Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum - Sponsored by 1xBit.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Orbex

1xBit

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

Forex MetaTrader

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Yes, they just stuck with it because of just works mental, but actually nothing wrong as long as it is work and also the way that platform works is fair. Metatrader is one of the defacto platform because this platform works well and you can easily trade in foreign exchange without much problem.

Why for someone to have "just work" mental? It is saving time, and also if your proprietary platform proven to be more secure, faster and have more option to deal with foreign exchange trading i think that is not a big deal. Some proprietary platform preferred because of their unique feature which it has and has better performance too.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

But to save the time we need just work, adapting to the new technology is fine but if you spend much more time to install the environment or to make yourself familiar with the data and commands inside of your terminal, will that work? That surely work but consume much of your time and it is not efficient way to change from metatrader terminal to for example ctrader but if ctrader is easy enough then metatrader would be left alone.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

So you mean we are saving the time by doing something like that? If that is the case i don't have any disagreement and nothing to argue with you. Yes, the movement cost a lot and someone need to remind it, if they must switch from one platform to the other make sure that the next platform is better in long term and has less pain cost to switch.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Meta trader so far is the best platform, not just because of its performance and because it is easy to use but because it is platform agnostic. Any kind of broker could use it and even modify if they have an agreement with meta trader. To create Expert Advisor is also easy here and the indicator is plentiful so people don't have much worry about technical analysis.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

In fact this platform is a reallly agnostic one, the company metaquote created this platform for that purpose and as you can it is the most popular, but talking about the performance well it is not that great, but still more than just "acceptable", it also had a lot of improvement so far which make it more stable and more reliable than before.

Sininfinity

Sininfinity

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 593 posts

There are other  trading platforms which are trying to come close to meta trader 4 but they can not. Even meta trader 5 has not been able to come close to meta trader 4. It has so vast resources and supporters for it.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

There are other  trading platforms which are trying to come close to meta trader 4 but they can not. Even meta trader 5 has not been able to come close to meta trader 4. It has so vast resources and supporters for it.

MetaTrader 4 is best of the best right now, my prediction about mt5 seems wrong. I do wonder what that meta quotes did wrong with MetaTrader 5. All I can see that MetaTrader 4 is consuming less power yet stable and rich in feature. Make it gains more popularity for all kind of traders around the world.

Sininfinity

Sininfinity

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 593 posts

MetaTrader 4 is best of the best right now, my prediction about mt5 seems wrong. I do wonder what that meta quotes did wrong with MetaTrader 5. All I can see that MetaTrader 4 is consuming less power yet stable and rich in feature. Make it gains more popularity for all kind of traders around the world.

MetaQuotes changed the MQL language. Meta trader 4 scripts, indicators and expert advisors does not work on meta trader 5. If a trader wants anything particular from the above he has to code it again. That's just one disadvantage.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

That is one big disadvantage, there is converter if i don't make any mistake about it but I don't know how useful that tools for traders.  MQL4 supported OOP like paradigm which makes it more similar to MQL5 thus rendering MQL5 obsolete and as we can see MT5 adoption rate is low while MT4 still as big as ever.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

If that converter work then it should bring the different atmosphere to metatrader 5 but in fact we can see that metatrader doesn't have many shares let alone beat the predecessor which is metatrader 4. FIFO is also another problem since not all traders live in US and FIFO really a big hassle for traditional hedging we know.

Sininfinity

Sininfinity

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 593 posts

That is one big disadvantage, there is converter if i don't make any mistake about it but I don't know how useful that tools for traders.  MQL4 supported OOP like paradigm which makes it more similar to MQL5 thus rendering MQL5 obsolete and as we can see MT5 adoption rate is low while MT4 still as big as ever.

I can not say much about coding because I have limited knowledge on it. But those converters does not work with all indicators as far as I know. The disadvantage remains. Unless metaquotes do something about it, I am not sure if MT5 will surpass MT4 anytime soon.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

Converter as far as i know doesn't work for 100%, there will be bug or one or two indicators which output is not satisfying. The best way to make MT4 indicators to work as good as Mt5 is by doing it from scratch or through binary compatible coding. Overall i think that forex meta trader is easy to use which become its main point.