Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

money management and stoploos.

l have opened this topic couse of to remind to newbies to be carefull to know the importance of this two.

money managment and stoploose can not be used alone by teirself.both has to be applied.

example:specially in most cases newbies has small capital lets say 100 usd and ofcourse they want to work hard and tomake it 200-500-100 ...... usd .and they decide to listen the experts.the expert says dont ever forget stoploose so that you can always stay in the game,and other expert advise them always appy money managment risk only %2-5 of your capital per trade.but frankly for an account owner which has only 100 usd %2 is only 2 usd.and that is a very funny amount :)so most of the newbies just ignoring it couse they can make it grow faster,they think like this.but in most case the newbie will keep on loose his capital and keep on deposit.

now what l m trying to say is if any trader reading this have to decide .do you want to make a living with forex and to want to be professional forex trader in future.?all the knowledge can be studied with books or other documents,you can master yourself about forex.but discibline is something that is with you that you cant learn from a book.

moneymanagment ,risk management ,and stoploose are the most important rules that all the trader have to follow.if not then the trader have to find another profession or he or she will keep on loose for the rest of their life.

• Downvote 4

First, it is not Stop Loos, but Stop Loss. You have to understand the correct words first, before making article about Forex, because it is talking about money here. And as we know, a little difference on Forex can make different result for us here as the trader. Money Management is really important with or without Stop Loss.

• 1 month later...

Good thinking but have you also considered that if you had not placed the stop loss and the trade continued the pother way round, what do you think would have happened. I think that the markets sometimes act this way as you have experienced but it is better to trade with a stop loss than without it.

• 11 months later...

Never think to have fast or quick ROI in Forex unless we wanted to have high risks here. But with the high risks will have high chances to make losses also or prone to have reach margin call. The way to handle the capital is to have the stop loss which is part of our money management. As much as possible we want to not have forgot this including TP.

• 3 weeks later...

Stop Loss is a feature on Forex Trading, and usually it is used for the Money Management here. But, some traders do not want to use the Stop Loss, it is still fine.

But i think they should use it especially for newbie. If you can use that thing so well then you will lowered the chance for you to loss your money in forex, at least not reach MC. But it is not a must thing to do, if you don't want, but still i advice to you to use Stop Loss Feature, because it is important one.

Yes, I agree with Trickster. It's true that placing a Stop Loss in a trade is good and helps reduce loss, it is however not a MUST. Some traders(especially not newbies) prefer to trade without Stop Loss (staying with their computers) and are making good profits. Stop Loss is good, but it is not COMPULSORY.

I'm prefer to set stop loss in all my open position. Using stop loss already save me several time from getting marging call. Even that will be hurt when we got stop loss but if we didn't want to add it, we can get bigger loss that can lead us into margin call.

personally to me,i use both as a trader.i only use 25% of my capital to trade and i still use stop loss whenever and trading,i guess it all about well we understand how the market trend and Forex trading,stop-loss is an important feature in Forex trading and my advise to trader not using it to try and find away to understand how it can work with the trading strategy.couple of practice with the demo account will definitely help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forex can help the student. Because student can make money from forex beside their study's. So forex is most important for the student . If a good student want to earn money to continue his study's, it is good for him. Student can make money from forex and then they will be happy.

• 2 months later...

Your money is a huge part of your life. It can determine what you can do and where you can go. Learning how to manage your money the right way is an important step toward taking control of your life. as we are aware that forex is not easy to earn but you need proper money management plan to go with.

• 3 weeks later...

Stop loss is part of money management. We will need to use stop loss if we don't want to lose all of our money shall we fall asleep or walk away from the screen or that the market will be way too volatile. We will need to set stop loss in all trades. Its a basic requirements in order to prevent loss in trading. You don't have to use it if you will be sitting in front of the screen to exit a trade. However, we must have some form of money management in order to save our money and not have it wipe out. 

• 3 months later...

The setting of the stop loss strategy is important to any trader who wants to make sure that there is adequate protection and guidance to his trades. However, where the problem is is that a lot of traders who even use it or need it rarely know how to set it. That is the major limitations to the use of stop loss.

The setting of the stop loss strategy is important to any trader who wants to make sure that there is adequate protection and guidance to his trades. However, where the problem is is that a lot of traders who even use it or need it rarely know how to set it. That is the major limitations to the use of stop loss.

Yes, by using stop loss when trading, we have try to minimize the risk. But when set SL we must see the market movement too. We must try set it correctly. I usually also use TP when trading with my TenkoFX account.