Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

A graphic Design by me

We're these created completely from the scratch, or just googled up and put together with a simple effect via Photoshop? Because it seems that the dragon was poorly just cut in half instead of actually designed to fit the whole collaboration.

And saying "it's not so good because I didn't use much time in it" is, bluntly put, plain stupid. If you're going to present something like a portfolio, it needs to represent the best you can deliver - no client wants to see something that you bump up by copypasting stuff in few minutes.

Just having a camera doesn't make you a photographer, so just having Photoshop doesn't make you designer.

Avoiding a valid question - so apparently copypaste "designing". And what makes you think I really would have interest in seeing something else, since this is what you presented on the first time.

And worse than saying "I didn't use much time in it", is repeating the said sentence. I have a feeling that you'll need a lot more training before you can really call yourself a designer.

If you go releasing something, then you need to be prepared to take the critic.

I work in a less competitive field than designing, but I still had to build my reputation from ground up to be able to get all the assignments I get today. Sure it took time (approx. two years of actual work - and basically one could count my 12 years of studies to it), but in the end it does pay off.

So while I do wish you all the best in your career, I really want to remind you that not everyone with a copy of Photoshop is a designer right off - everyone needs practice. Lots of practice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...