Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

I Think Forex is Just Gambling , Do you?

It is up to someone want to see foreign exchange as gambling, i have my own defenition of gambling but still see forex as legal and also different in most aspect than those gambling. Gambling is matter of luck but still you can win with mathematical model, but forex isn't just about luck or math model it is also about direct analysis and prediction.

Its not gambling although many traders trade in forex market in gambling style but that doesn't make entire forex market a gambling place. If you analyze the market properly and use good money management you can become a consistently generating profitable trader.

It is fine if someone want to think forex just like gambling, since it is quite similiar but from my point of view foreign exchange is foreign exchange and gambling is gamling nothing makes them the same. In forex what we emphasized there is trading not gamble, while in gambling people emphasized gamble.

• 4 weeks later...

Business is something that got very thin line between real work and gambling, if we are not able to figure out that line correctly then we could be losing heavily. When I started, I was very much gambling but down the years, I have finally learned and now, I have stopped gambling and finally started trading. I no longer take it as gambling, but real way of making money that can last forever. I trade with OctaFX broker and they got simply awesome facilities especially with the rebate program that helps me bring 15 dollars profits per lot size trade even on the losing trades too to make things fairly easy for me and allows me to get profits consistently.

• 2 weeks later...

If you do it mathematically maybe that isn't a big issue, because there are a lot of people who earn money well from gambling but use mathematical formula. Forex in sense are gambling because something is uncertain, you just predict hope the price rise or fall and what worse that even fundamental data say one thing it could go otherwise later.

If you said something like that then your life is gambling too, that is uncertain. You don't know what will happen to you and thus make you life as gambling. I also agree that forex if you put that requirements become a gambling, but for me forex is just another high risk business, because of its high liquidity even the lowest lot could be absorbed inside.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder from who say forex trading is a form of gambling as for me I don't think that is true because in forex you earn from the ability of knowledge you where able to gather here and that is just what make forex market

Everyone has their own opinion about something including this one. I don't want to argue it in improper way but if you examine closer, Gamble and forex has few similiarity. In gambling, we can bet and earn faster while in forex we also able to do the same. There is an old word said that forex is the biggest game/gambling in this world.

That is just your thought about gambling even i must admit its similiarity between those two. Overall, gambling and foreign exchange has different nature since gambling depend on pure luck like blackjack for example while in foreign exchange put your risk management would avoid further losses which actually isn't needed.

That is your own Assumption for sure forex is never a game I trade forex as business both as long term and short term business that is small time frame and large one and that is good for me so I keep on learning I never trade forex as game nor take it as game.

Yes SkyRock, we should take Forex as serious business and that will help us perform well. I never take Forex like game instead I take it very seriously which has helped me with performance and so far, I have found making profits easy especially with analyzing.

In my view forex is not like gambling however luck is also needed in forex trading but in gambling we entirely depend on our luck however in forex trading we have to use our skills, knowledge and control our emotions while doing it as well so I think forex trading is different from gambling.

In my view forex is not like gambling however luck is also needed in forex trading but in gambling we entirely depend on our luck however in forex trading we have to use our skills, knowledge and control our emotions while doing it as well so I think forex trading is different from gambling.

Gambling is quite different from Investment trading, irrespectively, once you bet you have no option for saving money in opposite results. Forex runs over market analysis and its technical interpretation, similarity is minor, both have two options like head and tell.

I agree with you jamante, people tend to see the similiarity of forex and gambling but never look at its differences which separate gambling from foreign exchange. If that is all about praying and hoping and that's all i do then fx is gambling but if you actively analyze the trend based on fact/indicators, avoid negative emotions and manage the risk in strict way then that is fx trading.

Forex trading is not game why must we conclude that way I never take forex as game if a trader dose that he stand a better chance to succeed and that is what forex is all about it is a good and nice business for all but firstly knowledge is needed

• 1 month later...

LOL again about this gambling issue. Let me get it straight , forex is just like gambling but is not gambling. It has many same things but has also different things. In forex we trade and speculate, buy and sell, but not gamble that could be done in gambling only. Risk management plays important part in forex while in gambling that it's not.

This mindset is easily gained because we don’t have enough knowledge and experience, but for people who gain knowledge and experience, it’s not going to be anything near gambling, but pure business. I have learned a lot whether it’s from Baby Pips or if it’s from my broker OctaFX where too they have excellent educational setup where we can learn so much that too from very straight forward setup and it’s seriously effective, so that’s I am able perform so nicely and always lead into great rewards for me while additional benefit for me is the demo contest available here with my broker, it’s incredible and helps in working so much especially to do with heavy prizes that comes up with these contest.

I think trader that treat forex like as gambling hence they will never long run and will get failure at first time trades or second trades, forex is real business but required good skill trading and need patience to waiting best timing enter in the market and forex is not get rich quick scheme, but this is educattion investment