Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

libertyreserve-libertyreserve.com

I don't usually check my IP address entries at all . As I usually log in here using my own computer . But as you mentioned that someone may try to log in our account , so I would better check it out from time to time . But from what I know if someone did try to log in using another IP address that you would get a notification from LR immediately .

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started to use LR when i got hooked to this ptp program. I never use this payment processor before because i thought it was not safe to use. But when i started using it i was satisfied with their security feature though they are asking to much before i can get into my account page but its okay i believe they only making our account safe.

My LibertyReserve Balance Is Gone!

:unsure: When I logged into my LibertyReserve account ten days ago or so, I found out that all money ($15.20) from the account balance disappeared and was transferred to U0096137 (TheWeb) on 4/24/2011 as a payment for a webhosting package.

I have not bought any WebHosting Packages. I reported a mistake several times and contacted the support , but no response.

What else can be done?

:unsure: When I logged into my LibertyReserve account ten days ago or so, I found out that all money ($15.20) from the account balance disappeared and was transferred to U0096137 (TheWeb) on 4/24/2011 as a payment for a webhosting package.

I have not bought any WebHosting Packages. I reported a mistake several times and contacted the support , but no response.

What else can be done?

I think you should check your account IP entries and see if any unauthorized members enter the account and purchased any order,

well, the account must have been hacked,

so better to use new account, and maintain it safely,

I think support can't help with that as LR transactions are irreversible.

What else can be done?

If you don't bought a package. Then is only mean one thing. You have been hacked. Now that means its time to reinstall/ reformat your computer. Then install antivirus and don't open unverified websites and dangerous website. Also open a new LR account. Its no use to use old LR account.

If you don't bought a package. Then is only mean one thing. You have been hacked. Now that means its time to reinstall/ reformat your computer. Then install antivirus and don't open unverified websites and dangerous website. Also open a new LR account. Its no use to use old LR account.

exactly, using the old hacked account is allowing the thieves to steal even more from that account,

it's better to tale proper security measures while using LR, or any other e-currency,

so that there won't be money loss caused to us,

without any anti virus, one must not use LR at all on that PC, I think so.

@amath

There is no connection between your fund in LR and your Windows. Although you have formatted your computer, it won't make your money back.

If you have been hacked so there is nothing you can't do. Create new one, new account.

well, I just have checked the LR official blog for updates, if any,

and have noticed that there is nothing heard from them, since long time, for now,

it was on 29th April that there was news about some maintenance schedule and

till date no news updates from LR for around a month for now, and everything is going normal.

Usually if LR do some maintenance its only take about an hour to five hours. But if theirs some problem with its system or hardware then its another story. I don't think its can be consider a maintenance but a repair. TO be honest two months ago when they are down its scares me.

Usually if LR do some maintenance its only take about an hour to five hours. But if theirs some problem with its system or hardware then its another story. I don't think its can be consider a maintenance but a repair. TO be honest two months ago when they are down its scares me.

Sometimes they use the term maintenance. Not only sometimes, but mostly. Actually we do not know if they repair or doing something else.

@budado

Oh really? I never found that LR did some maintenances except in few months ago when LR did maintenance for long time enough. It was about a week maintenance, I never found any maintenance in LR anymore after that. I don't know if I am the one who didn't know it.

four days ago, on 31st, May, 2011, there was an official announcement from the LR that the site will be temporarily unavailable on 4th, for two hours,

and after that maintenance, LR is back to normal job now.

Scheduled Maintenance - 04 June, 07:00(am) GMT

Liberty Reserve will be unavailable on:

04 June, between 07:00 (am) and 09:00 (am)(GMT)

This upgrade will give you a faster, more productive system.

Thank you for choosing Liberty Reserve.

I can access the site without any problem and I'm doing an exchange also. But theirs a time about five to ten minutes that I can't open the site. But that's all. I think its just updating itself when I open it. But that's give me a big scare. Because I'm doing online exchange so you know that LR is my life line.

• 2 weeks later...

they are done with maintenance already. When i need some more updates i just read it in their blog. but i rarely see new updates on their blog. i think their blog is for important announcement only and they don't just post any updates that is not important .

they are done with maintenance already. When i need some more updates i just read it in their blog. but i rarely see new updates on their blog. i think their blog is for important announcement only and they don't just post any updates that is not important .

I really find it weird that LR is using a free site for their blog. Lets face it this site is a multi earning money site. It charge 1% fee per dollar transaction and right now they can't even afford to open their own blog? If they have no programmer that can create a website for their blog then its not surprise that until now LR suffer from maintenance from time to time.

Before always i used lr guard in my firefox but after upgrading my firefox to 6 lr guard is not working. actaully only for lr guard i dont upgrade my firefox before but when so much facility in new firefox then atlast upgraded and hoping lr site also upgreaded there lr guard.

• 2 weeks later...

Before always i used lr guard in my firefox but after upgrading my firefox to 6 lr guard is not working. actaully only for lr guard i dont upgrade my firefox before but when so much facility in new firefox then atlast upgraded and hoping lr site also upgreaded there lr guard.

If its not broken why fix it. right? I guess its time to keep what is working and don't upgrade so that you don't have any problem. Now if LR guard is updated then I think that is the time you use the new FF. Me. I don't upgrade my FF since two years ago. For me what is not broken don't need to be fixed.

there have been a lot phishing e-mails recently, with subject that I have won $100 monthly bonus,

I think this is another way to trap clients and hack the accounts,

members should be alert with such hackers and report these phishing mails to LR's abuse department via ticketing system,

so that LR will investigate and take necessary actions on hackers.

I have a question about Liberty Reserve. When most people are posting their payment proofs, they post something like this:

Date: xxxxxxxxxx

Batch: xxxxxxxxx

From Account: xxxxxxx

Amount: $xxxx

Memo: xxxxxxxx

It is in column. How do you see the transaction detail in colunm? I have tried checking my transaction history on my LR account. It only appears in a row.

seems confirmation mails regarding latest transactions on LR is delayed or so,

LR just has returned after scheduled maintenance,

but there was no prior update regarding this maintenance on their official blog,

I will try to log in and check if normal after some time, as it's just back after maintenance.

It is in column. How do you see the transaction detail in colunm? I have tried checking my transaction history on my LR account. It only appears in a row.

I am not 100% sure about this but I think they use the email that comes from LR, informing new payments to LR account. I think it's off on default. At least I had to put it on. IT's great feature to have get a note about new received payments.

@FinCoder

I didn't know Liberty Reserve has that feature. I know for Paypal and Alertpay, incoming fund notification is turned on. I just logged into my account and went to "settings", checked "Notify me by e-mail about incoming transfers ". Thank you for telling me that. Then screenshot of email notification is more like a payment proof.