a big deal. Some proprietary platform preferred because of their unique feature which it has and has better performance too.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

But to save the time we need just work, adapting to the new technology is fine but if you spend much more time to install the environment or to make yourself familiar with the data and commands inside of your terminal, will that work? That surely work but consume much of your time and it is not efficient way to change from metatrader terminal to for example ctrader but if ctrader is easy enough then metatrader would be left alone.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

So you mean we are saving the time by doing something like that? If that is the case i don't have any disagreement and nothing to argue with you. Yes, the movement cost a lot and someone need to remind it, if they must switch from one platform to the other make sure that the next platform is better in long term and has less pain cost to switch.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

Meta trader so far is the best platform, not just because of its performance and because it is easy to use but because it is platform agnostic. Any kind of broker could use it and even modify if they have an agreement with meta trader. To create Expert Advisor is also easy here and the indicator is plentiful so people don't have much worry about technical analysis.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,006 posts

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,329 posts

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

In fact this platform is a reallly agnostic one, the company metaquote created this platform for that purpose and as you can it is the most popular, but talking about the performance well it is not that great, but still more than just "acceptable", it also had a lot of improvement so far which make it more stable and more reliable than before.