Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Are you a long term or short term trader

euro

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I amĀ  a long term and short term trader. I am trying to maintain 20 trading accounts so I can trade long term and short term depends on how big or how small my trading capital is. In the long run profit is really good if I can sustain and maintain my trading account. I do hope that I can guarantee myself some success in here in the long run. Profit is really good for me.

Do you do long term or short term? Which one has proved to be more profitable? I trade long term only after I noticed more profit for sure on long term trades and less profit on short term trades. Scalping is way too risky for me but possible but the pips movement is way too low but in long term trade, the pips is very high in movement. So, I guess I will focus on long term trade to lose less and gain more. How about you?Ā 

Both still profitable dude, i have been traded with both ways. It is all about preferences i think. Like me i prefer short term trading, since i see that my position always be closed up to around 30 hours after i opened it. Usually around the range of 1-5 hours.

I'm intraday trader, but some time i also be long term trader too.Ā  The most important in forex is we know what the best trading strategy for us. I think if we be long term traders, we must have large enough capital for trading. For new trader, be short term trader is better than be long term trader.

Trading in Forex is beneficial both ways. What I think is that which the trader on his own earns. Forex sometimes don't really mean earning so much of a fund in the real sense and it's not also about losing all your capital. The real factor lies between earning that which is considerable fine for you as a trader.

But we must consider of losing our capital since forex is a risky business for traders. Also this thing affected to the way we see foreign exchange overall. Long term and Short term will affect how will we use our capital and what kind of technique that we use later to achieve our profit.

• 1 month later...

I am able to do both, as when I started I was mainly a scalper (short term), but now I have learned to trade long term as well, it is necessary because scalping s too risky. I also thankful to OctaFX my broker, as they have provided me ideal conditions which helps in all styles. They have extremely low spread of just 0.2 pips for majority of the pair, therefore scalping is perfect there while with long term we can use their swap free account to carry the trade as long as we like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is also depend on your strategy, not all those scalping techniques could bring a lot of profit just in short time for you. I saw many traders who tempt this strategy loss a lot of money too.Ā I personally think that scalping is a bit risky with our willingness to bear bigger loss and only want to get small profit.

• 3 weeks later...

@rizwarnramzan: The defenition is somewhat blur but i think short term as a trader that never close their position in more than 24 hours. As per defenition if you closed mostly or all your position or if you use SL and it touch your SL points tin less than 24 hours then you are a short term one. If you ask me? I am short term too,since mostly my position closed below 24 hours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Based on my trading experience and also the time that i need to close my position i am really a short term trader, especially if the market is totally following the trend and quite volatile, my position even could be closed in less than one hour.

A short term trader is usually a trader who opens and closes his trade within a short period of time. Short term traders are further divided into very short term traders and those who might be classified as mid term traders. It all lies in whether you close your trade within the shortest possible time or you allow it linger for a very long period of time.

If you are still a newbie in Forex trading, then it is better that you look at Forex as a business of long term because you may end up finding it so difficult to cope when you try to trade short term. Short term trading is better for those of them who can handle it whereas for the newbie trader, it is better to trade in long term in other to understand it more.

• 2 months later...

If you can handle your short term trading that is not a big matter, long term trader is actually for someone who have far insight of the market, to be honest it is not easy to make analysis about long term investment in forex. Short term preffered because it is more plausible, as long as that is not scalping.

• 1 month later...

I am more to short term trader rather than long term trader, i said that i am a short term trader because my position usually closed so fast i don't know why, but it is usually less than one and half days based on what i see in my account. Whether i reach SL or TP all depend on that.

• 2 weeks later...

So based on Kim and Sidejob posts we can concluded that there are some traders who prefer long term trading such as Kim Ā but there is a short term trader who prefer trading such as intraday trading or scalping such as Me or Sidejob here. In fact Short term or Long term is not even matter, trade and manage the risk is what you should do, and before you do yours make sure you already know the risk of it.

I like short time trade.Ā This system, much beloved to novice traders, is the smaller size of positions, and lesser emotional turmoil if something goes wrong. A long-term position will usually build up over time, and in the case of market chaos, the size of the position at risk can be a lot bigger. Since the short-term trader will not usually hold any position for more than a day at most, his risk in a single trade is easier to control, and less emotional pressure is felt as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Since it is easier but the next problem is that long term strategy you had gives you much earning or you can predict the trend easily? Of course not always like that. Long term position also the same, since i see short term trading tend to end trading in relatively shorter time, this is why many novice traders love it.

• 4 weeks later...

And i also love it, to be exact i am not someone who targetting such a high pips for just one single trading, at most 100 pips and i rarely acheived it if i don't make any mistake, 2 times. My position ended up between 40-70 pips. Pretty low but my position usually closed in less than 48 hours this what makes me love news based trading.

I like doing both style of trading, as I believe thatā€™s the way we can get towards real success, but if we become one dimensional then we are likely to struggle. I have massive advantage thanks to TradeWiseFx, as they are a brilliant broker with having ECN Pro account where spread starts from zero. Also, I donā€™t need to worry over delay in execution, as itā€™s all instant.

I prefer short term trading since that will bring more benefit for me, i also don't have to worry about big losses since my SL is relatively lower rather than long term trading where i need to put high SL and means longer floating loss position. Also news based trading usually ended up shorter than any kind of swing trading.Ā So love it or not i will be stick with short term trading.