Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Long term trading for newbie will be more profitable

euro

@milo: If we use our logic if our position is open for long time, there is a risk for our position. What is the guarantee that you will earn big with long term trading? What will happen if you loss? Do you loss less? i mean around only 10 pips or so?

If you use logic then you will know that you need to learn fundamental and technical analysis, risk and money management and different type of strategy to make a successful trade. Now about long term and short term strategy. Its obvious that you don't have any idea how long term and how short term strategy works. I did long term and in three months I started to make profit. I trade also short term and its took me a year to breakeven.

If you use logic then you will know that you need to learn fundamental and technical analysis, risk and money management and different type of strategy to make a successful trade. Now about long term and short term strategy. Its obvious that you don't have any idea how long term and how short term strategy works. I did long term and in three months I started to make profit. I trade also short term and its took me a year to breakeven.

You put all the people on the same shoes, in long term strategy we hold position for longer time which means the risk is higher isn't it? Simple logic, but the profit also could be big. I never see anyone that do long term trading but only put 10 SL or a bit higher. This is why i said it has bigger risk because you also has bigger chance to make more money.

• 2 weeks later...

This thing again depends on the newbies skills and I think that newbies should go for day trading mainly and not prolong their trades into next days in this manner they might be able to make more profits than they would by leaving their trades on onto the next day since they do not have that much capability to make that much a good analysis.

• 1 month later...

newbies has no good understanding since they are take no learning and training. however, when they are start to perform learning, open demo account and practice there, they'll start to get information regarding with market. how high the risk is and how to make it stand minimize.

Long-time trading is the best for a newbie since it will stop confusion and avoid vices like gambling which are dangerous for a forex trader.The amount of risk involved is minimal as compared to a trader who is dealing with short-term trading.I love trading with long-term  target since i can get to place the best market leverages.

Well, one thing that i want to ask how long this long term trading? and if they loss how much pips that they should bear? 100 pips? 200 pips? Well this is long term trading isn't it for newbie? they must know that if the position that they opened from the start already exposed to the risk of losing. So for me, long or short is not a big matter as long as that new trader know what they did and what is the risk behind of it.

• 2 weeks later...

You must considering your loss, if you only thinking profit without thinking of the worst thing that could happen how can you attain that profit? High Profit means High Risk and so on. Long term gives all traders chance of obtain higher profit but their opening position exposed to more losses.

• 1 month later...

Yes you are right long term trading is highly profitable for newbies in forex market. Newbie traders can work by relying on long term trades to earn more profits. In this way they can reduce the amount of loss and earn reasonable profit.

I do agree that long term is profitable and also if we look at long term strategy their pips target usually around hundred or even more. But do you know how much loss you should bear? I mean how much SL you would set so your TP is at around let say 100? All kind of strategy for newbie are adequate so it is depend on newbie itself when it comes to learn about it.

• 2 months later...

This not depend on what kind of trading you do, but it is all about the skills that turn one trading become more profitable than before. I don't see long term will be more profitable but your pips range must be high if you prefer long termt trading and if you have skill, you may earn bigger than short term trading.

• 5 months later...

This is depend on your skills and understanding, long term trading for newbie won't be more profitable than short term if you don't know how to exploit long term trading and in the end make profit from it. Long term trading for newbie i think as a good way to obtain profit but mostly newbie will prefer short term because easier to trade even the profit isn't so big.

Frankly speaking, it not something to be really worried over because it won’t make much of a difference, if one is doing long term trading or short term, it is all about doing it with proper planning. I trade with Nova FX broker given they have outstanding service where they don’t charge anything on overnight trades, so that too is seriously helpful for me for long term trading and allows me to be successful especially when we are talking about long term only.

I think long term trading needs specific skill o do .Newbie can not cope with it . They have to learn the art for long term trading. How to plan , how to wait for particular time and skill to manage trades in market  . After some experience of trading they will be able to manage their plan either long term is better for them or short term. 

Of course, do you expect someone can predict the market movement so far away? That is not make any sense, newbie cannot simply do that just in few days or months or even years. The problem is that we want newbie to earn from long term trading in such a shorter period, in fact they should learn about long term trading first, i guarantee with that they won't touch real account for many months.

• 2 weeks later...
It is funny when someone think that long term trading is safe or more profitable than scalping. Logically it is very hard to predict the long term of forex. Market could change drastically and we even could lose bigger amount of money. Also we must ready to lose huge money in order to get bigger money.

It is not always the case, there is a time where long term trading will only bring demise to trader. Long term trading also actually not really suitable if a trader doesn't have any knowledge and experience about it. The profit would be so big since long term depend on high number of pips than scalping or intraday trading.

• 4 months later...

Long term trading will be profitable depend on the trader's view about that. Long term trading sometimes profitable sometimes not. There are some traders who are matched with that kind of technique while there are some who can do better with short term strategy maybe like scalping or other intraday trading technique.

Long term trading will be profitable depend on the trader's view about that. Long term trading sometimes profitable sometimes not. There are some traders who are matched with that kind of technique while there are some who can do better with short term strategy maybe like scalping or other intraday trading technique.

But it doesn't change the fact that people get profit by trading through this way isn't it? It is clear that long term if you can handle it in proper way will bring more chance for people to reach better profit. Also many people advise people to stick with a long term strategy.

But it doesn't change the fact that people get profit by trading through this way isn't it? It is clear that long term if you can handle it in proper way will bring more chance for people to reach better profit. Also many people advise people to stick with a long term strategy.

True it doesn't change slightly or in big size but still short term is useful. So this is why i said short term strategy is working well. Moreover, long term doesn't work with some people. Just look how many people who still use long term trading? Of course a lot of them use it but the one who doesn't prefer long term strategy as their min strategy still survive too and advise it to the other people, right?

True it doesn't change slightly or in big size but still short term is useful. So this is why i said short term strategy is working well. Moreover, long term doesn't work with some people. Just look how many people who still use long term trading? Of course a lot of them use it but the one who doesn't prefer long term strategy as their min strategy still survive too and advise it to the other people, right?

Maybe each rader also have own choice with strategy that will implement on real trading, if likely any trader felt suitable with short term plan trading hence they can trade with these strategy, and if we prefer work as long term plan trading we can use these strategy, all strategy having goal to making profit but risk also still there

Sure all trading strategy will posses some kind of risk which maybe turn trader's account for trader into nothing. This is why we need risk management, but in this case long term trading is not more profitable than short term , short term has its own advantage over long term and vice versa.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure all trading strategy will posses some kind of risk which maybe turn trader's account for trader into nothing. This is why we need risk management, but in this case long term trading is not more profitable than short term , short term has its own advantage over long term and vice versa.

Surely, we must try to minimize the risk in forex trading. Long term and short term, the most important is we must try to minimize the risk.