gaban

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Leverage is useful feature in forex trading, however, choosing leverage also need to wise because use high leverage could leading traders being greedy, and the most reason whjy traders get fail is they can't control emotion and becomes greed inthe uncertain market. Different broker maybe offer different maximum leverage, in FXOpen max leverage is 1:500.

I trade with an ASIC-regulated broker, FP Markets, using their offshore licence from St. Vincent and a leverage of 500:1.

I've been using it for a couple of years, and so far no major issues have occurred, even the execution is faster at 26 ms.

On 6/5/2023 at 2:43 AM, radex78 said:

Beginners suggested using small leverage because of still unstable emotions, one loss trading could make a bigger loss because of emotion, which high leverage can lead the trader to be greedy. 

Higher leverages can claim higher risks as well so always better to start with low leverage and increase it if needed in future.

On 7/20/2023 at 11:20 PM, nanamage said:

Have you at FxOpen ever experienced a margin call due to high leverage?

I have been trading with FXOpen broker for more than 9 years, margin call I think is normal in the process of learning, all traders I think had experience margin calls, if not, it's only 1 from 1000 traders.

Low leverage will prevent greedy trading because when only use small capital will not be sufficient funds to open new position orders. Choosing higher leverage gives more chances to make trades, however, the risk also increases when traders are greedy. So be wise using trading margin..

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trading for a couple of years now, and I prefer trading with a higher leverage, so I choose to trade with FP Markets, where the leverage offered is 500:1, though it only provides it with its offshore licence, so there are no issues like spreads widening or servers freezing.

• 3 weeks later...

Traders need to be wise in choosing leverage, because the leverage function is like we take loan from the broker to make a bigger transaction, in one side could boost profit, but on the other side, it could make a big loss in a single trade. Using 1:500 leverage if we can control decisions and always use the smallest lot size 0.01 lot is no matter

• 2 weeks later...

Choosing leverage, traders need to understand to their needs, leverage is like loan to broker because with higher leverage allows trader make higher position size, however the risk also higher because when traders using bigger lot size, hence will reduced margin level, and low margin level could lead quick margin call.

• 2 weeks later...

How to safe trading is one way traders must be wise when choosing leverage, despite the broker offering high leverage, for safe trading, we can set low leverage to prevent margin calls not all funds are lost but still leave some bucks, In Ticktrader account FXOpen I hear the maximum leverage increased to 1:1000.

Some of the brokers are able to provide the leverage from 1: 500. But the experienced and professional traders say that there is no such need for these risks, and for the normal trading process the leverage of 1: 100 is quite enough. Many traders, especially the beginners who just start their Forex career, apply the leverage and do not take into account all the risks that are formed by using it in trading. If the trader ignores such risk of the leverage using, the applying of leverage capital may provoke the complete deposit loss. FYI FreshForex increase the highest leverahe to 1:2000 for Classic MetaTrader 5 accounts.

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2023 at 2:07 PM, boltushkin said:

Been sticking to 1:100 leverage for the last two years with Hotforex, sometimes there are opportunities when I feel I should take higher risk than usual, this is when high leverage becomes useful. Though it doesn't happen too often maybe 1-2 times a month. 

We need to do our trading with a Safe leverage settings so that the risks will remain as the minimal and the income will remain stable for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Using leverage should be wise, at FXOpen Ticktrader accounts now offer leverage of up to 1:1000, however using high leverage not only increases the profit potential but also increases the risk. If you are a high-tempered trader, using low leverage can prevent over-trading