Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

which currency pair do you prefer?

Yes, trading majors give us more advantages than minor or exotic pairs as lacking information, experience and the spread too high. 

Both have its own advantage and disadvantage, as for major pair it is has bigger liquidity compared to minor or even exotic pairs, but it is hard to be a market maker not like in few minor pairs or even in most of exotic pairs. But minor lack of liquidity only good in volatility.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

majors have the most amount of information which makes them the best option for any newbie, unless you are fixated on trading some markets or pairs that are a bit extic, then one has to allot some decent time to learn that market and masster it, i know of traders that make it big from trading exotics, but i stick to gold and oil trading and our favorite the EURUSD on hotforex

I don't often trade gold but is your broker offering good gold spread?

If i think it once again it seems right that major have the most amount of information than others, thus make it easier to analyze. Also if you are afraid to analyze the market there are hundreds of analysis based on experts out there you can see and compared. I also think this is one of the reason many people choose majors then others like minors or exotics.

• 1 month later...

Major pairs for sure give more benefit rather than exotic spread. It is understandable since exotic currency pairs have bigger spread and also because it lack of liquidity, the only chance to reap profit is to be a market maker and if you have bigger money to spend this is also good but depend on the way you treat the market, all i can say exotic is for experts.

Yeah, because of that many traders will choose major pairs rather than exotic pairs, also people overall will try to make money not become a market maker, for most of forex trader which is a speculator then Major pair is the most feasible option for traders than exotic pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Major pair also have liquidity more than exotic pairs sidejob and this is why people prefer it because there are more money circulated, so the price is moving and it is not so easy to manipulate the price. After do a long trading, i still prefer major pairs over the others because of its profitability than others.

• 1 month later...

Sometime I am look open xaudusd, this is included on metal commodity, and symbol for gold, usually average movement on this instrument trading has larger movement more than average movement major pair, on gold can occur movement more tha 2000 pips a day, adnd also usually spread free also higher than major pair, for trader that want in challenge they can trying this commodity

Well, my favourite currency pairs for sure are major pairs, ranging from EURUSD to NZDUSD. Currency pair other than that which i choose before is actually GBPJPY. Many people prefer major pairs because of its high liquidity, and also the volatility of major pairs is higher than minor or exotic pairs.

I don’t really mind trading on any currency since I believe if we’re good enough then we can make profits from any currency. I am currently using EUR/USD pair, it’s best for me given the stability of this, it’s also helpful to trade on any pair when you’re working with broker like FreshForex, as they have wonderful zero spread account, it saves so much money for me!

I don’t really mind trading on any currency since I believe if we’re good enough then we can make profits from any currency. I am currently using EUR/USD pair, it’s best for me given the stability of this, it’s also helpful to trade on any pair when you’re working with broker like FreshForex, as they have wonderful zero spread account, it saves so much money for me!

Don't mind? How about exotic pairs? Trade with MXN/IDR and see if you really love it. For me i will skip exotic pairs because of its low liquidity making it hard to move plus high spreads which surely will kill me. I prefer Major Pairs and GBPJPY(Cross pair) because of its volatility plus its high liquidity compared to the other currency pairs.

• 2 months later...

Everyone will say EURUSD and i also agree with them EURUSD or GBPUSD and after that AUDUSD or USDCHF. Almost of my trading depend on the news since my shift to it few years ago. Primarily I compare USD news with the others but AUDUSD usually used when i trade in Australian Dollar based news which give more accurate prediction of what happen for AUDUSD.

• 2 weeks later...

I am open multiple pair like as eurusd, usdjpy,gbpjpy and some another, but usually I am only trade on one or two pair only according my analysis what pair that likely giving better opportunities to making profit, but maybe many trader choose eurusd or gbpusd because this is very popular pair and also having good average movement

I am open multiple pair like as eurusd, usdjpy,gbpjpy and some another, but usually I am only trade on one or two pair only according my analysis what pair that likely giving better opportunities to making profit, but maybe many trader choose eurusd or gbpusd because this is very popular pair and also having good average movement

All traders should  be like you, open to all kind of pair. The key is that as long as that pair have bigger profitability. I am sure some people stick with few such as EURUSD or if not GBPUSD. But if you can make profit from NZDUSD for example, you should choose it. Profit doesn't know about what kind of currency you choose.

I usually trade major / popular currency pairs as they inherits less risks and are traded more easily, besides these i also keep an eye over gold and oil however these two items are bearish most of the time and we can make money by selling them short.

eur/usd is the best for every new person because in the startr step we have to know manny thing about the forex we don't know enough about the pip 'if we select other pair then we have ti face problem becasue in dmo manny person refer these pair also which is eur/usd .other wise it depend upon the trader if they have enough knowledge about trading  that they can marke profit every time then they have to try other pairs.

So many trader they like to trade on eurusd, which this pair is very popular pair, and many trader want to making profit with choosing this pair, but I think now usdjpy also as good pair which average movement this pair also high, while cross pair like as gbpjy now after brexit seems average movement not like as before brexit, now become less volatile

Because EURUSD has higher liquidity, i love GBPUSD too because it has higher volatility even compared to EURUSD especially during overlapping market. The currency that i am choosing is various depend on the condition but all of them are major pairs, so far i just trade 2 or 3 times other currency such as GBPJPY or EURCHF.