Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

20 Google searching tips

Looking for the ultimate tips for Google searching? You've just found the only guide to Google you need. Let's get started:

1. The best way to begin searching harder with Google is by clicking the Advanced Search link.

2. This lets you search for exact phrases, "all these words", or one of the specified keywords by entering search terms into the appropriate box.

3. You can also define how many results you want on the page, what language and what file type you're looking for, all with menus.

4. Advanced Search lets you type in a Top Level Domain (like .co.uk) in the "Search within site of domain" box to restrict results.

5. And you can click the "Date, usage rights, numeric range and more" link to access more advanced features.

6. Save time – most of these advanced features are also available in Google's front page search box, as command line parameters.

7. Google's main search invisibly combines search terms with the Boolean construct "AND". When you enter smoke fire – it looks for smoke AND fire.

8. To make Google search for smoke or fire, just type smoke OR fire

9. Instead of OR you can type the | symbol, like this: smoke | fire

10. Boolean connectors like AND and OR are case sensitive. They must be upper case.

11. Search for a specific term, then one keyword OR another by grouping them with parentheses, like this: water (smoke OR fire)

12. To look for phrases, put them in quotes: "there's no smoke without fire"

13. Synonym search looks for words that mean similar things. Use the tilde symbol before your keyword, like this: ~eggplant

14. Exclude specific key words with the minus operator. new pram -ebay excludes all results from eBay.

15. Common words, like I, and, then and if are ignored by Google. These are called "stop words".

16. The plus operator makes sure stop words are included. Like: fish +and chips

17. If a stop word is included in a phrase between quote marks as a phrase, the word is searched for.

18. You can also ask Google to fill in a blank. Try: Christopher Columbus discovered *

19. Search for a numerical range using the numrange operator. For example, search for Sony TV between £300 and £500 with the string Sony TV £300..£500

20. Google recognises 13 main file types through advanced search, including all Microsoft Office Document types, Lotus, PostScript, Shockwave Flash and plain text files

if you know any more share with us....:)

• 2 months later...

I use Google always for searching all the stuffs that I'm looking for. But I think I've never done doing that "advanced" search you're talking about,

or maybe I'm not familiar about it? I don't know but, I'm just really satisfied in all the results that I got after searching in Google.

When using Google, I'm not experiencing a hard time coping for the results that I wanted. Indeed, Google is really the

best search engine among all. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, i have bookmark this tips and hopefully if i still have time later i will read it carefully and study how can i apply this so that my blog post will get popular. I really need a SEO on my blog. Its been 2 years now and my blog earning is still low.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the tools here ,..

Great post! One of the things I like most about being a VA is that you are your own boss! You are able to choose the time you want to work, and how long you want to do it. But to become a successful VA, it is very important that you should have the right attitude in this profession

Thanks for the tools here ,..

Great post! One of the things I like most about being a VA is that you are your own boss! You are able to choose the time you want to work, and how long you want to do it. But to become a successful VA, it is very important that you should have the right attitude in this profession

twilio appilcation

• 2 months later...

Although I am aware of the great searching tips I havent been able to use all of them during my online searches. They really help narrow down your search to the most relevant content and really can save you a lot of time sifting through website trying to find the most relevant one.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Thanks for those, I was never knew I am able to get them in reality past many matters out there, hopefully everything will be fixed over time and we can go out later in life with some more than that absolutely and possibly;) Till that moment I have used like 5 of them.