Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

why many people see forex trade as gambling?

rockstar

it because trading is guess the uncertainty and I think it is the reason why many people think that forex is gambling. in fact, every trader decision in trading between right and wrong and its like double-edged sword. give profit in one hand and loss in other hand. but not only trading, I think every decision making activity actually is gambling. because the output is always between success or failure.

I have to agree with you in that one of the reasons why people think of trading as gambling is because there is an element of uncertainty when it comes to forex trading. You can never be sure of whether you will be profitable or not when you are trading even if you have a good trading system as the currency markets are also volatile.

Forex is not a business of gambling here what I think hopefully here is just a matter of learning and practicing first in forex just to make succees if we can practice and learn carefully just to make succees in forex then you stand a good chance of making it rather than feeling of reductantcy in learning.

Yes, luck does play a larger role in gambling than trading because in trading you really need a lot more preparation to give yourself an advantage to make profits. For traders that dont learn forex before they get into it then its the same as gambling in any way because you being profitable is actually dependent on luck since you have no knowledge.

@standart I think i disagree with you in forex trading you dont need to do just that and say that forex is a probablity game that means if you are that kind of trader then for sure you dont have anything good to call your own in forex and you dont worth to trade in the forex market ..LOL,by so doing you will be trading with a gambling mind

Its just much better to learn forex so that you can become a good trader and get to make profitable trades in the process. You would be acquiring the knowledge and skills that are important to make trading a success so that you dont have to gamble your hard earned money away.

I wouldnt want to gamble my money in forex because I know that there are very big chances that I lose it all. There is absolutely no reason to put your investment at risk by not following the guidelines that exist in forex that are aimed at giving you an advantage so that you can eventually become profitable.

I don't think its good to compare forex with a gambling because gambling is illegal in almost all of the countries but forex have no restrictions in any of the country . so how can people compare forex as gambling . some say that both are addictive in nature Yes may be it is addictive in natures adoption it depends on us . we can blame forex for our mentality of thinking .

• 2 weeks later...

The issue of gambling being regarded as illegal is quite true and one thing that differentiate between the two. One thing to consider is the fact that people consider gambling within forex which is already legal in many countries. Its just the way that they chose to do their trading the same way they would do gambling.

May be some people will be thing forex trading as gambling because the main reason that most of the people do know fully about forex trading and they just decide it as a gambling because there are profits and loss in the game and money in involved here . but when we see cricket and they play for the money or some trophy so will it become gambling .

Forex can be seen as gambling for a variety of reasons. The most important is because there is betting in Forex, which is also present in Gambling. The only difference that seems comprehensible is that in Forex, this betting should be done after careful deliberations, while in gambling, it is done haphazardly. Also there are those nonchalant traders that do trade forex like it is a game, and thus make it look like gambling.

I can say that not all traders will be considering forex as a gambling business because most of them know that it has the ground and sky difference in most of the aspects . And i am sure that it is not at all comparable this business with gambling because in all the matters it is different except the risk and addictive in nature .

May be some people will be thing forex trading as gambling because the main reason that most of the people do know fully about forex trading and they just decide it as a gambling because there are profits and loss in the game and money in involved here . but when we see cricket and they play for the money or some trophy so will it become gambling .

actually in forex and gambling there are 2 possibilities that people need to aware, get money or loss the money. maybe because of this thing many people think that forex actually same like gambling, but for me they are totally different since Forex just like buy and sell thing and not like gambling which people gamble their money to win other's people money

It's because the two, Forex and gambling have risks. Either we think of having them both will mean of two outcomes or results of whatever we did to them we will going to win or lose. No surprise on that because, we know it and we know that these can be illegal and not advisable for investors in some countries while others are doing great in allowing these programs.

@standart I think i disagree with you in forex trading you dont need to do just that and say that forex is a probablity game that means if you are that kind of trader then for sure you dont have anything good to call your own in forex and you dont worth to trade in the forex market ..LOL,by so doing you will be trading with a gambling mind

so, you are always correctly know where the market movement will be heading right. wow man, I guess you should teach me how to accurately predict the market and always win all the time. LOL, if you think probability game is same with gambling, I think your life is very straight and never see that there are many possibilities appear in your life. watch carefully with your word because it shows judgment bias.

Its gambling. Becaus we really don't know what we are doing in forex. We don't know what the price will be after two hours and so on. But if we do analysis and we can do accurate analysis chance are we are not gambling but we are trading. And that the difference between gambling and trading. If we don't know what we are doing and rely on luck its gambling. If we rely on forecast and analysis that's trading.

It's because the two, Forex and gambling have risks. Either we think of having them both will mean of two outcomes or results of whatever we did to them we will going to win or lose.

You are correct in this instance because they do both contain a high risk and their outcomes are either winning or losing. With trading though you have much better advantage because you do take the time to study on how to actually trade so you are not only dependent on luck but get to have a plan in the process.

Gambling and forex have many differences and when people will know the entire knowledge about all this things then only they will be understanding the difference between forex business and trading business . i never try to compare forex with any gambling sites because Gambling is a worst games where there are chances of earning only due to luck but Forex is the place where talent and skills matters a lot

If they don't earn money in forex then they see forex as gambling. Me I don't mind that I'm making little money right now. But I'm sure for me forex is not gambling. I hope I can end up making good income for good. I just look at Apple product as I want to buy Iphone and Ipad but seeing the price really give me a headache. At my current online earnings if I'm going to buy Iphone and Ipad its going to be worth two years of online work!.

Gambling and forex have many differences and when people will know the entire knowledge about all this things then only they will be understanding the difference between forex business and trading business . i never try to compare forex with any gambling sites because Gambling is a worst games where there are chances of earning only due to luck but Forex is the place where talent and skills matters a lot

You are right in that knowledge and skills are the driving force behind being a successful trader and draws the line from gambling which is mainly based on luck. But the similarity is just there which is what lands people into trouble. One can also have luck in forex if they do not have the right knowledge and skills but it wont last for long. That said, its better to approach forex by learning first irrespective of whether luck may be involved.

One thing we must note is that forex sometimes goes alongside with luck, and luck itself is a major element in gambling. So as a trader it will be good if you erase the idea of forex as gambling (although forex can be referred to gambling in some way) because the luck in forex will not always be on your side, and that is where forex analysis comes in.

The main reason why many people think forex as gambling is there are many things that should be taking into consideration i mean to say some will be thinking forex as a gambling so i say that they should know the main difference as gambling . as we all know gambling is banned in many of the countries but forex is not . that is enough to say forex is not at all comparable to gambling .