Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

OctaFX_Farid

TRADING SCHEDULE CHANGES DUE TO THE SUMMER TIME SHIFT 2017

4Ht9ZYk.jpg

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule due to the summer time shift.

From March 12, 2017, the USA moves to summer time. European countries change to summer time 2 weeks later, March 26, 2017.

In this connection, we alter trading schedule on Fridays, March 17 and 24: trading on all instruments closes at 23:00 (EET, server time).

Trading on all metals (XAGUSD, XAUUSD, XPDUSD, XPTUSD), on XTIUSD, on US30, NAS100 and SPX500 will be open 00:00-23:00 (EET) from March 13 till March 24.

Trading on XBRUSD will be open 02:00-23:00 (EET) from March 13 till March 24.

Please, consider the fact that any open trades upon closure of trading hours will be rolled into the next day.

The schedule will return to normal on March, 27.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please, contact our Customers Support in case you have any questions. If any failures occur, please report immediately to support@octafx.com

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your top-notch Forex Broker!

• 3 weeks later...

OCTAFX CHAMPION DEMO CONTEST, ROUND 61: PATIENCE PAYS OFF

0TlQUFT.png

March is over and Round 61 of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest is complete. Congratulations to four more traders who shared the prize fund of 1000 USD this month!

1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Mr Alim from Indonesia
2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Mr Ferdariski from Indonesia
3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Mr Lisong Zhang from China
The last runner in the contest, Mr Iwan Efendi from Indonesia is granted 100 USD

So, what strategies did these traders use to succeed? Read on to learn about their personal experiences, from spectacular profits to trying and testing a more unique approach.

1ST PLACE: MR ALIM FROM INDONESIA

I’m very happy to have won first place in the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest. I devoted almost all of my time to the contest to ensure I made the right trades at the best prices. I definitely plan to take part in another round. The key is patience when placing a trade and to keep a close eye on the prices. I kept my strategy simple, and I haven’t encountered a significant loss yet. I’m learning a lot right now, but I think it takes around three years to become a successful trader.

2ND PLACE: MR FERDARISKI FROM INDONESIA

Second place?! My results really exceeded my expectations and my hard work during this round paid off. I only made trades when I felt it was the right time to enter the market based on market analysis. I spent time evaluating market conditions to determine the limits of support and resistance lines and used this as a rule when placing positions. Without a doubt, I will participate in future OctaFX contests, I want to repeat this success! My motto is ‘Trade like a sniper, not a machine gun’ and my strategy focussed on inter-market analysis using volume, momentum, and moving average indicators. However, my techniques are far from perfect and there are many other factors that need to be considered in order to minimise loss. I made a spectacular profit with my first transaction in this round (Round 61) - that was my winning momentum. I don’t think you can put a time on how long it takes to become a successful trader, in the words of my mentor, ‘Keep learning, learning prior to success’.

3RD PLACE: MR LISONG ZHANG FROM CHINA

I was very excited when I first found out that I’d won third place in this contest. Big thanks to OctaFX for organising it. In my opinion, OctaFX provides the most powerful, most trustworthy and most promising trading platform compared to other brokers.

I was very focused during the entire contest, especially during the last stage. I’ve taken part in the Champion Demo Contest on multiple previous occasions, but this is my first win. I hope it’s a sign of more success in the future. I think my success in this round was a combination of my analytical skills and a dose of good luck. I decided to close my positions in the last few hours of the contests and fortunately it paid off. My trading strategy involves patience and acting quickly when trading opportunities present themselves. Each trader has his own qualitative trading opportunities. My strategy is quite unique. I’m always improving my analysis techniques and putting them to the test.

I think the journey to becoming a good trader is a long one. The person’s character, knowledge and experience are also important factors. I’ve been on this journey for over four years and I’m still on it.

LAST RUNNER: MR IWAN EFENDI FROM INDONESIA

My motivation to improve risk management tactics and succeed in Round 61 was inspired by the failures I experienced in the previous round. I’ve learned many lessons from this contest, from staying in control to changing my trading style. I was employing the ‘full-lot’ strategy in the hope of becoming a champion, but instead I was experiencing big losses. This time I opened my positions based on the candle patterns so I spent more time focussed on chart analysis. I’ve been learning how to trade for about a year now and I can already notice a difference. But in my opinion, time is not the only measure when it comes to becoming a good trader. Continuous learning is a determining factor in long-term trading success.

Become an OctaFX champion

Join these traders on their trading journey. Keep your eyes on the prize and register today to take part in the next round of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest.

• 2 weeks later...

CHANGE IN TRADING CONDITIONS

DUE TO FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

ApGOvFw.png

We’d like to inform our account holders that our marginal requirements will change on 24 April 2017 due to the presidential election in France. The following changes will apply from 00:00 EEST 24th April 2017 until 00:00 EEST 25th April 2017.

Leverage will be lowered to 1:200 on currency pairs, 1:50 on metals and crude oil and 1:10 on indices.   

High volatility is expected after the announcement of the first round results, with gaps on trade opening. Please consider this information when planning your trading.

Be aware that further changes may be made depending on market volatility. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

OctaFX takes pride in offering its account holders a safe and stable trading environment. We’re taking these steps to help manage risk and ensure we maintain a service that puts our clients’ needs and satisfaction first.

Thanks for choosing OctaFX as your preferred forex broker!

CHANGES IN TRADING SCHEDULE FOR UK AND EUROPE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ON 1ST MAY 2017

96rs3SX.jpg

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule on 1st of May.

Monday 1 May, trading on FRA40, EUSTX50, GER30, ESP35, UK100 instruments is closed.

Remember that any trades that are open at the time trading closes will be rolled into the next day.

You can talk to our Customer Support team 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.

If any failures occur, please report them immediately to support@octafx.com

CHANGE IN TRADING CONDITIONS DUE TO SECOND ROUND OF FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Gdkxt7i.png

We’d like to inform our account holders that our marginal requirements will change due to the second round of the presidential election in France. The following changes will apply from 00:01 EEST Friday 5 May 2017 until 23:59 EEST Monday 8 May 2017.

Leverage will be lowered to 1:200 on currency pairs, 1:50 on metals and crude oil and 1:10 on indices.   

High volatility is expected with the announcement of the second round results, with price gaps on order opening. Please take this into account when planning your trading.

Be aware that further changes may be made depending on market volatility. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

OctaFX takes pride in offering its account holders a safe and stable trading environment. We’re taking these steps to help manage risk and ensure we maintain a service that puts our clients’ needs and satisfaction first.

• 2 weeks later...

OCTAFX LAUNCHES DAILY MARKET FORECAST WEBINARS

0ShIkyT.png

OctaFX now delivers ready-made trading tips direct to your door, every weekday morning

We’re excited to announce the launch of our brand new Daily Market Forecast webinars, covering the most relevant news about global events and economic releases, chart patterns, the hottest technical analysis and new trading ideas for major pairs. You’ll also learn how to use the AutoChartist plugin to identify actionable trading opportunities.

Dan Blystone, Market Strategy Expert, will host this series of daily webinars. Dan worked in the futures industry in Chicago as a floor clerk, trader and broker. Dan’s also contributed to FXStreet.com.

OctaFX is committed to providing customers with meaningful trading insights, education, risk parameters and explaining trading ideas, on a daily basis. We invite everyone to register and join these webinars to energise your trading strategy and start the European session with fresh trading insights every day.

The Autochartist plugin provides chart patterns and trends enabling traders to make informed trading decisions and achieve a higher percentage of profitable trades. If you'd like to know more about Autochartist, get in touch with our Customer Support team.

We also welcome your feedback. Get in touch with info@octafx.com and tell us which topics you want to see in these webinars.

Register today, move to the next level in your trading tomorrow.

• 5 weeks later...

OCTAFX CHAMPION DEMO CONTEST, ROUND 63: INDICATORS OF SUCCESS

EcRPimQ.png

Round 63 of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest is complete. Congratulations to four more traders who shared the prize fund of 1000 USD this month!

1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Boery Waluyo from Indonesia
2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Giana Winda Putri from Indonesia
3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Tan Wai Chew from Malaysia
The last runner in the contest, Seregey Kuchmenko from Uzbekistan is granted 100 USD

Patience, analysis and perseverance. Have you got what it takes to become a champion? May’s winners do. Read on to learn how they trade to succeed.

1ST PLACE: BOERY WALUYO FROM INDONESIA

I’m very happy to have won first place in this month’s OctaFX Champion Demo Contest and I’d love to take part in future contests after this success. My technique involved simple analysis to define whether the market was bullish or bearish before opening a trade. Once I’d placed a trade, I used the Fibonacci indicator to identify key levels of support and resistance. The Fibonacci level was my profit target. I tried to avoid the scalping technique and stick to my own analysis of technical movements in the market. As well as using the Fibonacci indicator, I also used EMA 34, EMA 5, EMA 7 and RSI (Relative Strength Index) indicators to understand the direction of the market.

All of my trades during the contest achieved profits - this was totally unexpected. I always calculate my profit based on the amount of points or pips that could be reached; in my opnion, the more pips we achieve, the better our trading strategy.

I can’t put a time on how long it takes to become a good trader because market conditions are so dynamic. The more a trader observes and understands market conditions, the better chance they have of becoming a good trader. I believe we can learn from each other in order to improve our individual trading strategies.

2ND PLACE: GIANA WINDA PUTRI FROM INDONESIA

It feels great to be one of this month’s winners! I really enjoyed taking part in the contest, but I only traded occasionally. It’s true that you don’t need to dedicate all of your time to trading in order to succeed! I’ll definitely participate in the next round in June.

My strategy is all about fundamental analysis and plenty of patience. I opened trades to coincide with important news releases and analysed the nature of the news stories due to be released each day according to the economic calendar. Using this technique I earned 250 pips as a result of a news release affecting NZD. I think you can expect to become a good trader after one year of continuous learning - that’s the part that requires dedication.

3RD PLACE: TAN WAI CHEW FROM MALAYSIA

I was so surprised when I found out I’d achieved 3rd place in this month’s OctaFX Champion Demo contest. I’ve been trading forex for over three years now but I don’t use a specific strategy, I rely on my experience and gut instinct. I use H4 charts because this is the most time-efficient technique for me. I don’t think I’m an outstanding trader, but I believe I have the right mentality (and perhaps some luck! I didn’t suffer any significant losses during the contest). In my opinion it takes at least a year to become a good trader, as long as you have the right attitude.

• 2 weeks later...

MAKE SMARTER TRADING DECISIONS WITH OCTAFX MARKET INSIGHTS

FGnga1K.png

We’re excited to announce the recent launch of all new Market Insights from OctaFX, your go-to source for real-time trading insights every day Monday to Friday.

See more success with the help of our daily and weekly forecasts and reviews, plus many actionable trading ideas updated live throughout the day. Don’t miss an opportunity to profit, follow every update @OctaMarket on Twitter.

Our team of experienced forex analysts delivers the latest technical and fundamental insights direct to you, the trader, to inform your trading and success. OctaFX Market Insights includes charts patterns, channels and major levels. Plus, traders can benefit from easy to understand commentary on the fundamental factors that make the markets, making it simple to plan how you could profit from the outcomes of global news events.

Take these insights, combine them with our weekly webinars, build on your forex education and apply these learnings to your trading. We wish you a successful day in the market, every day.

Thank you for choosing OctaFX as your preferred broker!

Currently available in English.

• 2 weeks later...

OCTAFX CHAMPION DEMO CONTEST, ROUND 64: UNDERSTANDING PROFITS AND LOSSES

D8jyF0z.png

Round 64 of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest is complete. Congratulations to four more traders who shared the prize fund of 1000 USD this month!

1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Anouar Kasri from Morocco
2nd place with the award of 300 USD goes to Anita Lestari from Indonesia
3rd place with the award of 100 USD goes to Agus Supiyadi from Indonesia
The last runner in the contest, Mrs Sukamti from Indonesia is awarded 100 USD

Our latest winners explain the importance of controlling your emotions and dedicating the right amount of time to learning and applying trading strategies to see significant gains. Is there a secret to trading? Read more to find out what they think.

1ST PLACE: ANOUAR KASRI FROM MOROCCO

Excited is the word I’d use to describe reaching first place, it feels great! I put a lot of time and effort into becoming the best trader in the contest this month. I believe my strong spirit and patience were key factors in my success. I prefer to use technical analysis to monitor market movements and identify entry points.

My winning strategy included using Fibonacci retracement and moving averages to trade GBPUSD and GBPJPY, fuelled by their high volatility. My most impressive gain so far was during this contest, but I also anticipated and experienced several losses.  

2ND PLACE: ANITA LESTARI FROM INDONESIA

I’m so happy to be an OctaFX Champion Demo contest winner. I never imagined it would happen, and this was the first time I took part. I used my spare time to trade and started trading a few days after the contest started.

The key to my success was being selective and patient for the right trading position. I used a combination of power analysis on H1 candle and fundamental analysis. It takes around two years to understand market movements and become a good trader. I experienced a 200% gain on GBPUSD during the contest using fundamental analysis. My first trading experience in this contest was so successful, I’ll definitely join future promotions.

3RD PLACE: AGUS SUPIYADI FROM INDONESIA

I’m pleased to have secured third place in the OctaFX Champion Demo contest. It’s thanks to this contest that I have learned to be a more disciplined trader. The key to success is developing the potential that exists within ourselves. I don’t believe there are any secrets in trading, it’s all about real data that must be learned and applied. The most important thing in becoming a good trader is devoting the right amount of time to learning trading techniques and understanding the market.

AND CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR RUNNER UP MRS SUKAMTI FROM INDONESIA

I’ve learnt so much from taking part in the OctaFX Champion Demo contest. I will continue to try to climb the leaderboard by taking part in future contests, and in the meantime I will study market analysis techniques and practise being more efficient. On a number of occasions I know I would have been more profitable if I’d spent longer analysing market conditions before placing trades. Controlling your emotions is key to success.

Become an OctaFX champion

Reach the next level in your trading career. Profits equal cash prizes, so register today to take part in the next round of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest.

• 10 months later...