Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum - Sponsored by 1xBit.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

1xBit

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

I Think Forex is Just Gambling , Do you?

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

I couldn't agree more. It is true that if a trader who surely careful and also type of hardwork trader will see forex as business not as gambling which is based on senseless guessing in most cases. As long as someone think like that it wouldn't change but overall still many people associated forex with gambling.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

Back to your perspection again, is forex really gambling or not? In fact some people still consider forex as gambling and still work on it because of big amount of profit that tyoeu could reap inside. Also according to me forex is not really gambling, it is a market where people will speculate about what happened and we are buying or selling currency not betting.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

Inherently sidejob it is not a gambling no matter how much similiarity, if based on your post before then it means that everday in our life by using that perspective means gambling. Is our life gambling? I don't think so. Forex has some similiarities but it is not just gambling, which purely based on luck unless you put math strategy there too LOL.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

Yes, i just point out that foreign exchange and gambling has some similiarities which make people think it is just another form of gambling, the same you can say to binary trading. FX in fact isn't gambling but closer to gambling, just that nothing more.

gaban

gaban

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,092 posts

In my perception, traders using many analysis before executing their order. It's different with gamblers who are never allowed to analyze those dice first and it's considered as cheating...

Ronnie Irani

Ronnie Irani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

I want to know why you have such mindset? It’s just certain people who can use it like gambling, but that’s pretty horrible category to be in given they are losers in most occasion and winners on very few countable moments, I really don’t want to be like that which is why I am in different mindset as trader. I take trading as straight forward and simple business which we can win consistently, if we have knowledge or experience, I don’t really think we can ever be getting success without those things and then we will obviously play out as gambling which it definitely is not and with conditions like I get with OctaFX broker at the moment, it makes it so much easier with small spread of 0.2 pips, high leverage up to 1.500 plus much more!

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

@Ronnie Irani : I don't think we should blame them all like loser in fact if you want to plunge deeper forex has gambling trait. Forex is uncertain and so do Gambling. I am sure you will face where the market already fundamentally cannot goes up or down but suddenly going against your expectation isn't it? That's gambling for you and people keep speculate until they don't know the high. But i don't want to say forex as gambling, forex is all about trading or speculating but with high risk

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

Foreign Exchange as we know today maybe gambling, people can treat it like gambling so the chance of this business to be a gambling is exist too. But myregister i also agree with what ronnie said. Some people blaming forex as gamble just because something unfortunate happen to them, this is fact and still happening. I think it is because of their low understanding of forex.

Alice Frampton

Alice Frampton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

If anyone thinks like that then I just suppose they are not aware of what gambling actually is, so it’s unfair to say about gambling when we don’t even have clue about it. I don’t think gambling is down to just double/triple type of stuff, but it’s called gambling due to majority of the success is down to luck, but in Forex this is not the case at least not, if we have knowledge and experience to work with. I consider it as a great business and one where I can make huge money and if we have got the correct support like I have in OctaFX, it only makes the case stronger especially with my favorite option of swap free account, it really makes trading easy.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

That won't give much effect to a trader who already had clue about what is forex and how it will works in fact a trader with that kind of thinking usually tend to lose more or even never have any experience with forex and only hear this issue about forex from someone who isn't earn well from forex.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

It is up to someone want to see foreign exchange as gambling, i have my own defenition of gambling but still see forex as legal and also different in most aspect than those gambling. Gambling is matter of luck but still you can win with mathematical model, but forex isn't just about luck or math model it is also about direct analysis and prediction.

kim

kim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Its not gambling although many traders trade in forex market in gambling style but that doesn't make entire forex market a gambling place. If you analyze the market properly and use good money management you can become a consistently generating profitable trader.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

It is fine if someone want to think forex just like gambling, since it is quite similiar but from my point of view foreign exchange is foreign exchange and gambling is gamling nothing makes them the same. In forex what we emphasized there is trading not gamble, while in gambling people emphasized gamble.

Ronnie Irani

Ronnie Irani

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Business is something that got very thin line between real work and gambling, if we are not able to figure out that line correctly then we could be losing heavily. When I started, I was very much gambling but down the years, I have finally learned and now, I have stopped gambling and finally started trading. I no longer take it as gambling, but real way of making money that can last forever. I trade with OctaFX broker and they got simply awesome facilities especially with the rebate program that helps me bring 15 dollars profits per lot size trade even on the losing trades too to make things fairly easy for me and allows me to get profits consistently.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

If you do it mathematically maybe that isn't a big issue, because there are a lot of people who earn money well from gambling but use mathematical formula. Forex in sense are gambling because something is uncertain, you just predict hope the price rise or fall and what worse that even fundamental data say one thing it could go otherwise later.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

If you said something like that then your life is gambling too, that is uncertain. You don't know what will happen to you and thus make you life as gambling. I also agree that forex if you put that requirements become a gambling, but for me forex is just another high risk business, because of its high liquidity even the lowest lot could be absorbed inside.

omar-profits

omar-profits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
I wonder from who say forex trading is a form of gambling as for me I don't think that is true because in forex you earn from the ability of knowledge you where able to gather here and that is just what make forex market

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

I wonder from who say forex trading is a form of gambling as for me I don't think that is true because in forex you earn from the ability of knowledge you where able to gather here and that is just what make forex market

Everyone has their own opinion about something including this one. I don't want to argue it in improper way but if you examine closer, Gamble and forex has few similiarity. In gambling, we can bet and earn faster while in forex we also able to do the same. There is an old word said that forex is the biggest game/gambling in this world.

skyrock

skyrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts
Forex trading is never and not a gambling forex is a good business which anybody can do so if you want to get the best from forex I think that the right thing is for you to learn first before proceed

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,069 posts

That is just your thought about gambling even i must admit its similiarity between those two. Overall, gambling and foreign exchange has different nature since gambling depend on pure luck like blackjack for example while in foreign exchange put your risk management would avoid further losses which actually isn't needed.