Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Long term trade for newbie

euro

@gaban: Since its main basis is short term of course scalpers will use it logically that way more feasible rather than long term, but this one is for newbie not just for scalpers. Long term for newbie is fine, no one deny it is not fine. If newbies want they could learn from it and make profit from long term trading.

• 2 months later...

I think you're right sidejob, it is true that some people said that long term is not good but i think it once gain that is not true. I mean each strategy has its own good and bad things which people should reconsider before start to choose it, in this case long term which is fine if traders already know the risk/bad things and its advantage or good things.

Long term trading is likely good but now if you get involve in the long term trading you will make good amount of money on occational basis but aside from this short term trading is also the best for those who have limited experience as regards trading so this is what that actually happen in here.

Forex trading will give you what you want but that have to be when your personal skills are well fixed

@tray22: That's true, all kind of trading is the best for the one who feel their trading the best one. For newbie they can learn either long term or short term. Long term for sure will emphasize deep insight plus more less strict risk management, since newbie want to learn this they must be patience.

Many stratefgy in forex trading and as trader actually they can learn from many source to trying strategy and system trading, if they like with scalping and develop skill in this strategy it will good if they seriously, but if like with long term trading it making comfortabnle for them if they like with these strategy

I feel also that long term trading would be quite beneficial to a newbie more. Setting a long term target and working towards achieving it over a longer period of time would most likely favor a new trader than when he sets it on a shorter term that would be discouraged by losses. 

I think you're right sidejob, it is true that some people said that long term is not good but i think it once gain that is not true. I mean each strategy has its own good and bad things which people should reconsider before start to choose it, in this case long term which is fine if traders already know the risk/bad things and its advantage or good things.

It seems we arrived at the same conclusion about this, and yes long term or short term is depend on the newbie, also to that experts alike first they are newbie who stick with one strategy(short or long) and then turning it into their advantages which turned into profits when they become experienced traders. So the last line is long term is good for newbie but short term is good for newbie too.

It seems we arrived at the same conclusion about this, and yes long term or short term is depend on the newbie, also to that experts alike first they are newbie who stick with one strategy(short or long) and then turning it into their advantages which turned into profits when they become experienced traders. So the last line is long term is good for newbie but short term is good for newbie too.

The most expert one is the one who can decide whenever he wants to use short or long term trading in the current market situation, and we suppose to take their example.

Did you know that long term trading requires deep insight and more factor to count? It is not like scalping where you execute your positions in minutes or even seconds. Your SL should be deep also, since it meant for long term. Imagine if newbie could cope with 100 pips loss? Well the return should be nice maybe around 150 pips or even more, but the risk of losing also big. If your SL just around 10-20 pips for the sake of small amount of loss then that is not long term but more to scalping.

Did you know that long term trading requires deep insight and more factor to count? It is not like scalping where you execute your positions in minutes or even seconds. Your SL should be deep also, since it meant for long term. Imagine if newbie could cope with 100 pips loss? Well the return should be nice maybe around 150 pips or even more, but the risk of losing also big. If your SL just around 10-20 pips for the sake of small amount of loss then that is not long term but more to scalping.

Maybe will better if using stop loss and target profit that still reasonable plan,if use small stop loss also will better use target profit equivalent with stop loss value for learning,some trader use risk reward ratio at least 1:1 and this still can to learn how to trying using system trading that giving more winning trades which this also need practice with trial and error to finding profitable system

My own preference is that TP must be equal with SL, the ideal one is actually where Take Profit is twice than Stop Loss so in this case i put 30 pips on my Stop Loss then It should be as low as 30 pips for my Take Profit, and the ideal one is 60 pips. Usually i set at around 150% from my current SL, with use previous example then it is around 45 pips or up to 50 pips.

• 2 weeks later...

My own preference is that TP must be equal with SL, the ideal one is actually where Take Profit is twice than Stop Loss so in this case i put 30 pips on my Stop Loss then It should be as low as 30 pips for my Take Profit, and the ideal one is 60 pips. Usually i set at around 150% from my current SL, with use previous example then it is around 45 pips or up to 50 pips.

Your own preference is a common thing, i use the same with 2:1 which means more profit and loss. Logically, if I make profit first then i need 2 consecutive loss to create a condition where i don't earn even a single cents from my previous trading. By the way, long term trading is better it gives another point of view to traders who just started their own trading, Long term or Short term for newbie is not a big deal.

Your own preference is a common thing, i use the same with 2:1 which means more profit and loss. Logically, if I make profit first then i need 2 consecutive loss to create a condition where i don't earn even a single cents from my previous trading. By the way, long term trading is better it gives another point of view to traders who just started their own trading, Long term or Short term for newbie is not a big deal.

Yes i know about that and this is why i choose it as my preference because it is common and since it is common, many people from over the world has been proven this one. Also logically by that thing i need to spend less time because usually 150% is easier to reached rather than 200%, well i don't mean yours are not good i just want more certainity with lower pips target

That’s correct mate, we should understand our strength and weakness, so that way we can focus on working through the strengths and avoiding weakness, but of course, it’s not easy thing to do but if we’re dedicated then we will do well.[/size]

We need always keep learning although it's not easy, we learn about the trend market behaviour and trying to determine best timing making entry point and learn to take reasonable target which giving easiness to achieved, if likely our target is too hard hence we can try put target on reasonable target according the trend market behaviour

we must learn because this business isn't easy so we must remain on good trading plan so that we will get a profit in forex trading.so then we will be able to survive in forex trading.So that the maximum result we can get it again.and we need to continue to improve trading skills

Long term trading for newbie sometimes painful and confusing sometimes not, and for impatient newbie they will find this kind of trading is boring and fruitless. Some people love it but to be able to trade in long term someone need patience, it would be good if that is an extreme patience. Long term seeks for big profit but in over long period of time.

Oh yes for impatient traders who still newcomers they will find hard to trade with long term since long term needs more patience from that trader itself. Also putting that aside the risk is still high isn't it?  But still there would be first time for everything, for newbie who want to walk the path of long term trading they can start to trade early but make sure it is in demo account first.

Oh yes for impatient traders who still newcomers they will find hard to trade with long term since long term needs more patience from that trader itself. Also putting that aside the risk is still high isn't it?  But still there would be first time for everything, for newbie who want to walk the path of long term trading they can start to trade early but make sure it is in demo account first.

Yes, the risk is high for them since logically long term trader willing to sacrifice bigger pips in order to get bigger pips, right? 30 - 40 pips still low enough. I know there is first time for everything and this is why a newcomers should think before start to do that, is long term good enough for them. At least if they trade in demo account they should see the result, which long term is suitable to their type or not.

• 10 months later...

Whether we do long term trading or short term, it must be done with careful way. I love doing long term trading where I get great help through OctaFX broker with their epic setting that include swap free account, as it helps me with not having to pay overnight charges and any such issues, so it really keeps it all comfortable and ease. I also like it more with their 24/5 support that’s helping us all the time and makes it ever easy.

Whether we do long term trading or short term, it must be done with careful way. I love doing long term trading where I get great help through OctaFX broker with their epic setting that include swap free account, as it helps me with not having to pay overnight charges and any such issues, so it really keeps it all comfortable and ease. I also like it more with their 24/5 support that’s helping us all the time and makes it ever easy.

Long terms without overnight charges? This is sound absurd but long term must rethink the cost aside from spread which is the overnight fees too, it is good if you long AUDUSD or other currency which has positive overnight fees but the one with negative overnight fees will give you more cost and burden also means to reach more profit will take the long road.

Long terms without overnight charges? This is sound absurd but long term must rethink the cost aside from spread which is the overnight fees too, it is good if you long AUDUSD or other currency which has positive overnight fees but the one with negative overnight fees will give you more cost and burden also means to reach more profit will take the long road.

Why absurd? There are muslim traders as well. And their beliefs does not let them paying or receiving overnight fees. So they can trade swap free. But it is a limited function.

Long term might be charged fee or swap. And it also need huge amount to hold trading position. Just be ready with the risk. For now, I still trade short term in FXB trading. Even I get the best comfortable   trading condition with low spread in this broker

Long term might be charged fee or swap. And it also need huge amount to hold trading position. Just be ready with the risk. For now, I still trade short term . Even I get the best comfortable   trading condition with low spread in this broker

To run a good trading that we certainly always to continue to do with the process that we run in achieving maximize the ability of trading. We run a good trading must always have a maximum of skill and ability so that we can simplify the course of trading to generate profits

To run a good trading that we certainly always to continue to do with the process that we run in achieving maximize the ability of trading. We run a good trading must always have a maximum of skill and ability so that we can simplify the course of trading to generate profits

For the long term trading i think that for each newbies should understand the fact that long term trading will be bring more chance to make money but also chance to lose. We are trying to avoid this discussion because of the want to think that long term is okay for anyone, but that is not since each trader have their own version of what is a good strategy or not.