Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex MetaTrader

fadydodo

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

Unfortunately Metatrader is the leader or leading platform in foreign exchange cases. The market is pretty much bending towards them, but some proprietary solution from other brokers are good enough and usually have better performance than MT4 or MT5. One MT best thing is that this platform agnostic enough.

In fact this platform is a reallly agnostic one, the company metaquote created this platform for that purpose and as you can it is the most popular, but talking about the performance well it is not that great, but still more than just "acceptable", it also had a lot of improvement so far which make it more stable and more reliable than before.

• 2 weeks later...

There are otherĀ  trading platforms which are trying to come close to meta trader 4 but they can not. Even meta trader 5 has not been able to come close to meta trader 4. It has so vast resources and supporters for it.

MetaTrader 4Ā is best of the best right now, my prediction about mt5 seems wrong. I do wonder what that meta quotes did wrong with MetaTrader 5. All I can see that MetaTrader 4 is consuming less power yet stable and rich in feature.Ā Make it gains more popularity for all kind of traders around the world.

MetaTrader 4Ā is best of the best right now, my prediction about mt5 seems wrong. I do wonder what that meta quotes did wrong with MetaTrader 5. All I can see that MetaTrader 4 is consuming less power yet stable and rich in feature.Ā Make it gains more popularity for all kind of traders around the world.

Ā 

MetaQuotes changed the MQL language. Meta trader 4 scripts, indicators and expert advisors does not work on meta trader 5. If a trader wants anything particular from the above he has to code it again. That's just one disadvantage.

That is one big disadvantage, there is converter if i don't make any mistake about it but I don't know how useful that tools for traders. Ā MQL4 supported OOP like paradigm which makes it more similar to MQL5 thus rendering MQL5 obsolete and as we can see MT5 adoption rate is low while MT4 still as big as ever.

If that converter work then it should bring the different atmosphere to metatrader 5 but in fact we can see that metatraderĀ doesn't have many shares let alone beat the predecessor which is metatrader 4. FIFO is also another problem since not all traders live in US and FIFO really a big hassle for traditional hedging we know.

That is one big disadvantage, there is converter if i don't make any mistake about it but I don't know how useful that tools for traders. Ā MQL4 supported OOP like paradigm which makes it more similar to MQL5 thus rendering MQL5 obsolete and as we can see MT5 adoption rate is low while MT4 still as big as ever.

Ā 

I can not say much about coding because I have limited knowledge on it. But those converters does not work with all indicators as far as I know. The disadvantage remains. Unless metaquotes do something about it, I am not sure if MT5 will surpass MT4 anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Converter as far as i know doesn't work for 100%, there will be bug or one or two indicators which output is not satisfying. The best way to make MT4 indicators to work as good as Mt5 is by doing it from scratch or through binary compatible coding. Overall i think that forex meta trader is easy to use which become its main point.

• 4 weeks later...

In my opinion lite forex is the best choice for trading currencies. Reliable regulation, comfortable conditions and stable software, what else one could desire from a broker. They do not hamper trading and always withdraw without delays.

• 5 weeks later...

There are otherĀ  trading platforms which are trying to come close to meta trader 4 but they can not. Even meta trader 5 has not been able to come close to meta trader 4. It has so vast resources and supporters for it.

Ā 

Metatrader 5 will be number 2 forever for good. They need something to change this but i think for now with MT4 alone people already take the scene of online foreign exchange, it is agnostic based platform and used by a lot of brokers around the world and of course have a lot of costumers.

Ā 

But what they can do? MT4 is good as it is and even able to compete with MT5 in many factors. MT4 just need to find some bugs and fix it that's what they do. Well, do you know that finance companies need more of the stability compared to innovation? MT4 just works and stable platform make it easier for financial institution such as fx brokers.

Ā 

Metatrader 5 will be number 2 forever for good. They need something to change this but i think for now with MT4 alone people already take the scene of online foreign exchange, it is agnostic based platform and used by a lot of brokers around the world and of course have a lot of costumers.
Ā 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...