Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How to Buy a New Laptop

marketsvoice

sony-vaio-uk-laptop-notebook.jpg

Decide If a Laptop Is Right for You A laptop is a notebook-sized computer that generally incorporates all of the other features you've come to depend on every day. Smaller than a desktop computer, a laptop usually includes a monitor, a keyboard, a system unit and a mouse or touch pad.

There are plenty of advantages to owning a laptop. The No. 1 reason people get laptops is because they can bring them anywhere--the beach, to church or even to the bathroom--so if you're constantly on the go, a laptop will come in very handy. Laptops are also lighter and much more compact than a desktop computer, so they'll help you save tons of space. And when you're not using it, you can fold it up in a briefcase and store it.

However, laptops have their disadvantages, too. Because laptops are so compact, they are always a step behind desktops when it comes to capability and efficiency. You're going to have to sacrifice decent sound devices, keyboard comfort and your mouse for the sake of portability. Also, if you're planning on adding stuff onto your computer, get yourself a desktop and not a laptop. While upgrading a laptop is not entirely impossible, it's often impossible to add elements like RAM and hard drives without shipping the entire computer back to the manufacturer. And even if you do decide to upgrade, you're still limited in the selection of extra equipment: Most laptops require that you install parts manufactured by the same company.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

However, laptops have their disadvantages, too. Because laptops are so compact, they are always a step behind desktops when it comes to capability and efficiency. You're going to have to sacrifice decent sound devices, keyboard comfort and your mouse for the sake of portability. Also, if you're planning on adding stuff onto your computer, get yourself a desktop and not a laptop. While upgrading a laptop is not entirely impossible, it's often impossible to add elements like RAM and hard drives without shipping the entire computer back to the manufacturer. And even if you do decide to upgrade, you're still limited in the selection of extra equipment: Most laptops require that you install parts manufactured by the same company.

Even though others are thinking that laptops are still recommendable than desktops because they are portable, there are disadvantages, and you're right with that.

Others do think that having a laptop makes you more comfortable, especially if you're a professional, or if you're engaged in business.

But others still prefer desktop because desktop has everything. Some laptops [notebooks] don't have a DVD drive, and that's important for some.

So with this, think twice before making a decision. Think and decide on what will suit you. Not everything that you want is visibly present in a product.

• 2 months later...

Even though others are thinking that laptops are still recommendable than desktops because they are portable, there are disadvantages, and you're right with that.

Others do think that having a laptop makes you more comfortable, especially if you're a professional, or if you're engaged in business.

But others still prefer desktop because desktop has everything. Some laptops [notebooks] don't have a DVD drive, and that's important for some.

So with this, think twice before making a decision. Think and decide on what will suit you. Not everything that you want is visibly present in a product.

I will always go with laptop as i generally prefer to do work while traveling and all other disadvantages like use of mouse and keyboard can be overcome by using an external keyboard and mouse.

I generally dont prefer to do work sitting at same place and so i will always prefer laptop then desktop.

• 3 weeks later...

I could have had a lot of use of this topic 2 months ago..... Bought me a new laptop that has been nothing else then problems.

I wonder yet if its me who just are a nutcase without brain when it comes to computer using or if its something really serious wrong with my laptop.

Just a quick advice for all that is bying one....Always and i mean make 100% sure you get the cd for windows!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

There are lots of laptops in the market. Best way to choose any laptop to follow step by step approach. First decide your requirements. Then decide the budget. 3rd step should be to go online and compare laptops which fulfill your requirements and also within budget and then buys it either online or offline. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

How to buy a new laptop ? Firstly you have to ask yourself one question -- What is your usage ? If your usage is a light one, just need it to surf internet, for working purposes and presentations, and you are always on the move, then a netbook will be more appropriate. If you are a heavy user and wish to gaming on laptop, then you need to get a gaming laptop. It is all about your usage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

ve had my own laptop for a while and when I installed Windows 10 on it I've had a problem with sysmain high cpu usage. Do you know how to solve it? Sometimes CPU usage ups to 100 percent and I can't even do anything. My laptop stops for a while. The only solution that I found is rebooting it. But there must be something else. Can anyone help me with that?

https://1nine.com/service-host-sysmain-causing-high-disk-or-high-cpu-usage/