Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum - Sponsored by 1xBit.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Orbex

1xBit

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

FX vs Stocks Marketing

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

@myregister: The reason for liquidity in foreign exchange is for sure because of low barrier but it has nothing to do with decentralized server, because it is decentralized so the price is going down because there are no just one liquidity provider which monopolized the market since decentralized market means that there will be tight spread offered.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

LOL @ sidejob i find this thread is a bit interesting because how people trying to compare this two profitable business, why? Because even one have advantage over the other, not all can maximize both of this type of business into its maximum extent. Only big plyer who can do that while small retail traders usually stuck between one of those two. To me now FX and Stock is different thing with its own advantages even i must side with forex now.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

A bit funny to be exact, fx vs stock already debate for over years some people prefer forex while others prefer stock but to be honest almost any of them never try both they are just stick with one and claim their spot is the best spot. By doing both we can compare which is the best but i doubt that because forex and stock actually offers different ways to earn.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

But many already do that, well even they are minority but that is a lot of testimony to hear. Still it is divided, some prefer stock over forex especially spot, while others prefer forex spot over stock. In the end it is both which actually interconnected to each other and from my own perspective Stock has its own advantage while FX also has its won.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

You mean the index right, but yes it still divided people prefer one while prefer the others in this case one prefer forex while the others prefer stock. But from what i see if we are talking about the marketing right now, fx marketing is way better globally especially through internet while, stock just affect the local or at least in regional scale for the marketing but the real effect it is global just like fx.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

You mean the index right, but yes it still divided people prefer one while prefer the others in this case one prefer forex while the others prefer stock. But from what i see if we are talking about the marketing right now, fx marketing is way better globally especially through internet while, stock just affect the local or at least in regional scale for the marketing but the real effect it is global just like fx.

Sure lower price(spread), lower barrier entry, and others. FX surely win this case compared to Stock, but remember stock is better in the way you earn, forex is pure speculation, 90% are speculation while Stock are doing well in this case even there is speculation, also regulation is strictier with Stock but forex it is less, considering there are more than one regulators for one trader around the world.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

I get it forex is 90%  speculation right? But you know that the stock price also not just driving by the fundamental sentiment but also because of the speculation in the market. FX in this case win because it doesn't have any kind of barrier which stocks have and also their marketing is worldwide which make them able to gather more people to join.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

To be exact 70-90% even still debatable are speculations. Forex mostly like that and you know that 30-35% of the total interbank market in the hand of the big global bank who trade, for example like Barclays or JPMorgan. They are the one who try to accumulate profit daily. While it is true that retail traders are gaining place but still small, while in stock i think the biggest one is still company, right?

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Of course it is small but it keeps growing. Retail traders gain more powers than before thanks to the internet and i think in 5-10 years later retail traders could get around 10-15% shares of the market considering that many of us from 3rd world countries trying to switch to foreign exchange. Stock is limited here, but FX is more than that.

bearhugs

bearhugs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Stock market is something very fishy for me. I have seen so many people in my country losing money in this business. If any high news goes in air, all market become strange and we loss our money. And that happens sudden. While forex is much more safe then this market.

Sininfinity

Sininfinity

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 642 posts

Stock market is something very fishy for me. I have seen so many people in my country losing money in this business. If any high news goes in air, all market become strange and we loss our money. And that happens sudden. While forex is much more safe then this market.

I also don't trust stock market. lol The prices of stock market can be manipulated easily with a big boy. Also there is someone called the "Underwriter" may be who can change stock prices if price movements stops.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

But that is worthy to trade in stock market, especially if you are living in 3rd world countries and also some big stock market right now is more open towards foreign investors even that is quite protective with some rules which give a setback to some low amount foreign investors. FX forever would be the most liquid one and also having more orders to matched.