Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

do you trade on fridays

hi everybody l have heard from so many traders and also read on so many e-books mostly they dont advice trading on friday.what do you think?is there any disadvantage to trade on friday?and what can be the reason that most of the expert traders dont prefer to trade on friday?please share your idea thnak you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find a reason why forex traders do not recommend to trade on fridays. I guess maybe they just based this on their experience. I have read in some blogs that in their years and years of trading, they haven't really have a decent trades during fridays and again we could not find a reason for this.

I couldn't find a reason why forex traders do not recommend to trade on fridays. I guess maybe they just based this on their experience. I have read in some blogs that in their years and years of trading, they haven't really have a decent trades during fridays and again we could not find a reason for this.

Well, yes I agree. Maybe, they have many experiences when it comes to trading on Fridays. As far as I am concerned, I win some trades on some Fridays and I lose in some, so it is not that definite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I trade on Fridays and if it were possible, I'd would have traded on Saturdays and Sundays. My point is, many traders believe that Fridays should not be traded but come to think of it, do losses not occur even on the days of the week when traders are told to trade. I trade anytime I get a signal.

• 11 months later...

You mean you have daily trading in the market. Well, I don't think it's really always that volatile just because of it's closing market time. But we should still consider of the influence of the market news not only in Fridays but in the whole week in general. Since, some news are going to have long term effects in the volatility of the market which we should take more of concern.

I do not know the reason behind this restriction (if you can call it that). Maybe, there is little action on this day since traders await the news for next week which might make the market more unpredictable. I may be wrong.

i also agree i don't know what is the reason behind this but for me everything is same, the day we want to trade, as long as market is good then trade if you don't want then don't trade, it is simple like that, with good analyzation people will understand more about the market that where they want to trade

• 2 weeks later...

well as for me, as well i only trade on days i feel it safe for me to trade,i don't trade all the days of the week,since i have my monthly target but i don't trade much on Fridays since the market close on time and according to my research i see that the market move slower on Fridays and i have being able to derive a strategy that work with slow moving market,so i like to stay away in most fridays.

I didn't think there are something wrong with Friday trade. All day is just the same for me. We can make profit in Monday, we an make profit in Tuesday, also we cacn make profit in all other maket open day. If we want to always stick into our plan, different trading day is not a big deal for us. The more important thing to do is we must always focus and be discipline with what we already plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe that trading Friday may cause something wrong. I made some profit on Friday and some losses as other day. I don't find any different on Friday trading comparing to other days. Don't fair to trade on Friday, if you have good strategy and knowledge then sure you will earn profit from trading market.

I don't believe that trading Friday may cause something wrong. I made some profit on Friday and some losses as other day. I don't find any different on Friday trading comparing to other days. Don't fair to trade on Friday, if you have good strategy and knowledge then sure you will earn profit from trading market.

many trader avoid to trading at friday and I don't know the reason completely. they said that friday is dangerous because the price can move wildly but according to me, the movement is still same with other trading day. if we make proper analysis, friday still able to give us profit.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes i trade in friday and it seems mystery why people don't want to do that, but for me i will trade in friday if i want but usually market is not volatile, but overall if we can grab few profits here as fast as we can then that is fine, or if we have bigger capital to trade, then it will be better.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i trade on fridays, surely with my broker, InstaForex. But i still confused why many traders avoid to trade in this day.

The reason is because the movement in Friday usually bigger than the other days. This is the real fact in the forex business. Because there are so many important news usually coming in every Friday. So, the fact, this will be good or bad. The opportunity is much bigger in Friday, so is the risk on Friday. This is why, some traders do not want to trade on Friday

• 4 months later...

Friday is still is a weekday, business day so some opp to make profit as well. However, the beginning of the week is better since you can enter at a low price and then exit at a higher price at the end of the week or midweek for example. I've observed that prices risen by midweek like a Weds or Thursday so if you had a previous open trade you can sell it on a Friday, most ideal but I prefer Monday to buy low instead or scalping. Friday is ok but not best day to trade. 

trading on Friday depend on the kinda trader we are and how well we understand the market,in forex trading the best way to constant make money is to understand the market.trading on friday is mostly slow due to there is no much news but when it the first Friday of the month the market is always moving fast and one can trade the Friday gab

Well there are reasons for that. On a Friday, the market is about to close off for two days so a lot of traders close their positions. When they close it off, the price will go downhill so not good for selling your week long trade. Perhaps you will make more money on Thursday as you sell it off. This could be why people don't like selling on Friday or buying on Friday and also you will pay swap when you leave it over the weekend. 

• 1 month later...