Are you using EA when trading?

gaban

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, nanamage said:

Be careful in choosing robots and brokers. SuntonFX makes all member margin calls at the same time. We recommend that if you want to be serious about forex trading, learn to trade manually instead of depending on robots.

That's why  I always tell beginners to start trading with trusted well-known brokers like Hotforex which are properly regulated. The risk of scam is 0 in this case. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I do not trade with an EA; I trade mostly through my broker, FP Markets, because the spreads are tighter and the commission costs are lower than those of most ecn brokers, at $6 per round lot.

Compared to manual trading, EA trading is a lot more expensive, and the profit earned when trading manual is higher, but the risk of using an EA is lower.

Using ea indeed gives benefits like ea being able to work all day long without being tired, however, depends on ea itself, good ea of course already able to survive more than two years and still profitable, it is not wrong if any traders has profitable trading strategies then created ea based its strategy

I agree with a few comments that EA trading is way more expensive than manual trading. Choosing a broker that is suitable can be advantageous.

For example, I use FP Markets because the spreads start at 0.0 pips in EURUSD with the lowest commission cost of $6 per round lot.

I think nowadays there are so many traders around the world from big to small traders using trading bots to autiomatically trading work all day long, one advantage using trading bots is can work 24 hours without tired. However not all trading bots is profitable, if you have a good trading strategy can ask to programmer create trading bots based your trading strategy.

On 5/5/2023 at 4:18 PM, Paul12 said:

No, I prefer trading manual since EA trading is expensive, and using a broker like FP Markets, the commission costs and spreads are lower when compared to other similar brokers.

In manual trading we can measure the risk level properly in the plan trading, trading using robot need additional costs like hiring VPS and some robot designed for big capital. Trading with FXOpen, I often work manual trading too.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I prefer using manual trading because it costs less compared to EA, and since I trade with FP Markets, the commission cost and minimum balance are lower and more affordable, with spreads starting at 0.0 pips and execution being the fastest at 26 milliseconds.

I see, there are so many traders who like manual trading, using robots or manual trading has its own pros and cons, manual trading is cheaper than trading using a robot, and the risk itself depends on the how trading performance of the trader itself or the robot itself.

Using an EA can offer several advantages. Firstly, it eliminates the emotional aspect of trading, as decisions are made based on programmed rules rather than human impulses. This can help reduce the impact of fear or greed on trading outcomes. Additionally, EAs can operate 24/7, continuously scanning the markets for potential opportunities, which would be challenging for a human trader.

However, it's important to note that using an EA does not guarantee success in trading. Market conditions can change rapidly, and the effectiveness of an EA depends on the accuracy and adaptability of its underlying strategy. Traders need to carefully choose and test EAs, ensuring they align with their trading goals and risk tolerance.

Ultimately, the decision to use an EA when trading depends on individual preferences and strategies. Some traders rely solely on EAs, while others combine automated systems with manual trading. It's essential to understand the limitations and risks associated with EAs and regularly evaluate their performance to make informed trading decisions.

copy trading

On 12/15/2022 at 8:25 PM, James Mcgrant said:

No, I prefer trading manually since EAs can be expensive and manual trading seems more profitable than EAs for me.

Indeed using ea need more cost, like hiring VPS, and if getting ea with buying ea also needs cost, sometimes seller crazy offer their ea with highly expensive, and yet not all ea can work with small capital. In manual trading, we can manage the risk-based own preference.

• 1 month later...

I've been trading manually; finding a solid EA has been difficult for me. I tried various EAs, but they all ended up destroying my account; therefore, I prefer manual trading with FP Markets since I can limit risk depending on my personal tastes. Hiring an EA is more expensive than hiring a VPS.

Now I see there are so many ads promoting automatic trading-based AI, seems development trading using algorithms also enhanced to using the latest technology, however, depends on trader will choose manually or use robot the risk forex is remain there.

• 5 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 3:39 AM, radex78 said:

Now I see there are so many ads promoting automatic trading-based AI, seems development trading using algorithms also enhanced to using the latest technology, however, depends on trader will choose manually or use robot the risk forex is remain there.

We will need to make such kind of trades that can help us in better understanding of the markets.