Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How much should you trade per day

euro

I dont think there is a standard on how much you may trade a day a week or even in a month, but in risk managements, for account 10,000 you may risk up to 2% in each trade, of course for starters to lessen the pain of a losing trade, but i may go up to 10-15% depending on what tpe of trading i do. 3 years of trading with hotforex and i still try to keep a good risk management to avoid blowing an account. 

That is too low, i know that would make you safe, but i think forex is all about the risk, by increasing 1%-3% from that your 2% recommendation. As for 10%-15% i think it is not that safe, also if you are ready to take much loss around 3%-5% are the best amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And make sure to trade only during a certain time where the condition allow something like that to be happen, you can trade everyday but make sure your target per day is small and if you want bigger than do a long term trading not trade everyday because it is not easy to analyze the market trend also once you open position the only option is to close it.

• 2 weeks later...

If a trader realizes that earning is not based on the amount of times he spends trading daily, then he would also realize that it doesn't matter if he is trading everyday or not. There are more to trading than just trading daily or more frequently. We all trade to earn and that is the brain behind being a good trader.

Well this thing depends on the market as well as ourselves that is our skills, if we can manage more than one trade per day we should go for it but we should not over-do anything in forex trading because that leads to loss in my view so keeping within our limits is the best thing to do even in forex.

Yes, that is right, i also think the same that we should trade depend on the market condition at that moment or depend on how good we are when it comes to analyze the market trend. It requires more time for us to reach that state, but with more training we will know how much trade we should per day.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the more we trade in forex the more chances we got to make profit and i think this is good for you and to me, but the market of forex is so dynamic, everything could change in few seconds or even in few minutes. So trade during right time is good and you can achieve that by observe the market first.

we are trade daily by perform scalp or day trading technique. however, do not expect to generate profits everyday. sometimes, we are make mistakes and perform bad trades, so, we are suffering loss result. do not rush, tried to keep remain patient and effective.

I agree with your last paragraph post. If you trade better, then you can earn money everyday but don't expect for so big amount of money. I see daily trading become a small profit per day. Remember generating profit everyday is not easy and burdening me so much.

if we are want to trade, mean that we should tried to learn how to perform proper analysis. no chance to make profit when we are trade reckless or rely on luck only. do not rush, make sure that we are able to make good result and gain consistency, before we are start to trade on live account.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there are no something like how much you should trade per day, since it is all about calculating the risk and to be honest the best trading is a trading that has quality not just quantity, so i prefer one trading but with bigger quality which means that my TP target achieved with nice sum lot size compared to trade multiple times but finding hard time to realize the profit.

• 1 month later...

I think for a newbie trader, it's not good to trade a large amount of money daily. In forex trading newbie traders must start by investing small amount of money and earning profit by them. After they become well experienced and have good knowledge about forex market. Then the trader can think of investing large amount of money.

I think if we asked this kind of question the answer wil be various depend on the one who answer this question. Personally i would go once in one chance, if the chance is available today and tomorrow why not? That is not a big deal if we could grab more profit, but you must remember never forcing yourself.

• 1 month later...

For me its not a question of how much since I trade base on the market volatility. So if the trend is moving sideways then I am sure I will have hard time trading. I only make money if the market is volatile. So I can't say how much I earn on daily basis. But I can say I can earn 20 dollars a week on average on each account that I have.

If sideways or the trend is not clear for me i wil call it for a day, there is another chance tomorrow, i never want to risk myself too much with betting or waiting. When it is volatile of course anyone want to plunge into it as long as that is not zig zag, if the trend is clear and we could predict it well then it is time to enter and open a position.

If sideways or the trend is not clear for me i wil call it for a day, there is another chance tomorrow, i never want to risk myself too much with betting or waiting. When it is volatile of course anyone want to plunge into it as long as that is not zig zag, if the trend is clear and we could predict it well then it is time to enter and open a position.

Trading in sideways for sure is a bad idea, i don't want to trade in that time too ever. So for me that is out of options, volatile is good only when you know the trend and overall trend is clear, i mean it could rise or fall but not so much and overall trend(in long term stil rise or fall).

• 3 years later...

Each trader needs to trade according to his trading plan. And a trading plan can help him to carry put his trading movements towards his objective of earning money from the currency exchanges. However, how much money a trader will spend on each trader or how many trades he will take participate will greatly rely on the trading plan he is actually using. A trader must be careful in crafting his trading preparation.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should trade daily as much as you are able to allow yourself to invest. Of course, it is not a secret the beginners have to spend couple of years in practicing and studying.

Not a good idea. Trade when opportunity presents itself and not as much as you can. A trader will lose his capital if he or she does so.