Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Importance of stop loss placement in forex trading.

Stoploss is the only safe guard we can use to protect our account from unsuccessful trade. It helps us to protect our funds from unpredictable market movements, i guess it is a one way of admitting your decision is wrong. But choosing the stoploss level is bit tricky. If you choose small stop loss you will end up in loss as well. Most of the time i use support and resistance levels to set the stop loss. 

SL is very important to me and i am sure to most of the traders that posted here. First of all, SL help us to see which is fit to us more when we trade. Some traders prefer to use this way because they don't want to wait for cutting loss, they just open position after analyze the market and let SL to cut the loss if they lose their position.

• 6 months later...

yes of course that is absloutely right, I believe that his feature is the most important feature that traders should know and use so well, if they can use it and know to put which is the best time to use it, then i am sure that forex will be a great thing for them and will minimize the risk that they will suffer later.

I am still using stop loss in my trades, beacuse actualy as trader they will never know where the price will move on direction, might can up and down after submit order in the market, with stop loss although leaving account more tha a day still felt comfortable because still in risk management plan, if get loss hence still many new opportunity next day

Yes that is also the problem which i am facing right now, SL is truly not suitable for me nowadays, i have even 10 consecutive loss because of this feature, and 5 of that is irony because only few  minutes after it cross my SL, the price is turning against my SL, sometimes i even think that my broker playing with me.

Yes that is also the problem which i am facing right now, SL is truly not suitable for me nowadays, i have even 10 consecutive loss because of this feature, and 5 of that is irony because only few  minutes after it cross my SL, the price is turning against my SL, sometimes i even think that my broker playing with me.

I think if you more confidence trading without stop loss , hence you can try out these strategy, but of course also you must ready with consequence if possible occur the trend against order larger and larger again untl margin can't withstand price movemnt and get margin call account, but yes often I am hear in discussion about stop loss hunter, if broker put this software so will giving disadvantage for trader

It seems that my view about stop loss right now is a bit change. I still think that is useful feature but only if you know the right way to use it. I use it and still suffering 10 consecutive losses and what makes me surprise that all loss is marked as completed while the profit i get only few that market as completed(reaching its TP LOL). What a irony if think that stop loss is holy grail solution. 

I'm sure that you ever exprienced that the price is either rise or fall against your prediction and touch your SL but after touch or pass your SL, the price step by step or even worse in fast speed match with your but unfortunately SL is executed and you let with nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Stop loss is a type of pending order that he forex trader places in anticipation that if a trade or an open position goes the other way round to the negative side, then the trade should be closed automatically at the set order price which is the stop loss. It prevents a trader from losing more than required amount while trading. 

• 1 month later...

The advantage of a stop loss is you don't have to monitor on a daily basis of how the currency price is performing. Just set it and forget about it. So it is not like you must have to stay awake for 24 hours just for the sake of cutting loss by you personally. With these you can trade with ease and don't have to burden yourself so much.

Without stoploss I dont think that we can get anything good like protecting our fund so it is better to place stoploss in our trade for safety of it as this will help us go a long way far so dont just left it behind its for your own safety as a trader

The benefit of SL is clear, right? Setting stop losses can help you stay away from the mental pressure and unwanted emotions which may destroy your own account . Because you know how much you will lose and also you will be setting the stop loss at the price which you are ready to lose.

Stop loss os very important for manage the risk, how to place stop loss is required experience, and maybe different trader will different way to manage their risk, certain trader use stop loss, another might use hedging strategy and all way to manage the risk

Keeping trading without stoploss I might called it blind trading yes blind trading in the sense that anything can happen to your trade and you become frustrated which have no value a good trader need to learn how to limit his or her loss to some certain degree

The stoploss placement in our trade is very good when using stoploss then you need to use it with care and proper strategy as this alone can help you survive so forex need our knowledge and stoploss help save us from those dangerous trade

Keeping trading without stoploss I might called it blind trading yes blind trading in the sense that anything can happen to your trade and you become frustrated which have no value a good trader need to learn how to limit his or her loss to some certain degree

Trading withjout stop loss if can't monitored account hence will can't do some thing that required if trades against the trend, but if still can focus on the ccchart although not use stop loss as trader still can use cut loss manually, and as trader also need patience to running plan trading

@radex78, are you talking about trading against the trend it is very dangerous to have that in your mind as a good trader you dont need to trade against the trend of the market that is not good just ensure that you learn and trade with the trend

Lol trading against the market is not really good, all i can say that is just like what you said it is dangerous thing for you. I know in very few cases it would work but for mostly of your trading will ended up as BIG LOSS, this is not good for the future of foreign exchange trader. Putting SL in the right amount not just help traders to control the risk but also avoid more losses.

Lol trading against the market is not really good, all i can say that is just like what you said it is dangerous thing for you. I know in very few cases it would work but for mostly of your trading will ended up as BIG LOSS, this is not good for the future of foreign exchange trader. Putting SL in the right amount not just help traders to control the risk but also avoid more losses.

Right, we will get loss even bigger if we keep trading against the market. I think, we already know that we should make order as market movement. We can try to maximize indicator when trading so we will have clue what we should do

When we use stop loss properly we can protect the trading account from blowing out and for that traders have to place a stop loss properly which can be achieved properly when we have the experience and skill because placing an effective stop loss is an art and not all can do that perfectly.

All together stoploss help us to keep our trade well secured and well protected so there is no point to be afraid of anything forex stoploss is what we can use to build our trade and make it the best so that is our knowledge and skills is the first asset we ever needed to win

Stoploss is one of the best type of offer which we can place stoploss give us the real eye of everything that we ever needed to move on so forex is not a get rich program you need to excercise some patience if you think that you need something positive and as well we need to stay focus