Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

where to place stoploose?

ermaniso2011

hi dear trader friends.today l want to share one of my experiance and advice for newbies.it is really working.wher shall we place our stoploose?

the safest set up is here.

when you get signals from market and decide to open a position ,you may buy or sell.now the question is where to put my stoploose.

place your stoploose a few points away from nearest support and resistant line.if you will scalp then use smaller time frame like 15m or 30 m and find support and resistant.if you are day trader or long term trader then go to 4h or 1 day chart.in most case it is working.

important:once you placed your stoploose dont ever never move it to anywhere.set up and forget.

good luck :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to try and minimize the level of our stoploos while trading in forex over-greed always lead us to a way which you can placed your stoploose beyong where you supose to.

I dont know what your point in here but if I understand you right you want to have low spread between current price and your stop loss? If that is the case then you will always get SL. Because in trading you don't have a fix SL. You compute it. You compute the market daily volatility, you calculate the trend. Because SL against the trend and SL along with the trend is different spread. Its not the same.

• 2 weeks later...

we can set our stoploos with the number of pips we know that we can avord to lose if the market kick against us I personally do operate in 15pips SL,and my take profit will be somewere 30-40pips depanding of the news information i reciv befor enters the market

On what pair is that 15 pips? different pair has different market volatility and that means SP must also varies depends on the pair that you are trading. But 15 pips is good also but its also must be sync with your strategy as different strategies demands different SL.

Sometimes, a 15-pip SL will not work. There will be times when the chart will be in a roller coaster that this 15-pip SL will just get devoured in a short span of time.

I do agree. but depends on your strategy also. If you do naked trade and your target TP is only 10 PIPs then that means your SL is 15 PIPS also. But that is they know how to use scalping as scalping is only good in certain market condition.

But about SL right now I do 25% -25% SL in trend pattern.

How do I do this. First choose a pair. then check its daily volatility. Now I open my trade if its hits 25% level or either support or resistance depends on the trend and I put 25% SL on total daily volatility. For example if a pair has 150 daily pips volatility I put 25 Pips SL. but since I only open my position 25% level of support or resistance level that means that I only going to get SL if theirs a break out.

• 4 weeks later...

The best strategy is to place a stop loss well below the support level or above the resistance level as forex markets heavily depends on the sentiments of the traders and a decent break of the support or the resistance level can cause your positions to suffer huge losses...

The stop loss should be placed ideally at psychological levels, just below a strong support if a trader were buying and just above a strong resistance if a trader were selling. It is not a golden rule that all traders will use the same stop loss levels. It is at the discretion of the trader.

• 2 weeks later...

The stop loss should be placed ideally at psychological levels, just below a strong support if a trader were buying and just above a strong resistance if a trader were selling. It is not a golden rule that all traders will use the same stop loss levels. It is at the discretion of the trader.

In putting SL you don't need to use psychological levels. Because in forex trading theirs no such that. Before you make a trade you must first analysis the market and create a trading plan. know how much is the average profit and how much is the SL. And since market is not predictable and mostly not trending. Its better that we put SL depends on the volume and the volatility of the pair that you are trading. Because if you put SL right at support or resistance level if theirs pull back before the rally or a dip then you get SL.

Exactly and correct point you have here when come into forex trading there is nothing like psycology or prediction all we need to do is to analysis the market first then know were to place our stop loos and take profit for beter return on trade.

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone wants to play a safe game. so they have to follow some marginal ratio of any signal indicator. If anyone will see that such item has big profit but their previous track record is now and then drop down. Then we need to use SL. So we do not need to predict any position or status.

• 5 months later...

I think the most important thing for the installation of stop loss should have distances with our current position on a trade because if we place a stop loss with close proximity would worry if the price was quickly reversed course with the results of our analysis and of course it will be a pressure very large on our trade

is needed analysis of currency movements appropriate to determine how the amount we want to use the stop loss strategy, if we put a stop loss in a very low position is very concerned about the price movement will move opposite so we did not have the opportunity to make a profit because it closed trigger, stop loss is good in my opinion about 30 points.

the installation of stop loss we want is not it depend on short-term trading or long term trading if we do trade short term installation distance when opening a position with 30pips distance may be very good but if we do long-term trade maybe we should memsang stop loss with a little distance further because long-term trading is really risky to me

true what you say long distance trade is very risky at all especially if we use a small capital, to me that has only a small capital rather than using long-distance trade is better to use Stop Loss system is sure to have a small loss, so we can still use capital to start trading elsewhere. with the SL makes us easy to determine what the maximum amount that we want to use.

to that before we do the trade we should really take into account the level of risk we trade with a number of capital that we have and also by setting the appropriate lot size so that we could make a very strong capital defense even though the price reverses direction so we'll still be trading away from the margin call

• 3 weeks later...

for beginners to avoid a margin call due to smaller capital used to use a stop loss strategy is a strategy to ensure the survival of an ancient but forex trading without the fear of a big loss, because for beginners will always fail due to failure by not controlling the emotions and inexperienced to read action prices that are often mistaken in interpreting price movements, and therefore the SL strategy we can hit big loss so it can continue to learn with the rest of the capital we have.

ideally, stop loss point not too high and not too short from entry point. short stop loss point will not enough to give the market room for ranging movement while long stop loss will make traders miss reversal momentum. basically, stop loss point is situational based on the traders strategy.

exactly once with stop loss position that is not too high and not too low will make us able to prevent the loss of the short time in addition to implementing the strategy we also have to look at the price action of the currency pair if the movement is fast or stable, if the movement of the currency pair move money quickly we can use the strategy SL

• 10 months later...

I've seen  a wide set of sl and it works better that way than a really tight spread. It helps cause the numbers bounces so much that you will lose your trade if its too tight. If you use like 15 or below, you will be taking out pretty quickly so if you use 20 and above, you will stay in the game longer if the rend is bullish to allow you to take profit before it comes back down. This is from my experience. I used a wide spread to catch my profit before I will need to worry about sl.