Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Leave greed is better

When you got yourself filled with greed, never do any trade! Why? It just wasting your time and your money, you'll get yourself lack of analysis and lack of any other preparations before opening a position...

Filled but controllable greed is fine for trader as it will allow them to trade effectively reduce more risk. In the end with control greed you able to optimized yourselves. I disagree with many traders saying that don't trade with greediness, but in fact you cannot leave greediness at all, you are only can control it.

In my view this is sensible thing to do; if we don’t leave greed then we will only be left with nothing else. I have learned to get over the greed and it has helped me a lot with my level of consistency which was never possible when I was greedy, so that’s why I have learned to avoid greediness and that has helped me massively and allowed me to get fair amount of success. I trade with OctaFX broker which has played further role in enhancing my performance due to their rebate program where I am able to earn 15 dollars profits per lot size trade and this includes the losing trades too, so that’s why I like it so much.

@myregister : I wonder if you can control greed, look at ronnie posts below you, you won't get anything else if you don't leave greed, the best situation that you can achieve is leave greed and focus to your trading also beat your own fear, with that you won't have much problem with any emotions.

Filled but controllable greed is fine for trader as it will allow them to trade effectively reduce more risk. In the end with control greed you able to optimized yourselves. I disagree with many traders saying that don't trade with greediness, but in fact you cannot leave greediness at all, you are only can control it.

I can say I agree with this. As long as you could handle your own greed, your trading would be fine. And yeah, you can't leave greediness since it was involving your main aim to gain profits in this business (I'm not even sure if there's a trader joined this business without their greed :/ )...

Handling greed is a bad idea, the best way is leave greed. That's what you should, controllable greed? Like what? Playing with fire? Greed is a harmful emotions from trader, we can see through many testify of all traders, greediness could lead to margin call and not just in fx, but in throughout human's history greed would bring demise.

"Handling greed is a bad idea, the best way is leave greed"

Are you kidding with me here right now, friend? Handling greediness is neutral thing not dangerous nor safe for sure. All once again DEPEND on trader. You must know the one of the most famous quote by warren buffet which said "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful' that is become my motto because still it is all about human psychology that affected market.

I don't know if you ever feel greed or emotion? That is hard and i can say impossible, we can see throughout history where trader know when to stop and to start is someone who can leave greed. They don't allow emotions of them trying to invade their mind, so they still able to think clearly.

• 2 weeks later...

Greed is very harmful in this business although greed is a natural thing and we can control our greed by the practice on demo account, greed can be control with our experience and experience can be gain in demo account.

Yes it surely harmful and as you know people  despise greediness that lead them to bigger loss or continous loss. This is not a good idea to trying control something as harmful as greed, just like what i said it will lead to you loss and it is just like playing with fire and i don't recommend it especially to those newbies.

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessariliy. Greediness could help traders to obtain their own ambition or profit. Greedy at the right time would bring more profit and better profit. Based on my own experience greedy is a part from humanity, discard it make us not human instead robot. I don't recommend to leave greed, just try to control or avoid it if you can't control it . Avoid it doesn't mean you must leave it.

Again? It is hard to do that well actually impossible. It is just like playing with fire. Leaving greed is the best option we have not to mention it has a lot of good things like we don't have to disturbed by our own greediness that may lose us so much. We human could leave greed and able to control our trading better and even robot doesn't have emotion it doesn't mean their way to act is the same like human.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who wants to trade when you are greedy? Everytime you trade with greediness you will lose, but don't think i want to avoid greed as much as possible, greedy is part of me. I just need to control it, to tame it and unleash it in the right time. Not always right duriing my trial as trader and still now i made few mistakes unleash my greed resulting in small profit or even loss, but also there are some times where i make profit wiht it. So leave greed is not an option here.

@ myregister: You said it, i mean look it carefully if you don't leave your greed you won't overcome your greed and i feel this is a very bad news for traders who want to get profit and minimize the risk in this high risk industry, isn't it? If you can leave it then do it, everybody can do it in fact.

@ myregister: You said it, i mean look it carefully if you don't leave your greed you won't overcome your greed and i feel this is a very bad news for traders who want to get profit and minimize the risk in this high risk industry, isn't it? If you can leave it then do it, everybody can do it in fact.

I would stop when i am greedy, that means control. Controlling greed is not like playing with fire if you know the way you can put this into your own arsenal, i never tired to say one of my favourite investor quote which is Warren Buffet. If you know it that is clearly he want us to control our own emotion and not leaving it or eliminate it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice if we were able to leave greed in forex trading. Forex is a business that has a high risk and therefore, we should be able to leave greed to trade better and minimize greed by using small lots first. There is no can profit if trade with  greed

Yes greedy is like as enemy that come from own selves, this is desired to making profit at short time with use high risk taker with expectation to making huge profit at short time, but usually greedy will only harmful account and will killing account shortly, as we can possible trade safe with use free margin wisely and don;t over trade

Very nice if we were able to leave greed in forex trading. Forex is a business that has a high risk and therefore, we should be able to leave greed to trade better and minimize greed by using small lots first. There is no can profit if trade with  greed

I also want to do that but that is not a reality, it is a mere concept to sell so called holy grail system to you. If you don't have greed, you won't earn money you won't trade in forex, even if you want money you will make money from a more stable earning stream. Control is the key not leave or eliminate greed which is our own emotion.