Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex MetaTrader

fadydodo

Forex MetaTrader is an online trading platform. The system is designed to provide brokerage services to those in the Forex, CFD (Contract for Difference), and Futures markets. Many companies that offer brokerage services use this platform to provide the brokerage services that traders need in order to participate in financial markets such as the Forex market.

Forex MetaTrader was created by MetaQuotes Software Corporation, a Business-To-Business software development company that was established in 2000. It has become known for being a supplier of some of the most reliable software solutions in the world. MetaQuotes is constantly searching for ways to improve their software products in order to achieve the following goals:

* Provide the best software

* Provide that software at reasonable prices

* Provide that software and related services at lower life-time cost

* Provide software that is competent and reliable

* Build a solid and long-term partnership with their clients

The Forex MetaTrader 4 platform is a full-cycle trading facility that includes front end terminals and back office components. As a result, purchasers of this platform can get their brokerage businesses started with no additional software purchases required. They have everything they need with the MetaTrader 4 platform. This is part of the reason why the MetaTrader 4 platform is the most popular Forex trading platform in the world.

The Forex MetaTrader 4 platform can serve over ten thousand traders working with many accounts at the same time on an average machine. The server is able to process many different financial instruments. Its quotes history also goes back a number of years.

Some of the most innovative features that make MetaTrader 4 the most popular Forex trading platform in the world include the following features:

* Its distributed architecture

* Its automated trading

* Its user friendly interface

* Its convenient mobile trading

* Its range of innovative features

* Its support, which is multi-currency and multi-language

* Its excellent security system

The MetaTrader 4 platform's "Application Program Interface" (API) allows it to extend its functionality and integration with any other trading system. Plus, the ready plug-ins are able to facilitate different areas of the platform's operation.

The latest release from MetaQuotes is their Forex MetaTrader 5 platform, which is designed to arrange brokerage services in Forex, CFD, Futures, and equity markets. This new platform allows users the ability to execute trades in several financial markets and stock exchanges from one account.

Like its predecessors, MetaTrader 5 was created from scratch. It's not just an updated version of MetaTrader 4, but it has new architecture that allows for new possibilities. This includes the ability to trade in equity markets.

The success of its MetaTrader 4 platform led MetaQuotes to establish the annual Automated Trading Championship in 2006. This was a resounding success, and further cemented the company as the leader in providing reliable and effective software solutions for companies wanting to offer brokerage services to their clients.

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I also agree that metatrader is one of the best platform for forex trading, it changes the scenery of this high risk business a lot and guess what it makes many people know about forex and connecting forex more to people who want to trade inside of the interbank.

I also agree that metatrader is one of the best platform for forex trading, it changes the scenery of this high risk business a lot and guess what it makes many people know about forex and connecting forex more to people who want to trade inside of the interbank.

There are a lot of alternative for metatrader but from many functions that metatrader has it is the best for overall score and one more thing that metatrader is agnostic platform. It is not propetriary but not for one broker it is for any broker who want to use their service.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of alternative for metatrader but from many functions that metatrader has it is the best for overall score and one more thing that metatrader is agnostic platform. It is not propetriary but not for one broker it is for any broker who want to use their service.

That is why i stil use metatrader, and beside my broker is using it and how can i use the other platform when metatrader just work and also giving me earning like what i did when i trade. Overall, it's just work and not just work but awesomely giving me profit LOL.

• 1 month later...

Actually there are many replacement including its predecessor which is MT5, but i don't know why people still want to be with MT4. Ctrader seems nice and developed well but overall Metatrader offers what retail traders like me need, from one click trading to robot trading which require some set of define rules.

Metatrader become defacto right now it is hard to replace it, as far as i know MT4 is the most popular for sure following by its brother MT5 which i think should be able to replace metatrader 4 but i don't know why it can't until now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes it is a defacto plaform in online foreign exchange trading, well there are few platforms that trying to compete with metatrader but it seems it wouldn't be so long after it. MetaTrader also offers many feature that make us easy to trade this one helps newbies to overcome the situation, and it supported margin trading.

• 1 month later...

Talking aboout Metatrader, as we know metatrader divide by 2 version right now first is defacto platform for a lot of brokers around the world MT4. The second one is Mt5 newborn(not really new) but still take slow adoption to many brokers especially since MQL4 has been upgraded to do object oriented programming.

• 2 weeks later...

It becomes slower compared to MT4 thanks to MQL4 which has been redesigned so people don't have to switch to MQL5 which only own by MT5. MT4 is stable and of course will be better rather than MT5 which is relatively new and has some bugs which maybe doesn't solve by MetaQuote's programmer yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been wondering for quite long time why metatrader is one of the most popular trading platform compared to the other and what i find out is metatrader has nice feature and for the very first reason is easy to use, it is user friendly which doesn't like the other platform which consist of so many buttons that make us confuse what to do with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering for quite long time why metatrader is one of the most popular trading platform compared to the other and what i find out is metatrader has nice feature and for the very first reason is easy to use, it is user friendly which doesn't like the other platform which consist of so many buttons that make us confuse what to do with that.

Easy to use or user friendly, people can make their robot and integrate it to the platform in very easy way, not to mention Metatrader has a lot of indicators especially for their 4th iteration of product. One thing that make metatrader popular is a lot of broker supported it and even created a tailor made for other operating system such as OSX.

Easy to use or user friendly, people can make their robot and integrate it to the platform in very easy way, not to mention Metatrader has a lot of indicators especially for their 4th iteration of product. One thing that make metatrader popular is a lot of broker supported it and even created a tailor made for other operating system such as OSX.

It is only because it is useful and user-friendly plus broker from over the world already use it as the main platform for trading, before it wasn't but thanks to big adoption people stick with it for some years and create a lot of useful indicators, not to mention the company also has good support for it.

• 3 months later...

That is why this one is useful because it is user-friendly and also a lot of people still use meta trader because as we know that corporation especially for finance banking is harder to switch to newer generation, just for example atm bank use windows xp as its own operating system which already outdated. Glad that meta trader company still update meta trader.

Then many people use this platform isn't it? This is pretty simple to me. Metatrader is one of those good platform out there many people just don't want to taste more because metatrader already give what they are deserve to get, in my own opinion metatrader become de facto platform for foreign exchnage trading thanks to those brokers from regulated to bucketshop

So you mean they are stuck with one platform just because that platform in this case metatrader just work? This is like financial business it just works mental. But nothing to be afraid as far as i know some big traders use their own favourite platform, and metatrader in this case is useful for many retail traders while those big one usually use propetriary platform.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they just stuck with it because of just works mental, but actually nothing wrong as long as it is work and also the way that platform works is fair. Metatrader is one of the defacto platform because this platform works well and you can easily trade in foreign exchange without much problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they just stuck with it because of just works mental, but actually nothing wrong as long as it is work and also the way that platform works is fair. Metatrader is one of the defacto platform because this platform works well and you can easily trade in foreign exchange without much problem.

Why for someone to have "just work" mental? It is saving time, and also if your proprietary platform proven to be more secure, faster and have more option to deal with foreign exchange trading i think that is not a big deal. Some proprietary platform preferred because of their unique feature which it has and has better performance too.

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I know but it means you may feel comfortable with what you have now and then don't or reclutant to adapt the new technology that may change or make our trading better. I know we may afraid of the risk but forex itself is risky. By the way meta trader is doing good now, metatrader become successful like now because of its agnostic platform, but i wonder why they don't accept linux and osx yet.

But to save the time we need just work, adapting to the new technology is fine but if you spend much more time to install the environment or to make yourself familiar with the data and commands inside of your terminal, will that work? That surely work but consume much of your time and it is not efficient way to change from metatrader terminal to for example ctrader but if ctrader is easy enough then metatrader would be left alone.

• 3 weeks later...

So you mean we are saving the time by doing something like that? If that is the case i don't have any disagreement and nothing to argue with you. Yes, the movement cost a lot and someone need to remind it, if they must switch from one platform to the other make sure that the next platform is better in long term and has less pain cost to switch.

Meta trader so far is the best platform, not just because of its performance and because it is easy to use but because it is platform agnostic. Any kind of broker could use it and even modify if they have an agreement with meta trader. To create Expert Advisor is also easy here and the indicator is plentiful so people don't have much worry about technical analysis.