All Pips

where to place stoploose?

ermaniso2011

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@alam, you need a wide stop loss when you will leave your position floating for a long period of time. On the other hand, when you are a short term trader, there is no need having such wide stop. Setting Stop Loss depends more on your trading strategy and skills and I think, it should determine the way you set.

• 5 months later...

Its best to do analysis. You will learn how to check the support and the resistance level. In this way you will know your SL and TP also. Never try to open a position base on hunches only. We really need to make sure that we know how to do analysis before we trade to know the current trends and the expected trend.

Its best to do analysis. You will learn how to check the support and the resistance level. In this way you will know your SL and TP also. Never try to open a position base on hunches only. We really need to make sure that we know how to do analysis before we trade to know the current trends and the expected trend.

If we want to make good analysis, we must learn to understand market. Because it's the key for us to understand market movement and we will get the right moment to make order. I also try to maximize market news from TenkoFx. Beside that, i also try to learn from my experience.

It is wiser if the trader discover on his own the best place to place Stop Loss. This risk management tool doesn't come in alone and as an automatic thing, rather, it is a trader's skill that helps him determine the best place and the best way to set it. Trading is also about the business of Forex and that which we must as well achieve with that.

I put my stop loss depends on my analysis and depends on the pair that I'm trading. Usually a pair volatility is different from each other. I do make some good profit in the last few years now in forex trading without using SL. But still its very important that we know how to use SL. I only have different strategy and my strategy does not requires SL.

The trader should be very very careful when he or she is placing his or her stop loss. If you don't know how to place it or that you do not place it well, you will very surprised that even with your stop loss, you will lose a lot of money from your trading capital.

If we want to make good analysis, we must learn to understand market. Because it's the key for us to understand market movement and we will get the right moment to make order. I also try to maximize market news from TenkoFx. Beside that, i also try to learn from my experience.

Its seems sound that its more like an opportunity to you to promote tenkofx than discuss forex trading in general. Anyway if we do fundamental analysis then its good to get news not from a forex broker site but from forex news site. In this way its neutral. Sometimes if we going to use a forex broker site. One will say this and the other forex broker site will say this. They always add their own opinion and not just post the news as is.

personally, I choose previous support and resistance level to mark my stop loss level. however, different strategy has different rules in set SL level. scalper will choose to use risk and reward ratio calculation in point out stop loss level. changes unpredictable and better if traders does not set stop loss too tight. its will going to get hit many times.

• 2 weeks later...

put a stoploss profitable is to use a positive stop losses. Stop loss is the value of the lowest price limit that is determined to limit losses. When the price action touches this value, then the system will automatically close the order or position. we can put a stop loss when it  get profit. so that when the market turns against the direction and the price touches the SL then we can still make a profit

• 3 weeks later...

Stoploose is a very benefectional tool for every trader. If we place stoploose in our trade before setting order in market.benefit of stoploose is that if our tdare going toward loss after touching stoploose trade will close autumatically.after closing trade set new order in markit to recover loss which is so best for every trader.

traders can place stop loss on the previous support or resistance level. or they are set it based on risk reward ratio. but since we are deal with uncertain movement of market, better we are set stop loss on the previous level of support and resistance. and does not set stop loss based on risk reward ratio.

the best is in previous level of support and resistance level. however, there are many traders who set stop loss based on risk reward ratio. usually they are implement scalping technique. however, if traders implement long term approach in trading, they are has tendency to set stop loss on previous support and resistance level.

• 2 months later...

It requires our attention and also our experience to deal with it. SL is the same tool just like TP or even Robot that we use for trading. What makes it different that it does not make our trading fully automatic but rather to be semi automatic. So in order to find the right amount pips of SL, i suggest to keep trading in demo account first make sure you are getting used with it.

• 5 months later...

To place stop loss you need more consideration of how much that should be pegged, and the right time is when you opened a position when you start trade or at least 1 minutes, the faster you place the better you can closed your platform and waiting for the result of your trading.

• 5 months later...

After some trials and error,  also with some experiences after real trading i think around 10-15 minutes is the best for apply your SL. I am using news based strategy technique and with that much i can avoid loss because of touching SL since sometimes fake movement after news could put the price against the news for a while before bounce back down.

• 4 years later...

The more trading you do, the simpler it is to sit around. Some low maintenance forex traders find that the ends of the week are the ideal occasions to work out a trading plan for instance. And afterward, all they need to do as the working week starts is follow that arrangement with the goal that they have the base measure of everyday work to do. This is one of the most significant parts of trading, however, it is much more essential that you hit the nail on the head in the event that you are working an all-day work.

• 10 months later...