Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

WHAT MAKE YOU TO LOOSE IN FOREX TRADING

The false ego mistakes come from a mixture of false pride and bravado and are the most dangerous mistakes to make. The trader, generally a beginner or intermediate — call him Trader A — gets an opinion in his head about market direction. His analysis may have even been sound, but his opinion keeps him from reading/seeing the signs that a change is occurring in the market he has targeted. He subconsciously see the changes, but false pride is the devil, and blocks the information from making it into his conscious decision making process. The change he needs to see may even be pointed out to him by a fellow trader –Trader B– but Trader A’s false ego blocks this because he knows “I’m smarter than Trader B…In fact I think it’s a good idea to fade Trader B”.

Trader A is also likely to be someone who is accustomed to being listened to. He may have been upper management in a company, or even owned the company. “People better listen to me” is how he sees it. He is likely more accustomed to talking rather than listening.

Despite trader A’s previous success’ Mother Market will bring him down quickly. Any early success he has in the market will only make for bigger losses down the road as he gets caught in the spiral of trying to make up for lost money and still make money. He doesn’t just want to get his money back; he wants that and then some. His time is valuable. He is going to make the market pay.

Well we all know how that works out, which is to say we won’t be seeing Trader A around for long.

Then there is Trader C, who is a nervous trader. Trader C is nervous because he had a bad day trading early on, and could not stop thinking that if he lost that same amount of money every day, he would be penniless in 54 trading days. Trader C worked hard his whole life, and despite having never got the big promotion or raise, Trader C managed to save some money. Trader C is not used to people listening to him. But he is good at seeing things develop around him which makes him sensitive to change. This is a good thing for Trader C, who is more an analyst than a trader. But Trader C can never seem to catch the big one because every time he sees a trade up decent money, he remembers that loser in the beginning, and he grabs the money rather than let the profit run.

• Downvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There are several reasons why a trader may lose out on trading. The most important reason is probably a lack of knowledge. The ignorant trader is sure to repeat his mistakes time and again.

ok i just started on forex using etoro... im still using the practice account but im using it as much as a real money account, what i started doing was reading the info that im supposed to know (yes i still have a long way till i become an expert) and started trading a little bit everywhere, but i was loosing money....

Now today i found the new insite feature etoro has where you can checkout what the biggest traders are doing, buying selling, etc..so i picked the top trader at the moment and the guy is buying eur/usd so he recently started and bought eur/usd so i did at the same price in the low risk, in just 15 minutes i closed the trade and got 8 dollars in profits in total, i bought eur/usd a couple more times and also got profits similar (one of them was of only 3)

at the moment im in the middle of a trade, and i hope it will go good soon.

that is the strategy im doing and i already am getting back what i lost before, ofcourse im not gonna do this once i get my real money account, but i feel like following the crowd is the best to do and youll loose the least...its good to take risks too but thats what im doing so far and ill be doing for a while.

btw if anyone got any tips for me id love to hear them;)

regards,

matiskater

In my view, usually traders lost in forex market because they have lack knowledges and lack experiences in forex but they entered directly to real account.

Many trades wanted to get high amount of bucks instantly from forex, it's impossible but many members tried to make it happen.

• 1 month later...

@wasi90lkv1 yes that is really a great factor you mention for lossing money in forex and i think if we overcome this than able to keep our profit which we already get from forex . and out of this another important things moneymanagement and if we do that than there will be some less risk to washout our account.

• 3 weeks later...

@wasi

Yes, there are a lot of factors but we can classify it in short, that was our attitude and our psychology factor. Our attitude will be affected with our

knowledges and experiences, our psychology will be affected with condition of market and our money management control. Usually these are the main

factors which affected forex trading.

• 2 months later...

You can attribute your fiasco in the forex market to many emotions and characters, such as fury, greed and so on. But in fact, those are in everyone. You don't have to get rid of those emotions or characters in order to become a good trader. You just accumulate your experience and gradually you will understand how to control them, and not let them hamper your trading.

• 1 month later...

It is better to trade by yourself rather than following trading signals given by other traders, they are not better than you, you have a similar brain and you can success and make a good results if you concentrate, one of the disadvantages of ready signals is that you have to follow them hour by hour, and you have to enter them all, not just select one or two, as the signal provider does not ensure profiting in all trades, he says that the end result will be in positive, so this is time and effort consuming.

• 1 month later...

Its the lack on knowledge and inexperience which makes us commit mistakes while trading and therefore we have to suffer huge losses in Forex. Hence, most of the new traders use a Demo account in the beginning of their trading career to get along with the trading conditions and develop some experience...

• 2 months later...

I think greediness for me. Because if you have gained some profit already but then aiming for more trades as hoping more of profit then greed shows up and tendency that the profit will become loss. I think i should learn how to control or change it not to have consistently losses or totally losses.

Yea for me too, it is that greedy nature of human being that makes us loss in the Forex market especially I can say in my own case. I had all the necessary knowledge and I knew the right things to do but some how i still made that mistake. definitely no one can win in that market 100% but keeping the losses to a minimum is the most important thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the time, being impatient is the cause why traders lose a trade in forex. Being impatient is sometimes caused by not having lots of time. Sometimes, you only have an hour to do your trading and your decisions will get affected. Maybe, you should not trade if you have not enough time in your hands.

We must control the greed some trader only earn a small profit a month because of the volatility of the market! You may earn tomorrow but on the other day it can wipe out all your money earned if you weren't able to control your greed. One earns and one losses, that is just how forex is, you can earn a BIG amount and thefore you can lose BIGGER amount.