Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Veil-Project

Rotating Banners

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

Demo VS real

• Please log in to reply
689 replies to this topic

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Demo is not now only for practice but for earning good source too. in oneside if giving more knowledge and testing new strategies beside now many broker are offering demo contest where very very attractive price . now demo is best for learning and earning too. :D

Legendkid

Legendkid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
You're right,nilki
i think this demo account is for those those cool headed ones.Not the guys that wants to earn as fast as they can from forex trading.I think this demo account is a manual trainer,where we equipt ourself for the real game.
I think we can make more profit from learning through a demo account,than encountering losses when learning with real money.

yogesh

yogesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts
In my view trading on demo is just like playing a game and just waste your time in other words
- so i practiced on real account though with little amount. There are several brokers that allow to start with as little as 1$
And after you can turn your 1$ to several folds you can try your strategies on bigger amounts.

boniez

boniez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
many people think like that, but somehow I'm not too happy for too long in the demo account, because I think I'm a little bored with it, and eager to get real money, altough thats too risk

moneyman

moneyman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I started with demo to gain knowledge and experience in Forex business before I moved to trading with real money. Actually we can't learn everything with demo, it needs real money trading to learn more and more. Remember that failing is sometimes a road to success, what comes in trading with real money.

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
@moneyman you said "Actually we can't learn everything with demo' but i think its not true because i think without demo one can not able to make profit first time because of lack of knowledge and experience . and its true real trading give us more when there involve our own real money but demo is very important to newbie first .

andry777

andry777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
Demo account is different with real account. We can't make money in real account as easy as we did in demo account because when we used
demo account, there is nothing to lose. In real account, we will panic if our strategy is not right and we got many losses in floating.

chuna

chuna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Demo and real forex accounts are only similar because both of them use real life market situations to perform. The difference is in the psychology, we are usually careless with the demo because the money in demo account is not real. account

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
@chuna yes you about vie point . in demo we can take 100% risk and for this sometime here we get huge profit but when trade in real than many things works on us . anyway i think we can use demo for our new strategies and if we success here than we can put it in real.

andry777

andry777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
@chuna
Yeah, both real and demo account are showing the real market condition of each pair but when we made position in demo account,
that will be no effect to real market at all, but if we made position in real account that will give effect although it was really small effect
if we used small amount of capital.

indieover

indieover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts
that's true our open trade in demo trading won't affect live trading. but still demo trading can give us almost same experience as we have in live trading. so its enough to be am expert in trading using live trading. but in demo trading our money is safe as we dont use real money when we practice in demo trading. that's why its ideal to start with demo trading first. dont get tempted to jump right into live trading too early.

andry777

andry777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
@indieover
Yeah, that was right. Although our trading in demo account didn't give impact at all in market but we can estimates if we opened in the position
which we opened in demo account, the result will be similiar like what happened in demo account if we did that same like trading plan which we
made.

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
@indieover i think demo trading can not give us almost same experience when we not using our own money here and there is no emotion involved here . and there is no doubt emotion play a great rule in forex trading . anyway its very true its ideal to start with demo trading first.

Icy

Icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
Demo and Real account are two different things. I am not a Forex trader or tried trading in Forex, but I know some concepts about this one.
They always say, especially the experts one, that beginners/newbies must try using a demo account first. Why?
It's because even though they lose, they will just lose a small amount of money, unlike in real account. Beginners will also learn the essence of trading rightly,
then after that, they can use real account already to experience another stage in forex.

pinoycity

pinoycity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
Demo account is for learning the basics of forex and is highly recommended with forex newcomers. The trading in a demo account will have mush lesser emotions as you are dealing with play money. But you cannot really learn how to control emotions if you will not play forex using a real account. So, demo and real accounts go hand in hand.

wasi90lkv1

wasi90lkv1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
demo account can be good for a newbie trader. an expert trader may not want to trade using a demo account, since the expert trader can make money from a real account.

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

demo account can be good for a newbie trader. an expert trader may not want to trade using a demo account, since the expert trader can make money from a real account.

yes demo for niebie trader for practice and gain experience but expert trader also use demo for test their new strategies and if they success in demo than put it in real and for this demo is important both newbie and expert i think.

pinoycity

pinoycity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts
I believe, a demo account and a real account needs each other. A demo account is, of course, where you get to learn the basics and the strategies you need when you enter the real world of forex. The real account is where you use what you learned in demo.

Nikhil

Nikhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

I believe, a demo account and a real account needs each other. A demo account is, of course, where you get to learn the basics and the strategies you need when you enter the real world of forex. The real account is where you use what you learned in demo.

yes its ture both account is need to us and both have difference rule . demo is learning for newbie and test strategies for expart traders .and also test robot for its performance in demo is best and without demo its risky to trade via robot in real account which may kill a real account .

andry777

andry777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
@pinoycity
I am agree with you. Demo account and real account has its own functionality which is complementary. There is nothing which is more important than others.
Demo account and real account are important for traders. All traders will need them if we wanted to be successful trader.