All Pips

What Leverage Are You Using?

gaban

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1:400 the leverage i am using right now in the broker that i am using. So far some people that i answered said that is insane or too much high but in fact that is so much helpful to me, i can increase my earning well here with that leverage and help me to obtain bigger lot size with smaller amount as margin.

• 2 months later...

trading using high leverage will make us have a greater opportunity, but the risk is too great. for that we need to make the most leverage from the broker. And always use a good RM that will benefit us. For now I am more comfortable trading with leverage 1: 1000 in instaforex

leverage use to trade varies. if use 1:100 leverage ratio, traders can trade with 1 cent or 10 cent minimum lot size. such leverage ratio suits to those who trade with small capital. while if traders has big capital on trading account, they can choose to use higher more leverage ratio.

This is totally wrong assumption. Leverage ratio is base on our trading capital not on lot size. So you can't say that a 1:100 leverage has 1 to 10 cent value per lot size. Because you can't put a value on a leverage. In fact having a cent account, a lite account a mini account a micro account has different effect and value even if you use he same 1:100 leverage.

leverage from the broker is very profitable for traders because of the leverage that we will be able to trade with small capital of $ 1 especially if we can trade with substantial leverage the benefits will be greater so it is advantageous for us

• 2 months later...

At the moment i am using 1:200 leverage, i think that is the best leverage for me since i can get better offers with that, overall with my more than $500 capitals right now i can hold position longer with that leverage and also giving me more chance to make profit.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mostly will prefer 1:100 ali. That is standard and most of traders think that is not too high nor too low. I see few brokers that offer around 1:1000 which is not make any sense at all, i also think is there any brokers that really want to offer leverage as high as that?

leverage is helpful for traders who trade using small capital, using small capital because it will allow us to trade with larger volume if we can choose high leverage. But we also need to be careful with leverage because  trading with high leverage have risk is very large

• 1 month later...

yeah with such leverage, I wouldnt go over 0.5 unless im pretty damn sure about what im doing, best of luck with your trades.. people should really learn content with what little profit smaller accounts can generate, some expect a 10k income a month from a 2k account, yeah its doable but thats way way too risky, might work but the oddes of blowing it up is big.. if i end a month (like last august) with a break even or close to break even then im happy, coz its way better than a lose! 

leverage is helpful for traders who trade using small capital, using small capital because it will allow us to trade with larger volume if we can choose high leverage. But we also need to be careful with leverage because  trading with high leverage have risk is very large

But at what leverage you are trading with? Many traders prefer some leverage while think that the other leverage are nonsense for them. I prefer 1:200 right now but up to 1:500 still normal moreover with the highest risk you will ever get, also by using right leverage which suitable to our trading style we may get more and more profit.

if a trader is new to forex trading, leverage would be the least of his concernts, one should maintain a leverage or lower than 1:500 at start, just play with it learn the trade, the tricks and the techniques, never rush with forex, i have seen people burn money, like wild forest fires, its a waste. keep it contained at firest and increase gradually, I started with a micro account at hotforex with a leverage of 1:500, but decided as the account grew to lower the risk of each trade and the leverage. 

1:200, i want to increase it to 1:400 once again but it seems that i must have bigger capital if i must do that it should be around $700 if i don't make any mistake and my last month loss is $100 which is quite big. Overall i think use approriate leverage would help traders a lot. It will increase their total capacity to bigger extent.

• 2 weeks later...